Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

I thought the indy this week was decent. The fastest guy won, it's too bad it had to be on a monday. Those guys did a great job preparing that car. It was killer!.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

This Baku race is interesting for a circuit where you can both pass and there's a very high chance for a SC.

Comment

Why does F1 allow drivers to move defensively on straights? They could have killed Webber in 2010 and now Verstappen pulls the boneheaded move. Schumacher did this continually throughout his career. It’s dangerous and should be penalized each time.

INDYCAR has this nailed
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

They generally don't allow double moves. I'm sure that incident will be reviewed, but I bet that the penalty is a time delay, which is moot since both cars crashed out.

Fun to see Vettel out brake himself off the podium. Terrible to see Bottas hit debris and throw a win away. And interesting to see that the only truly happy podium person was 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            Why does F1 allow drivers to move defensively on straights? They could have killed Webber in 2010 and now Verstappen pulls the boneheaded move. Schumacher did this continually throughout his career. It’s dangerous and should be penalized each time.

INDYCAR has this nailed
            Technically, they don't. But when was the last time the FIA followed their own rules...?

Vettel and Raikkonen complained about Verstappen doing this the last two years, and the FIA did nothing. The FIA gave both drivers "reprimands" this time around. Big whoop. I suspect they did that because they were teammates and figured Red Bull would deal with it internally. However, no doubt Verstappen was in the wrong and should have gotten points on his license, which would have put him very close to an automatic suspension. The question is, will he ever get it?
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              Technically, they don't. But when was the last time the FIA followed their own rules...?

Vettel and Raikkonen complained about Verstappen doing this the last two years, and the FIA did nothing. The FIA gave both drivers "reprimands" this time around. Big whoop. I suspect they did that because they were teammates and figured Red Bull would deal with it internally. However, no doubt Verstappen was in the wrong and should have gotten points on his license, which would have put him very close to an automatic suspension. The question is, will he ever get it?
              I think it's questionable if he ever gets it. The only way might be to get someone hurt.
              I'm not a fan of his and have never been. I gave him the benefit of the doubt last year, but it's past that stage by a long shot.. You have to wonder if he will be employed next season.

in other news, I'm down to three cars in my quest for a new one. I've visited one and have two more to visit this coming week. Decision in about two weeks. Also we are considering re-visiting the Roadhog project for next year. It would have to run in Post Club Ford, but I could use the track time. If anyone is in the mood there is a super nice LeGrand mk 21 in San Francisco on the market and it has won 8 of the last 9 it entered.

Comment

Nooz from F1

https://www.sportsnet.ca/auto-racing...taking-racing/
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/43977991

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    My cousin already has a bed reserved for me. :-)
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Robert Wickens is a kick *** driver. I hope he’s rewarded with a couple of wins this year.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

What goes around comes around. Ferrari used a VSC to lose a 2nd place finish.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          What goes around comes around. Ferrari used a VSC to lose a 2nd place finish.
                          Hamilton totally dominant and no one out there seems to be gaining. Might be the same show in Monaco.
                          I don't know if you saw it, but Ericksson did the same thing this week that Verstappen did last week. No one said anything as there was no wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            Hamilton totally dominant and no one out there seems to be gaining. Might be the same show in Monaco.
                            I don't know if you saw it, but Ericksson did the same thing this week that Verstappen did last week. No one said anything as there was no wreck.
                            I think I know the pass you are talking about- Marcus didn't go ALL the way in front of whoever he was passing, but no question it was a double move. Unless they really think that the inside driver gets the track all the way out to the normal line- which is kind of dumb.

Even with that stupid move, it's safe to say that Sauber is out performing their expectations by a long way. Which is pretty nice to see, as they are doing a handful of aero things other teams are not.

Comment

I think I know the pass you are talking about- Marcus didn't go ALL the way in front of whoever he was passing, but no question it was a double move. Unless they really think that the inside driver gets the track all the way out to the normal line- which is kind of dumb.

Even with that stupid move, it's safe to say that Sauber is out performing their expectations by a long way. Which is pretty nice to see, as they are doing a handful of aero things other teams are not.
                              It's the best and most interesting F1 season in years!

A guy i know yesterday was run head on into a bridge abutment in a FC by a guy trying to jump the start on the pace lap. He survived with only a broken leg, but the car is a write off.

Comment

The commentators were very explicit that Ericsson didn't do anything wrong. Here is the reasoning they gave -- they claim you can make a move under braking back towards the line as long as you leave one car width between you and the edge of the track (I may not agree with that rule, but if it does exist, then he did nothing wrong). Ericsson clearly left one car width (something Verstappen never did against Ricciardo). And in fact, the other driver did take that space as he tried to pass around the outside.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X