Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Based on the wreck that Takuma Sato just caused, and how he caused it- dude, I think your time is over. That was a horrible move that was lucky to not hurt more people really badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      Based on the wreck that Takuma Sato just caused, and how he caused it- dude, I think your time is over. That was a horrible move that was lucky to not hurt more people really badly.
      Sato has really done some dumb things in his career and honestly today highlights two big problems for indycar:

1. They still have drivers who race with no respect towards other and those drivers must be weeded out stat.
      2. The only oval over 1 mike they should race on is INDY. Pocono sucks, has no crowd and more important it’s incredibly dangerous with today’s fields that don’t string out like they did in the 60’s-80’s
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        Sato has really done some dumb things in his career and honestly today highlights two big problems for indycar:

1. They still have drivers who race with no respect towards other and those drivers must be weeded out stat.
        2. The only oval over 1 mike they should race on is INDY. Pocono sucks, has no crowd and more important it’s incredibly dangerous with today’s fields that don’t string out like they did in the 60’s-80’s
        The way I saw it was that the cars were stringing out, but the passing was so hard sometimes that it really restricted how far apart they could really get. Other than the one accident, it was a cleanly driven race (for the most part).

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          The way I saw it was that the cars were stringing out, but the passing was so hard sometimes that it really restricted how far apart they could really get. Other than the one accident, it was a cleanly driven race (for the most part).
          I agree with that and I want to add. That track has to do something to make it safer in a wreck. the way the fences are constructed means that drivers can get hurt easily by impacting the posts holding it. That is my number one issue. There was a Formula C driver killed at the Kink last year at RA and it took about 3 nanoseconds for the track to add safety barriers to the corner.
          Maybe Sato's team can volunteer to pay for the repairs to other people's cars? (Tongue in cheek there.)

Did you see where Russell is getting hate mail from Kubica fans? For what? And Kubica hasn't been all that good with the press just BTW..

I am rooting for him, and I think he is bringing benefits to the table, but his fans need to relax.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

People are odd- why in the world would it be George Russel's fault that Kubica has his job threatened? Robert is the one driving, and if you listen to the two of them, they are very, very, very far from playing head games with each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              I agree with that and I want to add. That track has to do something to make it safer in a wreck. the way the fences are constructed means that drivers can get hurt easily by impacting the posts holding it. That is my number one issue. There was a Formula C driver killed at the Kink last year at RA and it took about 3 nanoseconds for the track to add safety barriers to the corner.
              Maybe Sato's team can volunteer to pay for the repairs to other people's cars? (Tongue in cheek there.)

Did you see where Russell is getting hate mail from Kubica fans? For what? And Kubica hasn't been all that good with the press just BTW..

I am rooting for him, and I think he is bringing benefits to the table, but his fans need to relax.
              Indycar has outgrown pocono in terms of speed and the lack of safety upgrades.

Wickens and others tweeted about the safety of the track so I think it’s gone.

Dixon may be the most old school of the bunch his comments reminded me of Michael Andretti or Al Unser Jr.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                The Polish fans are insane. And I don't mean in a good way. Seriously.

Joe Saward, one of the top F1 journalist of all time, was getting death threats last year for suggesting that Kubica was not the best choice for Williams.

There are all kinds of social media sites where Polish fans are passing around all sorts of conspiracy theories on the reasons why their driver is not doing well which includes favoritism towards Russell. Thus, the hate mail.

I'm telling you, if you read some of this stuff, you would have thought you found your way into the worst of Bannon level rhetoric.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  The Polish fans are insane. And I don't mean in a good way. Seriously.
                  For Eastern Europeans (I say this as an Eastern European), sports are an excuse for a white nationalist parade.

Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Back from Pocono. Gdm Sato. This race needed to be saved and he threw it all out the window. Aszclown driver. The crowd was good, 25K-30K. Best I've seen there in 5 years. Incrementally increasing yoy for 5 years according to track president. And with NASCAR pulling one weekend off the schedule I wonder if less market saturation and more marketing could have grown this more but I think it's done for a while.

I don't really know what else to add. It was a weird weekend entirely. From the good(ish) weather for Practice 1 that never happened because the medical helicopter wasn't there and couldn't get there because of cloud cover before the rain, to the rain changing the schedule completely for the weekend and eliminating qualifying, to the Sunday mess with Sato delaying the race and then more weather and a rain shortened race. As a paying customer I expected 2 hours of practice in total (split), a race, and a qualifying. I got 2 hours of practice (yay) no qualifying and basically half a race. Not good. They need to add a rookie practice back on like they had my first year there four years ago and then consider adding a 3rd day for possible weather delays. And some supporting series of some sort if you can get it. I think cancelling qualifying was a good thing actually because that 2 hour practice allowed them to focus only on race trim which is what they needed practice with. Obviously Sato needed more help or doesn't belong out there.

Dixon, Pagenaud, Power are right on the money... Pocono gets a bad rap and is no more dangerous than any other place.

I really wish Wickens would have not tweeted everything out like he did. And also Sage Karam, whom I've defended tirelessly, really also needs to just literally get off the internet with the few remaining brain cells he has. He's not bright and he's not growing out of the Teen-Angst-On-The-Internet-I-Don't-Wanna-Live-Anymore phase he has been in forever.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

So some big changes coming to the driver line up at F1. Hulkenberg out, Ocon in, Bottas resigned. I'm guessing some more before the end of the year as well. Renault is grasping at straws if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        So some big changes coming to the driver line up at F1. Hulkenberg out, Ocon in, Bottas resigned. I'm guessing some more before the end of the year as well. Renault is grasping at straws if you ask me.
                        What are you talking about? None of this is being reported anywhere.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

What are you talking about? None of this is being reported anywhere.
                          The Ocon-Hulk reports have been going around for a while- since Renault really wants a French driver. Bottas on the other hand..

Apparently there are supposed to be a lot of announcements tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            The Ocon-Hulk reports have been going around for a while- since Renault really wants a French driver. Bottas on the other hand..

Apparently there are supposed to be a lot of announcements tomorrow.
                            The way he wrote that was past tense, as if it all already happened and will be active starting at Spa. He even said he expected more to happen, so it was a confusing post.

And everything I've been reading has Mercedes keeping Bottas as their announcement tomorrow. Which of course lends credence to the Ocon replacing Hulkenberg rumor. I did read, if this happens the Hulk ends up at Haas and Grosjean goes to FE. But, any of these moves won't happen till next year.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

The way he wrote that was past tense, as if it all already happened and will be active starting at Spa. He even said he expected more to happen, so it was a confusing post.

And everything I've been reading has Mercedes keeping Bottas as their announcement tomorrow. Which of course lends credence to the Ocon replacing Hulkenberg rumor. I did read, if this happens the Hulk ends up at Haas and Grosjean goes to FE. But, any of these moves won't happen till next year.
                              I'm sorry if it was confusing. I was in a hurry. Yes it is rumors but pretty good rumors. Most of it is done already but just hans't been announced. Ocon changed his twitter handle to F1 driver from Test driver a few days ago. I have a media connection in Holland who gave me all this. He could certainly be wrong.

Comment

So Mercedes has announced that Bottas is staying for 2020- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7_...nkVXzrV4AaABCQ

Comment

Working...
                                X