Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

James Hinchcliffe misses the show...wow

Drivers say there will be a ton of passing between the top 3 but beyond that the slingshot affect is less significant?
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      James Hinchcliffe misses the show...wow

Drivers say there will be a ton of passing between the top 3 but beyond that the slingshot affect is less significant?
      Boy did that suck. Shocking to say the least.

This was my first Bump Day. Not a fan of it. I understand the tradition and all that and I am on board with that but lock the full-timers into the field. This is a double-points race and a driver 5th in the standings is now essentially done for the season. Huge implications as well for Leaders Circle money for Sam Schmidt. Yes they royally screwed the pooch. Rain really killed much of a window for bumping. Let the one-offs race to fill out the field. But at least guarantee entry to full-timers. I know people have interesting opinions about Pippa but she's amazing and it was brutal to see her miss out as well.

Anyway, feels like Chevy has an advantage this time around. Have to think Penske or ECR will be looking good next week. But.. anything can happen once pit windows open, yellow flags start flying, and backmarkers muddle the situation for guys in front. How about Fast Eddie laying down that pole like a boss?
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

This was my first Bump Day. Not a fan of it. I understand the tradition and all that and I am on board with that but lock the full-timers into the field. This is a double-points race and a driver 5th in the standings is now essentially done for the season. Huge implications as well for Leaders Circle money for Sam Schmidt. Yes they royally screwed the pooch. Rain really killed much of a window for bumping. Let the one-offs race to fill out the field. But at least guarantee entry to full-timers. I know people have interesting opinions about Pippa but she's amazing and it was brutal to see her miss out as well.
        No.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by russell jaslow View Post
          no.
          People really freak out about this stuff. It's been interesting to read up on.
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

People really freak out about this stuff. It's been interesting to read up on.
            There's nothing, really, to freak out about. Indy has a long history of drivers who can only afford to attempt that one race. And that sometimes comes at the expense of regular drivers. Given the stakes, there's more on the line for the one time driver vs. the regular one- as they have the rest of the season to make some money. And if they didn't go as fast as the 33rd fastest, when that's slower than over 10 one timers, well..., that sucks for you.

What I don't understand is the need for regulars to make it in at the expense of others. Just for the sake of making the show. That is part of the appeal of Indy.

Comment

Anyway, feels like Chevy has an advantage this time around. Have to think Penske or ECR will be looking good next week. But.. anything can happen once pit windows open, yellow flags start flying, and backmarkers muddle the situation for guys in front. How about Fast Eddie laying down that pole like a boss?
              Chevy has an edge with the qualifying boost but on race day they should be more evenly matched.

I feel bad for the mayor but his team made some bad calls, and why wasn’t he in line an hour earlier?

Pippa I don’t know that well other than she tries to run Indy once in a while. I feel bad but those are the breaks at INDY.

I’d look for Carpenter’s team to give Penske all they can handle on race day. Patrick will run top 10 all day if her car doesn’t fail her.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                There's nothing, really, to freak out about. Indy has a long history of drivers who can only afford to attempt that one race. And that sometimes comes at the expense of regular drivers. Given the stakes, there's more on the line for the one time driver vs. the regular one- as they have the rest of the season to make some money. And if they didn't go as fast as the 33rd fastest, when that's slower than over 10 one timers, well..., that sucks for you.

What I don't understand is the need for regulars to make it in at the expense of others. Just for the sake of making the show. That is part of the appeal of Indy.
                Hasn't it evolved to this point because without the 500 there is not a lot of money to be made and for all but the richest 2 or 3 teams missing the 500 can have a year long impact on the finances? I don't think this was an issue before the split. I would think that back in the days of packed houses at Milwaukee or Michigan for open wheel races, the ability for a great payday was not limited to one race a year. How much do teams really make from the races anywhere nowadays besides Indy?

I still like the traditional idea of the fastest 33 cars, no matter if 33 show up or 53. But the world of open wheel racing is so different now that it was a generation or more ago.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                  Hasn't it evolved to this point because without the 500 there is not a lot of money to be made and for all but the richest 2 or 3 teams missing the 500 can have a year long impact on the finances? I don't think this was an issue before the split. I would think that back in the days of packed houses at Milwaukee or Michigan for open wheel races, the ability for a great payday was not limited to one race a year. How much do teams really make from the races anywhere nowadays besides Indy?

I still like the traditional idea of the fastest 33 cars, no matter if 33 show up or 53. But the world of open wheel racing is so different now that it was a generation or more ago.
                  I don't know, other than the payout at Indy makes it worth while to just make the field. Which is why you see so many one timers out there. And that goes many decades back.

Hinch's team should have done a better job- it's not as if they are that bad, they just did a bad job Saturday, and they need to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    I don't know, other than the payout at Indy makes it worth while to just make the field. Which is why you see so many one timers out there. And that goes many decades back.

Hinch's team should have done a better job- it's not as if they are that bad, they just did a bad job Saturday, and they need to deal with that.
                    Not quite on the same level as the Penske failure in 1995 since both of his drivers missed, but I would not have bet on him being one of the 2 who were too slow to make it. They did seem to be caught off guard on pole day.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                      Not quite on the same level as the Penske failure in 1995 since both of his drivers missed, but I would not have bet on him being one of the 2 who were too slow to make it. They did seem to be caught off guard on pole day.
                      And Wickens hit the wall yesterday and wrote off the car, which mean He'll be in a new car with almost no sorting. Don't look for him at the front.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

It's interesting to me that they really don't get a ton of time after qualifying in race trim. Just a few hours Monday and then Carb Day. This time last year I was prepping to drive 14 hours to Indy. What a trip that was. My kid talks about it every single week.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVp9hKAY6sE
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Back in the day Mears, Emmo and Sullivan never made unforced errors like these guys are, especially Power.

Grosjean has totally lost his mind.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw5OoVXeJbU
                            Last edited by Berkshire BU Fan; 05-26-2018, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Lots of empty seats at Indy...yikes

Comment

Will Power wins at Indy.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X