Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I think it is interesting to compare the different technologies and look at how the cars perform differently like the braking points, the speed through and acceleration points thru the corners. The top speed is also a point of interest and even look at the acceleration and deceleration rates. I would also be curious about the drag numbers between the 2.
    It's interesting, sure. But earth shattering and some how a threat to either series that the cars can be directly compared to each other? The two series are so totally different that a comparison is more an academic thing than some meaningful grade of the two series.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      It's interesting, sure. But earth shattering and some how a threat to either series that the cars can be directly compared to each other? The two series are so totally different that a comparison is more an academic thing than some meaningful grade of the two series.
      It's all going to be moot, because they are talking about using a different configuration for Indy car. So much so, that COTA is even thinking of adding a new section just to give Indy car a different layout.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        It's all going to be moot, because they are talking about using a different configuration for Indy car. So much so, that COTA is even thinking of adding a new section just to give Indy car a different layout.
        Personally I like this so we don't have to deal with the comparing of lap times.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I love Raikkonen, he is so funny! You can hear the press laughing in the background. "Are you going to help Vettel win the championship",......" I can only drive one car."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzJicWmy8dA
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Personally I like this so we don't have to deal with the comparing of lap times.
            And after all that, Indy car says they will race the same configuration as F1.

My attitude is, who cares about the lap times? We all know F1, due to various technical reasons, will be faster than an Indy car. So what. Enjoy whatever race you want to watch, and leave it at that. Like you said, we shouldn't have to deal with the comparison.

I can't remember anyone making a big deal over the lap times of the WEC and IMSA when they both ran at COTA. Even when they were there on the same weekend. People watched each race and enjoyed them for what they were.

Speaking of IMSA, has anyone ever done Sebring? I'm seriously thinking of going since it's now a doubleheader with WEC. Of course, I have no idea where to stay since all rooms within an hour drive of the track have been sold out since the day after this past year's race. But other than that, any tips for attending that weekend?
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

How can I follow online? I don't have cable...
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

For indycar they have video highlights an hour or so after the race and qualifying. They also show the entire race on their web site the next day.
                For F1 you can buy the video feed live or you can use the feeds of others. F1 word is a good site, they have a youtube channel, F1 has it's own, which is pretty good, there is a live animated version of the race on line, you can tune in via tune in radio to BBC 5 and listen to the race sometimes, not every time, the BBC on twitter has live chat as the race goes by which is what I usually use( that way if I'm at a track somewhere I can still follow) and you can go to the twitter feed of both F1 and the BBc and find good stuff.
                Otherwise, for other open wheel series, Racer magazine is pretty good but you have to subscribe.

Open wheel racing is amazingly diverse and vibrant and there are too many Formula if you ask me. Each of which has a following and each of which is monstrosuly expensive, Even FVee.
                Last edited by manurespreader; 09-14-2018, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  For indycar they have video highlights an hour or so after the race and qualifying. They also show the entire race on their web site the next day.
                  For F1 you can buy the video feed live or you can use the feeds of others. F1 word is a good site, they have a youtube channel, F1 has it's own, which is pretty good, there is a live animated version of the race on line, you can tune in via tune in radio to BBC 5 and listen to the race sometimes, not every time, the BBC on twitter has live chat as the race goes by which is what I usually use( that way if I'm at a track somewhere I can still follow) and you can go to the twitter feed of both F1 and the BBc and find good stuff.
                  Otherwise, for other open wheel series, Racer magazine is pretty good but you have to subscribe.

Open wheel racing is amazingly diverse and vibrant and there are too many Formula if you ask me. Each of which has a following and each of which is monstrosuly expensive, Even FVee.
                  Thanks! Much like everything else, once I knew what I was watching, and what to watch for, it became so much more enjoyable.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Dixon. GOAT?

So sad this season is over though. Should be interesting to see all the seats get filled. Not sure what this nonsense is between Andretti and Harding (Honda and Chevy) but I don't like it. They got Pato O'Ward a terrific car from Andretti apparently? Gave Chaves garbage all season long until they threw him out like trash to cash in on checks from other drivers.
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      Dixon. GOAT?

So sad this season is over though. Should be interesting to see all the seats get filled. Not sure what this nonsense is between Andretti and Harding (Honda and Chevy) but I don't like it. They got Pato O'Ward a terrific car from Andretti apparently? Gave Chaves garbage all season long until they threw him out like trash to cash in on checks from other drivers.
                      Dixon certainly needs to be in the conversation of GOAT. In the era he’s raced in there haven’t been years where one or maybe two guys dominate a season like Michael did or Al Jr. Mario, A.J. Etc would win races by an entire lap or more at times. So with the era of parity Dixon has what 42 wins? That’s absolutely astounding work.

Gotta say O’Ward is the real deal. He showed much better than Herta.

Also, Rossi is going to be a great driver for a long long time. I was skeptical at first but this season erased those doubts.

Finally, Robert Wickens released a video. He wants to race again someday. I just hope he can walk out of the hospital on his own. Anything beyond that is amazing.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I saw the Wickens video and I was glad to see him move his hands. I'm crossing my fingers on his full recovery.
                        I liked that Hunter Reay dedicated the race to him. in F1, Perez should get some serious penalty for his antics. I'm sure he was real upset but honestly, that's what happens at tracks like that. Get over it.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGjfGNeurzg.

I'm afraid I can't help you on the Sebring issue but i'll ask around, good chance I'll be going there in February myself.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          Gotta say O’Ward is the real deal. He showed much better than Herta.
                          I honestly was somewhat out of commission for big parts of the weekend up until the race started. Did they have similar cars or did Herta get the 88 junk box that Gabby Chaves and others have had all season. I do believe that 8 car was basically Andretti's car and at least had Andretti dampers. If that is the case, tough to compare. That being said, even being given a good car, the performance from O'Ward was sensational.

It's crazy how much Gabby Chaves got screwed by Harding. What a mess of a team. Apparently they fired all sorts of people midway through the season to shed some $500K in salaries. Then around the same time starting letting people buy the 88 ride away from Chaves who was going to get paid either way. Now they may be a junior Andretti team of some sort in the future. Odd.

Comment

Harding Steinbrenner racing eh? Great for O’Ward and Herta and great for INDYCAR. No announcement from Alonso until November. No clue what that means really. I doubt McLaren is coming next year.

I was hoping Fred would come over full-time but who know? Maybe he’ll just do a one-off here and there.

I feel bad for Sage Karen and Matthew Brabham. I thought those guys were the future at one point.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Great news! Wickens appeared to be working his legs on a bike type machine at the hospital! 😀

Woot!

Comment

Stoffel Vandoorne has been offered an indy ride for Dale Coyne racing in 2019.

Wickens looked quite good considering.

Comment

Working...
                                X