Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    More like smart.

Their F1 team is in shambles, and they want to divert resources to Indy car? I don't think so. Fix your number one business before you waste time and energy on something else.
    It's going to take some time to do that, especially with Alonso leaving.
    Yesterdays race was pretty good.! I'm not sure LS should be signed to anyone's team for next year though, he really struggles. I can see Renault being right in there next year and Sauber and Toro Rosso, so next year should be a lot better from a competitive point of view.
    BTW, Hamilton's interview afterward was quite interesting. I believe Wickens is really coming around health wise.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      It's going to take some time to do that, especially with Alonso leaving.
      Yesterdays race was pretty good.! I'm not sure LS should be signed to anyone's team for next year though, he really struggles. I can see Renault being right in there next year and Sauber and Toro Rosso, so next year should be a lot better from a competitive point of view.
      BTW, Hamilton's interview afterward was quite interesting. I believe Wickens is really coming around health wise.
      Good thing his dad bought him a very expensive seat...

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Good thing his dad bought him a very expensive seat...
        Indeed. His interview pretty much confirmed him moving. BTW there was not exactly a full house in Austin this last weekend.

Comment

Indeed. His interview pretty much confirmed him moving. BTW there was not exactly a full house in Austin this last weekend.
          The grandstands looked pretty full on Sunday.

I know someone who went, and he said though it certainly wasn't like the first year, it was a good sustainable crowd on Sunday.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Sad

@timhauraney: Breaking: Zak Brown chief Executive of McLaren has said that @McLarenAuto has made the decision NOT to compete in a full #IndyCar season in 2019, they feel they are not ready for it, although no decision has been made on the #Indy500 in 2019. https://***********/timhauraney/stat...346496/photo/1
            Sounds like there is more to this story that just a simple announcement. Autosport has a new vlog up that points out that Fernando's "GP2 Engine" comments of Honda have come back to bite him. Honda will not supply him with an engine, anywhere, so that rules out much of the Indycar field, most notably Andretti. And it also sounds like other teams are hesitant to give him the seat, too- especially when there are many other drivers out there who can bring real money to the teams.

Comment

Sounds like there is more to this story that just a simple announcement. Autosport has a new vlog up that points out that Fernando's "GP2 Engine" comments of Honda have come back to bite him. Honda will not supply him with an engine, anywhere, so that rules out much of the Indycar field, most notably Andretti. And it also sounds like other teams are hesitant to give him the seat, too- especially when there are many other drivers out there who can bring real money to the teams.
              The Honda bridge burning has been talked about all year. Which is why there were rumors that Andretti was going to setup a satellite team with Chevy engines. Not to mention that Alonso drives for Toyota in WEC, which could actually be a bigger obstacle in Honda's minds. Toyota vs. Honda in Japan is like Ford vs. Chevy in the USA.

Quite frankly, I've never had any sympathy for Alonso. Great driver. Missed potential despite two WDCs. Not since Prost (who did it a lot better to much better effect), there has never been such a political driver as Alonso. And it has bit him in the *ss more often than not, and essentially imploded his career. That delayed pit stop in qualifying while at McLaren when he was totally incapable of dealing with Hamilton's pressure was the beginning of the end for him. He made his bed.
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                The Honda bridge burning has been talked about all year. Which is why there were rumors that Andretti was going to setup a satellite team with Chevy engines. Not to mention that Alonso drives for Toyota in WEC, which could actually be a bigger obstacle in Honda's minds. Toyota vs. Honda in Japan is like Ford vs. Chevy in the USA.

Quite frankly, I've never had any sympathy for Alonso. Great driver. Missed potential despite two WDCs. Not since Prost (who did it a lot better to much better effect), there has never been such a political driver as Alonso. And it has bit him in the *ss more often than not, and essentially imploded his career. That delayed pit stop in qualifying while at McLaren when he was totally incapable of dealing with Hamilton's pressure was the beginning of the end for him. He made his bed.
                Yep totally true. I would have said he was high Maintenance. Real high. Like being married to Sophia Loren!
                I'm not really sure how much of my car struggles/searches in Formula cars I should share but i'm willing to tell my tale if there is interest. Otherwise i'll just keep it to commenting on F1 and indycar.

Comment

I believe Wickens is really coming around health wise.
                  IDK... upper body yes. This latest video and his clarification of his lower extremities was extremely sobering for me. I hope he can regain control of his legs some day.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Max wins a race, Lewis wins a World Championship, all while everyone struggled with tires- some a LOT more than others (Mercedes).

I was hoping the top 6 would be a lot closer than that, especially Daniel finishing. That really sucked for him. In terms of the gaps, it was a really old school race....

Comment

Max wins a race, Lewis wins a World Championship, all while everyone struggled with tires- some a LOT more than others (Mercedes).

I was hoping the top 6 would be a lot closer than that, especially Daniel finishing. That really sucked for him. In terms of the gaps, it was a really old school race....
                      I believe only top 5 on the same lap at the finish. That says a lot.

Comment

And Lewis was one straight from being lapped, too....

Comment

And then after Bottas, everybody was lapped twice.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Marcus Ericsson to spm. Interesting!
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              Marcus Ericsson to spm. Interesting!
                              I guess he still has Swedish money behind him...
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Alonso ride swap with Jimmie Johnson. Yawn. Who cares about this?

Johnson can’t hold a candle to Dale Sr., and doesn’t have the guts to race the 500.
                                Alonso is a narcissist who hasn’t done squat in years.
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X