Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    Did you notice that in those clips the drivers' head were essentially the same height as the top of the roll bar. ?

There has been many changes since then, but at least safety has improved and not so many guys get killed.
    Or the track fencing. Or the helmets.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

The Captain is chasing Rossi.

If he goes to Penske that would be awful for INDYCAR.

Although, I would assume Andretti would move Colton Herta over and possibly look at Pato O’ward.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        The Captain is chasing Rossi.

If he goes to Penske that would be awful for INDYCAR.

Although, I would assume Andretti would move Colton Herta over and possibly look at Pato O’ward.
        Who would Penske push aside? I'll be surprised if he changed his mind about adding another car. And once Pagenaud won Indy, his ride is safe.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          Who would Penske push aside? I'll be surprised if he changed his mind about adding another car. And once Pagenaud won Indy, his ride is safe.
          He wouldn’t push anyone out. It’s Cindric that doesn’t Want 4 cars but the Captain covets Rossi. Hopefully he stays with Andretti but Penske’s $ is huge.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

This Rossi stuff is going to be interesting.

Would be terrible for both Indycar and Andretti Autosport to lose him to Penske. With Rossi in his prime AA has inserted itself into the Penske/Chip battle. Which has been great for Indycar.

Speaking of Chip, he wants him too but we'll see how that goes. NAPA is going to have a say in things as well and Honda... you wonder if that helps get Chip into the conversation given the Penske relationship with Chevy. Meanwhile, Dixon is aging. Rosenquist has had an interesting year with some solid wreckage which Chip hates. Rossi could breathe life into CGR for a good while. Penske isn't going anywhere with Newgarden in that stable for a long time.

There's a lot of talent in the series but true elite young talent that is can't-miss... it's few and far between for now. Newgard and Rossi. 3 teams. One will be left out. Absolutely cannot have Roger own both. Herta looking like he can and will be in that category but I'm not comfortable putting him there yet (and my God do I hate everything about this Harding/Steinbrenner team).
            Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 06-25-2019, 03:00 PM.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              This Rossi stuff is going to be interesting.

Would be terrible for both Indycar and Andretti Autosport to lose him to Penske. With Rossi in his prime AA has inserted itself into the Penske/Chip battle. Which has been great for Indycar.

Speaking of Chip, he wants him too but we'll see how that goes. NAPA is going to have a say in things as well and Honda... you wonder if that helps get Chip into the conversation given the Penske relationship with Chevy. Meanwhile, Dixon is aging. Rosenquist has had an interesting year with some solid wreckage which Chip hates. Rossi could breathe life into CGR for a good while. Penske isn't going anywhere with Newgarden in that stable for a long time.

There's a lot of talent in the series but true elite young talent that is can't-miss... it's few and far between for now. Newgard and Rossi. 3 teams. One will be left out. Absolutely cannot have Roger own both. Herta looking like he can and will be in that category but I'm not comfortable putting him there yet (and my God do I hate everything about this Harding/Steinbrenner team).
              I'd agree on the Harding team. I think O'ward will be gone to Red Bull in a few weeks. The Chevy has more HP than the Honda at this point but if things change we could see a lot of the political landscape change as well. Honda might be willing to put morre resources towards upgrades and some other teams might end up with more money for engineering.

Speaking of F1, how do you make overtaking easier without reducing downforce drastically. And how do you reduce downforce drastically without major changes to the Formula.?
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Pretty unhappy with Max getting no penalty today. He was the fastest, he would have won regardless, but he did not need to purposefully run Leclerc off the road. It;s just that max seems to think that since it's him he can do it, and the FIA lets him. Then if someone does it back to him as happened last year, he ends up in a shouting/shoving match in some one's garage.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  Pretty unhappy with Max getting no penalty today. He was the fastest, he would have won regardless, but he did not need to purposefully run Leclerc off the road. It;s just that max seems to think that since it's him he can do it, and the FIA lets him. Then if someone does it back to him as happened last year, he ends up in a shouting/shoving match in some one's garage.
                  If they took that win away from Max, there would have been mass riots. Mass. Riots. (Have you seen Dutch fans at soccer games? LOL)

They have taken podium spots away from Max before. COTA. Monaco. It's not like he's totally immune.

I'm mixed about whether he should have gotten a penalty. I like what one of the commentators said. At a certain point, the driver getting passed had to acknowledge he lost the corner. And it appeared Leclerc acknowledged he lost the corner before he got hit.
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                    If they took that win away from Max, there would have been mass riots. Mass. Riots. (Have you seen Dutch fans at soccer games? LOL)

They have taken podium spots away from Max before. COTA. Monaco. It's not like he's totally immune.

I'm mixed about whether he should have gotten a penalty. I like what one of the commentators said. At a certain point, the driver getting passed had to acknowledge he lost the corner. And it appeared Leclerc acknowledged he lost the corner before he got hit.
                    Yes I know, but Erickson was also commenting and he said that max could and should have left room. The only reason he went off the left side of the road there was to push Leclerc off. I would have done what the stewards did but I'm not happy about it and I don't think they are either. it makes it a lot harder to punish anyone else who does that. Why else would it take 3 hours to decide.

Comment

Modern day F1 couldn’t handle Senna if this move by Max caused them so much consternation.

I think it was good tough racing. I also think Vettel (who I don’t care for at all) should not have been penalized at the prior race.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        Yes I know, but Erickson was also commenting and he said that max could and should have left room. The only reason he went off the left side of the road there was to push Leclerc off. I would have done what the stewards did but I'm not happy about it and I don't think they are either. it makes it a lot harder to punish anyone else who does that. Why else would it take 3 hours to decide.
                        This is why: https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/23482

They were calling in witnesses for statements this time, and they had to wait till all the post-race responsibilities were completed.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

I agree with letting the result stand. Verstappen had his steering all the way to the right and did not make any move to release the tension to drift wide. It isn't, and shouldn't be, a penalty every time two cars touch. Vettel's penalty previously was also crap.

Even the Ferrari principal admitted that the incident should not have been a penalty, although current rules allow it to be considered for such. The rules need to be clarified and reworded.
                          Scott Biggar
                          WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
                          Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

https://youtu.be/mOdQqiK1saU

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
                              I agree with letting the result stand. Verstappen had his steering all the way to the right and did not make any move to release the tension to drift wide. It isn't, and shouldn't be, a penalty every time two cars touch. Vettel's penalty previously was also crap.

Even the Ferrari principal admitted that the incident should not have been a penalty, although current rules allow it to be considered for such. The rules need to be clarified and reworded.
                              I don't know where this narrative that max is at full lock comes from because he is obviously not. Second if he was ,the car would spin. You can spin the car any time by jerking the wheel. In addition If you watch the video, he UNwinds the wheel as he gets into the turn so as to reduce leclerc's space, and his turn in ( at least in the US) is illegal. You can do as he does entering, but you cannot legally go so deep, you have to turn in so as to be on the normal line, which he did not do.
                              So I would have let the results stand but honestly, he deserves a good yelling at.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=now3s1SM1_o
                              Last edited by manurespreader; 07-06-2019, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Not sure if anyone has followed the circus side show going on in F1. Rich Energy abruptly terminated sponsorship. In a tweet. Then the rest of the BOD tried to take it back. Now Haas is asking WT....?

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/the...-even-weirder/

In the mean time, it appears that RE is in big trouble with a bike company.

Comment

Working...
                                X