Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    You see glimpses of what bc is capable of doing but it still seems to be that they can't shake the problem of letting teams with supposedly less talent hang with them.
    Penalty kill, man.

I'm less annoyed about this game than I was about the last BU game (I mean, obviously).

Few things:

(1) The penalty kill is a dogpile right now. If we fix that we're probably not in very many close games. That's a specific, fixable thing that will pay off once it's better. BU was like 5 for 11 against us and Merrimack today was 2 for 4. Teams are not going to keep scoring on us at a 50% rate on the power play. Looking back I think this is the biggest issue of the "December To Not Remember." Other smaller things just compounded the issue.
    (2) The last few games had been a case of us taking pointless shots and making goalies look good. Demers looked AWESOME today. Usually we say "oh we could have had more goals," just based on the shot count, but today we REALLY had a ton of Grade A opportunities that Demers went nuts on. This was the first time I actually felt okay about the goalie looking good, because it wasn't our doing for once.
    (3) GREAT response in overtime. Almost won it a few seconds before. Way to dig deep and find a way to get it done.
    (4) No Barnes today. I do not expect us to be without her long-term but we have a month off after tomorrow anyway.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Penalty kill, man.

I'm less annoyed about this game than I was about the last BU game (I mean, obviously).

Few things:

(1) The penalty kill is a dogpile right now. If we fix that we're probably not in very many close games. That's a specific, fixable thing that will pay off once it's better. BU was like 5 for 11 against us and Merrimack today was 2 for 4. Teams are not going to keep scoring on us at a 50% rate on the power play. Looking back I think this is the biggest issue of the "December To Not Remember." Other smaller things just compounded the issue.
      (2) The last few games had been a case of us taking pointless shots and making goalies look good. Demers looked AWESOME today. Usually we say "oh we could have had more goals," just based on the shot count, but today we REALLY had a ton of Grade A opportunities that Demers went nuts on. This was the first time I actually felt okay about the goalie looking good, because it wasn't our doing for once.
      (3) GREAT response in overtime. Almost won it a few seconds before. Way to dig deep and find a way to get it done.
      (4) No Barnes today. I do not expect us to be without her long-term but we have a month off after tomorrow anyway.
      So in other words...It kinda sucked that overtime was needed but with the funk that bc has been in, you'll take it.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

So in other words...It kinda sucked that overtime was needed but with the funk that bc has been in, you'll take it.
        Pretty much, yup lol

Comment

Recap: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...imack-warriors

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Comment

I want to die.

Comment

51 shots...0 goals. WTH...

Comment

Cheer up bc faithful...I believe bc leads everyone else now with 3 commitments for 2023/2024. The most current recruit potentially looks like she committed as a 12 year old...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                  Cheer up bc faithful...I believe bc leads everyone else now with 3 commitments for 2023/2024. The most current recruit potentially looks like she committed as a 12 year old...
                  Doesn't everyone these days?! Gotta beat the deadline for the new recruiting rules! Lol

Comment

This does not cheer me up

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      This does not cheer me up
                      How about this then? You'll always have Allie Thunstrom (who BC stole from Minnesota) and 1/12/08 at Ridder Arena.
                      Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 12-10-2018, 02:37 PM. Reason: Of course, there is that "a tie is like kissing your cousin" kinda thing.
                      "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                        Doesn't everyone these days?! Gotta beat the deadline for the new recruiting rules! Lol
                        The question for these 8th graders should be- do you think the coach will still be there when you arrive at BC? Hard to fathom...but it’s a valid question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
                          The question for these 8th graders should be- do you think the coach will still be there when you arrive at BC? Hard to fathom...but it’s a valid question.
                          Not just at BC but any school that any of these very young recruits might consider verbally committing to.

Words of wisdom for these young recruits: Never commit because you think you like the head coach or for what he or she seems to be promising you. Always commit for your love of the school itself and particularly for what it offers you academically, and commit because you want to be a part of that team. If you keep it that simple and straightforward you shouldn't go wrong.
                          Last edited by shelfit; 12-10-2018, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                            Not just at BC but any school that any of these very young recruits might consider verbally committing to.

Words of wisdom for these young recruits: Never commit because you think you like the head coach or for what he or she seems to be promising you. Always commit for your love of the school itself and particularly for what it offers you academically, and commit because you want to be a part of that team. If you keep it that simple and straightforward you shouldn't go wrong.

So I keep hearing how the coaches hate the pressure to commit these kids so young but not only has it continued, it keeps getting earlier (until April), seems to me they created this issue themselves by not following the spirit of the rules. Lacrosse forced it 2 years ago and that should have been a warning. I bet before April, we will see a 7th grader commit. Can't be good for anyone. I remember the posts when Katie Burt committed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                              So I keep hearing how the coaches hate the pressure to commit these kids so young but not only has it continued, it keeps getting earlier (until April), seems to me they created this issue themselves by not following the spirit of the rules. Lacrosse forced it 2 years ago and that should have been a warning. I bet before April, we will see a 7th grader commit. Can't be good for anyone. I remember the posts when Katie Burt committed.
                              It’s not just the coaches who are at fault, but also the people (KK, KP, etc) who make money off of the recruiting showcases and camps. They’re selling the D1 dream to middle schoolers and parents are happy to hand over the checkbook.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
                                It’s not just the coaches who are at fault, but also the people (KK, KP, etc) who make money off of the recruiting showcases and camps. They’re selling the D1 dream to middle schoolers and parents are happy to hand over the checkbook.
                                Very astute observation. Those "money grabbers" should be ashamed of themselves but they're too shallow to feel shame for living off the dreams of others and they have no ethics so it's not a surprise either unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X