X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    ... BC was coming in waves.
    That seems to be true of all BC games. You're the UW of the East; the scoreboard doesn't match the eye test.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I'm trying to wrap my head around the "turn off your eagle blind eyes" thing...
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        I'm trying to wrap my head around the "turn off your eagle blind eyes" thing...
        It's like stunned goats
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

It's like stunned goats
          I'm not sure anything can quite compare to stunned goats.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            I'm not sure anything can quite compare to stunned goats.
            It took 10 years but I think that might have finally been a positive contribution to the forum from me

Comment

It took 10 years but I think that might have finally been a positive contribution to the forum from me
              Don't sell yourself short. Your first offseason here (summer of 2007?) was the first time I remember widespread discussions of ice cream. Could there be a better summer topic? And we had you to thank.

Comment

You're the UW of the East; the scoreboard doesn't match the eye test.
                This comment fascinates me. Of the top teams, whose scoreboard DOES match the eye test? I'd say BC's scores from last year did match the eye test, but the competition was debatebly weaker.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Don't sell yourself short. Your first offseason here (summer of 2007?) was the first time I remember widespread discussions of ice cream. Could there be a better summer topic? And we had you to thank.
                  Ah, those were the days... BC threads would go 50 pages deep every year! Those were the days when we had a whopping 3 fans o.O

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    This could very well be true! But giving up a goal on an EAG and then giving up an OT winner is a pretty definitive definition of a choke.
                    It might only be a choke if the winning team had no reasonable explanation of success. Maybe you just thought they didn't. Then there is the possibility that the winning team just played the game of their lives, that wouldn't be a choke either.

Comment

It would be interesting to know what Crowley's message to the team on the bench was as they prepared for overtime. Whatever it was, it obviously didn't work. The overtime was so one-sided and so unlike any of the three periods in regulation. I was just wondered if the team purposely went into "D mode", looking to capitalize on a mistake (strategic), or if Northeastern simply came out more determined to take control and win it (emotional/mental).
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        It would be interesting to know what Crowley's message to the team on the bench was as they prepared for overtime. Whatever it was, it obviously didn't work. The overtime was so one-sided and so unlike any of the three periods in regulation. I was just wondered if the team purposely went into "D mode", looking to capitalize on a mistake (strategic), or if Northeastern simply came out more determined to take control and win it (emotional/mental).
                        Northeastern had ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of the momentum -- even more so than just from scoring the tying goal. They got a wild save from Frankel with 10 seconds left on the clock where Lonergan came in all alone and was denied. That probably sucked all the wind out of BC's sails and blew it straight into NU's.

Either way, NU came out fired up and BC didn't match the intensity at all.

Comment

You did, If I remember correctly, come up with the phrase "skating jesus" in a BCI article last year...
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Ah, those were the days... BC threads would go 50 pages deep every year! Those were the days when we had a whopping 3 fans o.O
                            Now, it's mostly just you, but the BC thread still has more posts than the threads for the Gophers or Badgers. If this was a dorm, I guess we'd all be hanging out in your room.

Comment

Now, it's mostly just you, but the BC thread still has more posts than the threads for the Gophers or Badgers. If this was a dorm, I guess we'd all be hanging out in your room.
                              Then again, if another poster was serving popcorn or pizza...

Of course if the main objective is informed Hockey talk, ARM's room would also get a good bit of traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                You did, If I remember correctly, come up with the phrase "skating jesus" in a BCI article last year...
                                I'm pretty sure that wasn't me lol

HA love it -- I'd say PARTY AT MY PLACE for Quinnipiac but BC isn't going to make it to Quinnipiac because we're actually bad. 1-0 BU after 1. Really crap period despite the shot totals.

Comment

Working...
                                X