Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    Penn State freshman Loli Fidler (Edina, MN) has been named the CHA Rookie of the Week:

https://gopsusports.com/news/2018/10...-the-week.aspx
    MN girls starting to have an eye for Penn State. What do they have coming in the next couple years from the State of hockey? any Bios, stats or tidbits will help us keep an eye out for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveholio View Post
      MN girls starting to have an eye for Penn State. What do they have coming in the next couple years from the State of hockey? any Bios, stats or tidbits will help us keep an eye out for the future.
      The only two recruits from Minnesota that I know of:

Mallory Uihlein, a defenseman from Edina, MN coming in 2019-20
      Josephine Bothun, a goalie from Forest Lake, MN coming in 2020-21

Comment

Video seemed to be aimed at Ontario.

Fantastic video promoting the school and program. Recruits must ask where it is located based on the map that was shown in video.

Minnesota girls have peppered the Penn State Roster from the get go.

Maybe with all that video capability shown in the video, Penn State will not let the scorer for Syracuse get loose (not sure if they have one). Nuutinen received player of week in the CHA for this past weekend. Murphy dinged them in the previous Providence series also.

Comment

This weekend is a home CHA matchup series against Syracuse, including the annual Penn State THON game on Sunday. That one is always the best-attended game of the season, so it should be a fun one. If the student section that shows up for men's games decides to come out for the women's game on Sunday, it should be even more fun.

Syracuse is another hard series to call. So far this season, they've won the games they were supposed to win, and lost the games they were supposed to lose, so it looks like a typical CHA weekend where anything can happen. They don't have any single player lighting up the stats, with scoring pretty evenly spread among the top eight scorers. Their leading scorer, freshman Lauren Bellefontaine, was just named the CHA Rookie of the Month, so she will be one to keep in check this weekend, but Syracuse isn't a one trick pony, either. I think the weak link for Syracuse is in net, with their top goalie giving up almost 3.5 goals per game - it wouldn't surprise me to see that this weekend. Syracuse does take twice as many penalties as Penn State does, so that should be something for Penn State to keep in mind.

In their last game, Syracuse took Clarkson to OT, so Penn State needs to come out fast and stay on the gas for 60 minutes, and use the smothering defense that they're capable of. Penn State freshman Loli Fidler has finally found her scoring touch, and that's good news for Penn State. Sophomore scoring leader Natalie Heising is being Natalie Heising...nuff said...and it looks like Jeff Kampersal has found the line combinations he wants for this season. Penn State is fun to watch because you can see the team settling in with each game, and lines starting to gel and make things happen. It should be a fast weekend.

Both games are at 2:00 (Eastern Time), and streamed free on LionVision at these links:

Saturday: https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Live=187&type=Live
          Sunday: https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Live=188&type=Live

Comment

Thanks for the research and links.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
              Thanks for the research and links.
              You're very welcome - are you going to be watching the games this weekend?

Comment

Can you post the final THON totals when they're released?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                  The only two recruits from Minnesota that I know of:

Mallory Uihlein, a defenseman from Edina, MN coming in 2019-20
                  Josephine Bothun, a goalie from Forest Lake, MN coming in 2020-21
                  Bothun GP MIN W L T SOG SV GA GAA SV % SO
                  16-18. 44. 2263 31. 10 3 1075. 1013. 60 1.53. 944. 14

Uhlein. GP. G. A. PTS
                  15-18 74. 9 26 35

Source MN Girls Hockey Hub

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Can you post the final THON totals when they're released?
                    The THON event itself isn't until mid-February. Why is this weekend's game on Sunday called the THON game? I have no idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                      The THON event itself isn't until mid-February. Why is this weekend's game on Sunday called the THON game? I have no idea.
                      Well that is a puzzler- unless it counts as a fundraiser by the women's team for THON????
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Well that is a puzzler- unless it counts as a fundraiser by the women's team for THON????
                        That could be - I think the fundraising goes on all year. It makes for a fun game atmosphere, though!

Comment

On Lion vision at some point before Monday. Bellefontaine is from Nepean. Syracuse has strong recruiting skills in Eastern Ontario. Penn State did get Rankin though.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                            Bellefontaine is from Nepean. Syracuse has strong recruiting skills in Eastern Ontario. Penn State did get Rankin though.
                            Penn State also has five Canadian commits - four from the PWHL (Oakville, Nepean, Stoney Creek, and Durham) and one from the CSSHL (Pursuit of Excellence Academy).

Comment

Here's a really good article about freshman forward Loli Fidler (Edina, MN):

https://gopsusports.com/news/2018/11...n-college.aspx

Comment

Syracuse beat Penn State 1-0 at Pegula Ice Arena today, and Syracuse led the shots on goal 29-18. I thought it was closer than that. Both teams took three penalties, and the Syracuse goal came on one of their power plays in the second period. It was a pretty even match, despite the shot count.

What still really needs work is how Penn State breaks out of their defensive zone. There was way too much fooling around with the puck, giving Syracuse time to slow them down. Also, the power play...wasn't. Syracuse didn't look overpowering or anything - Penn State just didn't put anything together consistently. Tomorrow is another chance, and hopefully Penn State comes out firing.

Probably the weakest highlight video so far, because there weren't very many: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVKs...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Working...
                                X