Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

I was watching re runs of the 1980 F 1 season and the Ligiers were leading a race going away but the downforce was so great that the wheels failed and the cars DNF'ed.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/a...065613691.html

Comment

Not sure how I feel about this move. Mostly because I'm not sure Mr Stroll really knows how to run a car company, or partially run one- for this case.

My career path crossed for a few years with AML ending 20 years ago, and I really want them to do well.

The cash influx will be handy, but AML needs to make money selling cars, as they are all by themselves. If it's all about Mr Stroll, that can go away in a moment.

I also wonder if this means there's some kind of agreement between AML and Mercedes- which would not be a bad thing at this point. Aston can use some major powertrain updates.

Comment

https://youtu.be/ayjOW5DnwgM

I agree with David Coulthard and Emerson Fittipaldi. The steering column broke.

Since Williams team stole off with the black boxes I hope they never Win a race or come close to a podium again.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            https://youtu.be/ayjOW5DnwgM

I agree with David Coulthard and Emerson Fittipaldi. The steering column broke.

Since Williams team stole off with the black boxes I hope they never Win a race or come close to a podium again.
            All the black box going public would have done is put someone from Williams in jail in Italy. And what would have that done to Motorsports in general in Italy? I'd bet that the entire field, including Ferrari and Minardi are happy that the case never saw a court. To assume that the FIA, Williams, and the rest of the field didn't know what went wrong and did what they could to prevent a future failure I think is wrong- and they would have gotten that from the black box.

How many Lotus drivers died because Chapman wanted the car to be that fragile?

IMHO, what Williams did was more a mistake of putting it back together, whereas the Lotuses were intentionally designed that way. (After learning more about what happened with Delorean, I have changed my outlook on Chapman, and think of him more as a POS)

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              I was watching re runs of the 1980 F 1 season and the Ligiers were leading a race going away but the downforce was so great that the wheels failed and the cars DNF'ed.
              I'll see if my uncle remember that race. He mentioned about they were frequently watching the F1 races live back then when he was newly wed. He captured a few photos of the incidents, maybe that was one of them. I'll come over tomorrow to help him install the suspension and 4 wheeler accessories on his TRX project, gonna ask about the photos he captured back then.

Comment

Bathurst is the greatest track in the world.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

And the most insane.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

This looks great!

https://youtu.be/XKwfDjfO9Pw
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Could it be that Williams will be competitive? ...... Nah!

Comment

Could it be that Williams will be competitive? ...... Nah!
                        Define "competitive." LOL
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

My race car friends like it. I guess I'll go see it.

Comment

I watched it two days after it showed up on Netflix. Thoroughly enjoyed it. My wife, not exactly a racing fan, enjoyed it also.

There are a lot of great racing documentaries on Netflix. I watched the Carroll Shelby one. Still have to watch 24 Hours War and Wiiliams.

And of course, there is Drive to Survive, a must for any F1 fan. The second season drops on a February 28.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                              Define "competitive." LOL
                              I know!
                              Competitive, where they qualify with a time that is mid-pack for the midfield teams. Qualifying at the tail end of the mid-pack with one or two teams having a driver with problems below them doesn't count.

Looking at preseason testing so far, Mercedes is at 1.15 something and Williams hasn't broken 1 18. But overall I think this year will have some good surprises.

BTW tentatively, I'll be racing the VRG at the Glen this coming year. Maybe I'll see you.

Comment

BTW tentatively, I'll be racing the VRG at the Glen this coming year. Maybe I'll see you.
                                I should be the pace car driver for that event.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X