Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

interesting interview.
    http://kentish.podbean.com
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

https://racer.com/2020/04/10/renault...takes-pay-cut/

I can’t fathom how there will be racing this year for F1 or indycar considering current projections for covid. I suspect August-September will be when large gatherings will be allowed but that’s a very optimistic guess.

F1 could lose 3-4 teams and indycar could lose even more if that’s the case.
      😢
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Sir Stirling Moss died.... What a legend. Probably there will never be a better driver to not win a WC.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Sir Stirling Moss died.... What a legend. Probably there will never be a better driver to not win a WC.
          RIP! You could go to his door in his last few years and knock and be given an autograph and tea if you wanted it.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            RIP! You could go to his door in his last few years and knock and be given an autograph and tea if you wanted it.
            Back at the '62 Sebring 12 hr, my dad took a picture of him, and through my friends in the UK car enthusiasts- we got him to sign it sometime in the late 90s.

Comment

This refreshing to hear from Lando Norris. I bet this is music to Mario’s ears.

https://racer.com/2020/05/05/norris-...na-24-entries/

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Rumor is Vettel will announce tomorrow he’s leaving Ferrari at the end of whatever season we have this year. There’s nowhere for him to go. This is terrible news for him. I’m not a fan of his but would like to see if he’d give indycar a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  Rumor is Vettel will announce tomorrow he’s leaving Ferrari at the end of whatever season we have this year. There’s nowhere for him to go. This is terrible news for him. I’m not a fan of his but would like to see if he’d give indycar a shot.
                  I read that Ferrari offered him a one year extension for an insultingly low salary. So, maybe he’s telling them to go pound sand.

He has already said he has no desire to do ovals. If he stays in racing, it’s going to be sports cars.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

official today.

And kind of expected to me- he's not done what he is being paid so much to do- win. And he's not all that competitive against his teammate. So it was natural that he got an offer that is the same as Charles'.

Comment

official today.

And kind of expected to me- he's not done what he is being paid so much to do- win. And he's not all that competitive against his teammate. So it was natural that he got an offer that is the same as Charles'.
                      Agreed. he wanted to be number 1 but he was slower than number 2. And now Sainz will go to Ferrari and Ricciardo to McLaren. I wonder if Hulkenberg will get another shot.

Comment

Agreed. he wanted to be number 1 but he was slower than number 2. And now Sainz will go to Ferrari and Ricciardo to McLaren. I wonder if Hulkenberg will get another shot.
                        Going on that trend.... What's up with Renault? When a non-factory team like McLaren- who sucked REALLY badly not so long ago, is now more attractive to top drivers than you are?

The idea of Renault dropping F1 seems more and more likely as all of these stories progress.

Which actually brings up a totally different question- with just 3 engine makers, but interest from other companies IF the rules change a little- will the rules changes just a little for that to happen?

Comment

Lots of confirmation of Ricciardo to McLaren today.

So now there's an open seat for Renault- and I don't see Vettel going there.

Comment

Holeeee sheeeeeeyat!

https://t.co/t81PXLZbhZ?amp=1

Comment

Holeeee sheeeeeeyat!

https://t.co/t81PXLZbhZ?amp=1
                              Considering that the budget amounts that have been cut would run most race teams, this kind of makes sense. Other than the issue that Fiat may not be so profitable to let Ferrari keep spending that kind of money.

Relative to history, though, Ferrari would fit better in the WEC, IMHO. Win LeMans again. But it would be interesting for a Ferrari Indy Car.

Comment

Going on that trend.... What's up with Renault? When a non-factory team like McLaren- who sucked REALLY badly not so long ago, is now more attractive to top drivers than you are?

The idea of Renault dropping F1 seems more and more likely as all of these stories progress.

Which actually brings up a totally different question- with just 3 engine makers, but interest from other companies IF the rules change a little- will the rules changes just a little for that to happen?
                                Did you ever work with the French?

Comment

Working...
                                X