Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
    Is 2002 and 2003 included in that range?
    No as they had non Minnesotans on the roster.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      No as they had non Minnesotans on the roster.
      That’s probably part of it

But it could also be that maybe that group wasn’t a bunch of screw-offs like the others
      apparently you guys are slackers too, musta skipped class the day they taught that the exception does not disprove the rule
      Last edited by pokechecker; 03-16-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Have had some off-line discussion about BC for next year and now that the 2017/2018 season has officially ended it can be said that next years lineup should be a worth coming out to the rink to see. I don't have the answers as to how you generate more interest from a fan standpoint but if you had to market a team, next years team is what you would want to be working with. Returning Kaz winner and potential future winner in Lonergan. Three Olympic defenders returning to the lineup. One of the top goalie recruits and a lot of forward depth. This team has the potential to score A LOT of goals.
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          Have had some off-line discussion about BC for next year and now that the 2017/2018 season has officially ended it can be said that next years lineup should be a worth coming out to the rink to see. I don't have the answers as to how you generate more interest from a fan standpoint but if you had to market a team, next years team is what you would want to be working with. Returning Kaz winner and potential future winner in Lonergan. Three Olympic defenders returning to the lineup. One of the top goalie recruits and a lot of forward depth. This team has the potential to score A LOT of goals.
          You're definitely right that having three now-world famous Olympians coming back to the team should hopefully generate some interest. Hopefully the marketing people at BC can capitalize on that...
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            Hopefully the marketing people at BC can capitalize on that...
            Have the marketing people (!) ask Crowley to pull McArthur at 00:01 of each HE period, skate six and save her for the big ones. The very occasional ENGs would not affect the Ws.
            Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 03-19-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

You're definitely right that having three now-world famous Olympians coming back to the team should hopefully generate some interest.
              The reason that I attended my first women's college hockey game was from seeing an ad that Minnesota, who I knew had a '98 gold medalist on the roster, was hosting Providence, who had Sara DeCosta at the time.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                The reason that I attended my first women's college hockey game was from seeing an ad that Minnesota, who I knew had a '98 gold medalist on the roster, was hosting Providence, who had Sara DeCosta at the time.
                That is a really neat story, ARM. And now you are one of the greatest contributors to the conversation about college women's hockey, pretty neat how that works. Hopefully BC gets more fans, I know it came up in the press conference after the quarter final. A challenge for Boston is that there are 6! women's hockey teams between pro and college. BC is presently the best of the college teams, but six teams is still going to spread your support pretty thin.

For myself, what brought me back to being a women's college hockey fan was learning that streamed games were actually high quality enough to watch and enjoy, seeing gifs and social media by the teams and fans, being reminded of this wacky but lovable forum (I came here after the UND program cut got announced), and seeing that people were actually starting to write and talk about women's hockey on twitter.

I honestly don't know what else BC could do to attract fans other than win a national championship which they are obviously working on. While women's hockey supporters will always beat the drum for more and more support, as is appropriate, I look at how far it has come, and it is really really amazing. I kind of think of women's hockey supporters like guests at a wedding. At some point you stop caring about who did or did not show up and you just have the best time ever with who did. Women's hockey is in a pretty good place right now and it is really gratifying to see. I think there will be a boost in interest post USA gold; I know there were mixed opinions on this but in the end, I don't care - women's hockey is doing great right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  Ha that's a more admirable story than me and Joe's "a-BC-player-punched-a-Providence-player-in-the-face" one
                  Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 03-19-2018, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                    I honestly don't know what else BC could do to attract fans other than win a national championship which they are obviously working on.
                    Honestly, BC's attendance isn't all that different from any other eastern teams. Outside of MN and WI, which are definitely the exceptions rather than the rule, attendance is hard to come by.

I do have hopes that attendance might go up because of the Olympic gold, though. Here's hoping!

Comment

Honestly, BC's attendance isn't all that different from any other eastern teams. Outside of MN and WI, which are definitely the exceptions rather than the rule, attendance is hard to come by.

I do have hopes that attendance might go up because of the Olympic gold, though. Here's hoping!
                      Agreed, I hope the Olympic success gives our sport a good boost of support and renewed interest and enrollment at the youth levels.

Comment

Congrats to Darryl Watts, the USCHO player of the year for 2017-2018.
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

That post made me curious. I wasn't around (meaning in Madison) for the early years of Wisconsin's program: were they always as successful as far as attendance goes?

From the 2001-2002 season to the 2002-2003 season, per game average jumped from 300-and-change to over 900 per game. The won-loss records for the two years wasn't particularly different; the 2002 team actually did somewhat better in the WCHA. There were two differences: gradually, they were playing more games at the Kohl Center, on campus, and fewer games but still some at a rink in a suburb five miles away from campus; and for the 2002-2003 season, Mark Johnson became coach.

So maybe MJ by himself was enough to get people to come out, and keep them coming. Can you get Jerry York or somebody like that to come over to the women's team?

Comment

So what are we looking at for lines

MYSTERY TRANSFER?! - Newkirk - Browne
                            Watts - Lonergan - Finocchiaro
                            Beres - Connolly - Belinskas
                            Corson - Little - Slowe
                            McCarthy - Norcross - Annese

Keller-Sommerfield
                            Flanagan-Fey
                            Barnes-Bizal
                            McNamara - Ross

McArthur
                            Barrow
                            Pickreign

I'm obviously just kind of throwing names together. Fey I'm told is quite good and should be a top 6 D. Browne apparently is the jewel of the class, she was NEPSAC D1 PotY, which is the same award that Newkirk, Lonergan, and Barnes all won. So. You do the math.

Gonna be some talented girls in the stands this year. I can't remember the last time that happened. There's going to be some serious competition for ice time.

Ideally (not-so-)MYSTERY TRANSFER plays with Watts given that they should have some chemistry from being linemates in the past.

EDIT: No clue on Norcross vs. Finocchiaro, ideally they're both top 9 quality but that might be asking too much lol
                            Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 03-22-2018, 10:20 AM.

Comment

This Mystery Transfer will give us a good opportunity for some Megan Keller-style superlatives. I heard this Mystery Transfer once visited a Fortune Teller...just to warn her.

Comment

So what are we looking at for lines

MYSTERY TRANSFER?! - Newkirk - Browne
                                Watts - Lonergan - Finocchiaro
                                Beres - Connolly - Belinskas
                                Corson - Little - Slowe
                                McCarthy - Norcross - Annese

Keller-Sommerfield
                                Flanagan-Fey
                                Barnes-Bizal
                                McNamara - Ross

McArthur
                                Barrow
                                Pickreign

I'm obviously just kind of throwing names together. Fey I'm told is quite good and should be a top 6 D. Browne apparently is the jewel of the class, she was NEPSAC D1 PotY, which is the same award that Newkirk, Lonergan, and Barnes all won. So. You do the math.

Gonna be some talented girls in the stands this year. I can't remember the last time that happened. There's going to be some serious competition for ice time.

Ideally (not-so-)MYSTERY TRANSFER plays with Watts given that they should have some chemistry from being linemates in the past.

EDIT: No clue on Norcross vs. Finocchiaro, ideally they're both top 9 quality but that might be asking too much lol

Beres is no 3rd liner.
                                she should be on 1st or 2nd. she is the only player that parks in front of the net. she also started the whole team (well, most of them) blocking shots.

Comment

Working...
                                X