• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Gophers new recruiting video!

https://youtu.be/H31bBU4EL44
    Not sure it is exclusive to the Gophers, I recognized a lot more of Duluth in the video

Comment

Special shout-out to the Gopher volleyball team, now ranked No. 1 in the country!
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Intrigued by the overall team height for this years squad...

3 forwards 5'5" and under
        12 forwards 5'6" and above (8 forwards 5'8" and above).

All defensemen are 5'7" and above.

2 goaltenders who will play the most minutes are 6' and 5'8" (Scobee and Gulstene).

Lots of length and plenty of speed and skill to go with it. Excited to see how the pieces fit together for this years team.
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Gophers to Host WCHA Final Faceoff Through 2022
          https://gophersports.com/news/2018/9...ough-2022.aspx

Comment

I'm asking this question of someone who is more connected than I am. Why is Alex Carpenter and, of more interest to me, Grace Zumwinkle not on the US National Team Evaluation Camp roster which is taking place in Maine right now? Those are two pretty obvious omissions from the roster. Does Zumwinkle have an injury concern like Cayla Barnes or has she been deemed unworthy like Carpenter is currently with USA hockey?

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              I'm asking this question of someone who is more connected than I am. Why is Alex Carpenter and, of more interest to me, Grace Zumwinkle not on the US National Team Evaluation Camp roster which is taking place in Maine right now? Those are two pretty obvious omissions from the roster. Does Zumwinkle have an injury concern like Cayla Barnes or has she been deemed unworthy like Carpenter is currently with USA hockey?
              Carpenter ticked somebody off that is for sure, but she is in China

Comment

• Originally posted by In the blue View Post
                Carpenter ticked somebody off that is for sure, but she is in China
                A lot of what USA Hockey does makes no sense. They are arrogant jerks

Comment

Originally posted by In the blue View Post
                  A lot of what USA Hockey does makes no sense. They are arrogant jerks
                  DId you forget to sign in with your sock puppet or did you really mean to answer your own post?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                    Why did Bozak get cut at the last minute last year? WhoTF knows? At that level the differences are too small to easily identify and it is possible that just ****ing off the wrong person is all it takes & you may never know why.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                      Why did Bozak get cut at the last minute last year? WhoTF knows? At that level the differences are too small to easily identify and it is possible that just ****ing off the wrong person is all it takes & you may never know why.
                      I get that...I was more interested in if anyone knew if Zoom Boom was dinged up for the start of the season.

Comment

Some may have seen this but for those who haven't...A very well written article about Kelley Pannek by Nicole Haase.

https://victorypress.org/2018/09/13/...-kelly-pannek/

Comment

Some may have seen this but for those who haven't...A very well written article about Kelley Pannek by Nicole Haase.

https://victorypress.org/2018/09/13/...-kelly-pannek/
                          Great article, thanks for posting FiveHole.

I don't know if it's been posted here yet, but according to one player I spoke with tonight at the "Countdown to Puck Drop" event, Kelly has been named this season's Team Captain (the "C" was also displayed on her jersey in a tour of the locker room). And, in somewhat of an unusual twist, no assistant captains have been named, at least as of this date...

Comment

Exhibition thoughts after the 8-1 win over UBC:

Where was Kelly Pannek?
                            Amy Potomak took more than her share of punishment in the 2 periods she played. Hopefully she is ok.
                            Of the freshmen, two who are a little less hyped than the others (Skaja and Hengler) really played well. I liked the line of Skaja, Zoom Boom, and Schammel
                            I don't know how much she will play in the regular season but Sierra Smith looked pretty good on defense.

Comment

Exhibition thoughts after the 8-1 win over UBC:

Where was Kelly Pannek?
                              Amy Potomak took more than her share of punishment in the 2 periods she played. Hopefully she is ok.
                              Of the freshmen, two who are a little less hyped than the others (Skaja and Hengler) really played well. I liked the line of Skaja, Zoom Boom, and Schammel
                              I don't know how much she will play in the regular season but Sierra Smith looked pretty good on defense.
                              In the pregame interview, Brad and Dan made it sound like like a minor ding for Pannek. They expect her back next week.

In another note, the Winnipeg mom sitting next to me said she heard that UND was going to restart their women's hockey team. Don't ask me for details because I don't have any.

Comment

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
                                In the pregame interview, Brad and Dan made it sound like like a minor ding for Pannek. They expect her back next week.

In another note, the Winnipeg mom sitting next to me said she heard that UND was going to restart their women's hockey team. Don't ask me for details because I don't have any.
                                I was wondering where KPan was, didn't hear the pre-game. It would be really cool if UND re-started, put the WCHA back into symmetry, my hockey world would be better with trips to Grand Forks, really! I'd finally got that place figured out for food, bars, hotels and then, wham !, no more UND team. That 11/18/16 trip to the Ralph through the heart of a blizzard made the destination that much better.

Comment

Working...
                                X