Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    I agree. Increase the height by 3-4 feet for safer barriers.

INDYCAR is working on a windscreen device for the cockpit. They’ve been testing it for over a year and it’s due on the car next season. I know Newgarden and Dixon have tested it.
    Yes but the device hasn't gone anywhere in 6 months.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Todays Italian GP; one of the best races of the year. I wasn't a fan of the result but the race was very good.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Todays Italian GP; one of the best races of the year. I wasn't a fan of the result but the race was very good.
        Kimi vs Hamilton and Vettel coming back from a first lap spin-out to finish fourth were both awesome.
        https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
        https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
        NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
        Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

It would have been nice had Hartley not had that bad of an accident, as that would have put Vettel even farther back, and far less likely to make up so much...

The passing between Hamilton and Raikkonen was great.

I still need to see Max's reaction to seeing his penalty- that BS about not accepting the penalty cost him 4th- he may have been able to draft a few seconds of time from Seb had he let Bottas by.

Comment

VanDoorne out at McLaren and Norris in from F2. Sainz will be the other driver. I'm not sure this is a good move to be honest, but it does give some clarity to who is where. Ocon being the one to watch now. Possibly it will be a swap with Force India for Stroll, which would be good for Williams.

Comment

So COTA is on the schedule for INDYCAR, interesting.

Also Alonso testing this week with Andretti.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Alonso seemed quite happy in Alabama yesterday. Will be interesting to see what kind of shot in the arm he gives the series over a full season. New schedule looks good. People are freaking over COTA (*shrugs*). Need a title sponsor, need to work on super speedway package, need to continue to look into safety items like windscreen and possibility of extending safer barrier higher, need to find a way to increase the size of the purses for these races ... but otherwise things are looking up.

NBC will be better. Schedule keeps getting better. More cars seem to be in the works. Alonso will raise status of the series by himself and increase international interest.
                Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 09-06-2018, 02:13 PM.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Alonso seemed quite happy in Alabama yesterday. Will be interesting to see what kind of shot in the arm he gives the series over a full season. New schedule looks good. People are freaking over COTA (*shrugs*). Need a title sponsor, need to work on super speedway package, need to continue to look into safety items like windscreen and possibility of extending safer barrier higher, need to find a way to increase the size of the purses for these races ... but otherwise things are looking up.

NBC will be better. Schedule keeps getting better. More cars seem to be in the works. Alonso will raise status of the series by himself and increase international interest.
                  While I very much like the idea of Indycar racing at COTA, I'm not really sure why people think this is some earth moving thing. Indycars and F1 cars are not even close to each other- so why the need to compare them? And the racing strategies are way more different- with Indycar adding in refueling to work with tire wear. Totally ignoring the powertrain issue. The only thing they have in common is a DI V6 turbo. Other than that, they bear no relationship. And the aero concept is MUCH different.

So I just don't get the fascination to compare the two series. Unless F1 is worried that Indycar is so much more reasonable to race at that money will start heading there.... Which has happened exactly never, when it's always been an option.

Comment

Looks like LeClerc to Ferrari is a done deal and Kimi is out. Might he retire or go to Indycar or a lesser team?

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      Looks like LeClerc to Ferrari is a done deal and Kimi is out. Might he retire or go to Indycar or a lesser team?
                      It would be awesome to see him in INDYCAR!

I doubt he’d come though, no teams with money for him plus I don’t think he’s showed interest ever.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

It's official now. http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/kimi-...e-end-of-2018/ and http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/charl...rrari-in-2019/

But here's the odd part- Kimi is going to Sauber. https://www.sauberf1team.com/news/ki...am-from-2019-2 which makes no sense to me, unless Kimi is doing it for the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          It's official now. http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/kimi-...e-end-of-2018/ and http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/charl...rrari-in-2019/

But here's the odd part- Kimi is going to Sauber. https://www.sauberf1team.com/news/ki...am-from-2019-2 which makes no sense to me, unless Kimi is doing it for the money.
                          Bizarre. He won’t Have a chance for podiums so I assume Sauber bought Kimi a small country to come over.

Comment

I believe Ferrari controls one of the Sauber seats and Kimi is really good technically so the car will improve a good bit. Having said that, no way he's on the podium unless maybe 4 or 5 guys in front of him all crash.

Comment

Well here is some other news in Formula cars.
                              Club Ford has gotten really big on the west coast to the point where cheating has shown up. The vintage race organizers are really not set up like the SCCA is to tear down a car and the protest fee is so big no one protests. So a number of guys who happen to have what can be chraitibly described as suspect motors, all on the west coast, have been winning races in older cars vs much newer and thoeretically faster machines.. Anyway bottom line the non cheaters, being unable to convice the others to submit to a teardown have started their own vintage series for cars which are willing to be torn down. Hopefully it will be something everyone else takes to heart.

Next year being the 50th Anniversary of FF there will be a lot of events.
                              Last edited by manurespreader; 09-11-2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                While I very much like the idea of Indycar racing at COTA, I'm not really sure why people think this is some earth moving thing. Indycars and F1 cars are not even close to each other- so why the need to compare them? And the racing strategies are way more different- with Indycar adding in refueling to work with tire wear. Totally ignoring the powertrain issue. The only thing they have in common is a DI V6 turbo. Other than that, they bear no relationship. And the aero concept is MUCH different.

So I just don't get the fascination to compare the two series. Unless F1 is worried that Indycar is so much more reasonable to race at that money will start heading there.... Which has happened exactly never, when it's always been an option.
                                I think it is interesting to compare the different technologies and look at how the cars perform differently like the braking points, the speed through and acceleration points thru the corners. The top speed is also a point of interest and even look at the acceleration and deceleration rates. I would also be curious about the drag numbers between the 2.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X