Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

This aeroscreen will be a game changer for INDYCAR I think.
    https://www.indycar.com/News/2019/05...l-announcement

There certainly will be more crossover interest I think.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Reminds me of some of the 70’s Indy cars.

Comment

Monaco thru the ages thru the lens of McLaren

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/herit...naco-memories/
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

To call the Ferrari braintrust imbeciles would actually be a compliment. That’s how bad it’s gotten.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            To call the Ferrari braintrust imbeciles would actually be a compliment. That’s how bad it’s gotten.
            It sure would be and for Ferrari to lecture journalists about strategy at a meeting called for the purpose! insane.

Also, Alfa is coming apart as well. I wonder what the deal is there.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Makes you think it’s possible for Williams to pass Alfa by the end of the season.

Comment

I don't care who you are or what your background is, when you spin a car coming in to the pits, the owner will be unhappy about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  I don't care who you are or what your background is, when you spin a car coming in to the pits, the owner will be unhappy about it.
                  Probably Helio’s last INDYCAR race.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    Probably Helio’s last INDYCAR race.
                    Helio has had his fair share of brainfarts but this situation was all on James Davison missing his pit box and going well below pit speed limit.

The one-offs and rookies continue to ruin the Indy 500 for the veterans. Ericsson's lock up and crash into the pits causing the yellow flag totally ruined an absolutely brilliant fuel run by Dixon. He absolutely would have been a factor in the end (Rahal/Bourdais incident probably would have not happened) and now he's 40+ points out of the championship lead.

It was an amazing few seconds that flipped this race, as Rossi had his massive problem in the pits and opened the door for Dixon's strategy to work, and then seconds later Ericsson barfed at pit-in and it was game over for Dixon, getting caught out on the yellow and then being behind the Rahal/Bourdais incident and getting damage which sent him further back.

The pit issues in this race for many drivers were quite frankly unbelievable. Will Power had a terrific mess on his hands as well, hitting one of his crew and running over a hose.

Jay Howard almost killed Dixon two years ago. Ericsson (rookie) made a mess of the race this year. Davison also a factor this year. Oriol Servia blocking Rossi a lap down. Are you kidding me? How will Indycar address these issues in future 500s before someone gets killed? I know some one-offs do well (Daly!) and some veterans also get into trouble to be fair but... it does seem there is an issue that needs to be addressed here.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      Helio has had his fair share of brainfarts but this situation was all on James Davison missing his pit box and going well below pit speed limit.

The one-offs and rookies continue to ruin the Indy 500 for the veterans. Ericsson's lock up and crash into the pits causing the yellow flag totally ruined an absolutely brilliant fuel run by Dixon. He absolutely would have been a factor in the end (Rahal/Bourdais incident probably would have not happened) and now he's 40+ points out of the championship lead.

It was an amazing few seconds that flipped this race, as Rossi had his massive problem in the pits and opened the door for Dixon's strategy to work, and then seconds later Ericsson barfed at pit-in and it was game over for Dixon, getting caught out on the yellow and then being behind the Rahal/Bourdais incident and getting damage which sent him further back.

The pit issues in this race for many drivers were quite frankly unbelievable. Will Power had a terrific mess on his hands as well, hitting one of his crew and running over a hose.

Jay Howard almost killed Dixon two years ago. Ericsson (rookie) made a mess of the race this year. Davison also a factor this year. Oriol Servia blocking Rossi a lap down. Are you kidding me? How will Indycar address these issues in future 500s before someone gets killed? I know some one-offs do well (Daly!) and some veterans also get into trouble to be fair but... it does seem there is an issue that needs to be addressed here.
                      Yes, the inexperienced drivers or just plain bad drivers will end up killing someone.
                      I believe that’s What led to Wheldon’s accident. Too many newbies or **** drivers in front of him.

And speaking of the danger, I think Indy needs to mandate drivers stop heading toward the inside of the pit wall on the front straight. That’s a disaster waiting to happen where a car flips up over the pit wall and fatally injured njures several people.

Comment

I know the subject isn't open wheel racing, but I suspect that this movie will be welcomed by this thread...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkUEjI2dB7g

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          I know the subject isn't open wheel racing, but I suspect that this movie will be welcomed by this thread...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkUEjI2dB7g
                          looks good! I've been quite some time in Italy and on my facebook feed the trailer is coming across in Italian.
                          also watch for " the art of racing in the rain", The book is worth a read.

also:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umepZpAPN4
                          Last edited by manurespreader; 06-03-2019, 06:27 PM.

Comment

A simpler time with legends behind the wheel under dangerous conditions

https://youtu.be/V6cm3eWEHM0
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Did you notice that in those clips the drivers' head were essentially the same height as the top of the roll bar. ?

There has been many changes since then, but at least safety has improved and not so many guys get killed.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Those cars are so gorgeous.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X