Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Game on.

When was that time a rookie took the pole for the opening race for Indycar? Wickens looks really good.

Re: Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Ouch for that ending. Not quite the great start put Rossi in a place he could not stick, and Wickens could not hold it- it was close.

A repeat win for Bourdais, though.

Based on that race, this should be an interesting Indycar season.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      Ouch for that ending. Not quite the great start put Rossi in a place he could not stick, and Wickens could not hold it- it was close.

A repeat win for Bourdais, though.

Based on that race, this should be an interesting Indycar season.
      Rossi had to know that the pass would not work and it was his fault that Wickens did not finish. Wickens could have given way and allowed rossi to pass, but would you have?, it was Wickens' corner.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Rossi had to know that the pass would not work and it was his fault that Wickens did not finish. Wickens could have given way and allowed rossi to pass, but would you have?, it was Wickens' corner.
        Maybe, but 1) Wickens didn't get a great start like he did on the last re-start, and 2) it was likely Rossi's only chance. The way Rossi attacked that corner, Wickens could have done an under/over move.

Sucks bad for Wickens, as I was totally rooting for him. He had a brilliant race, and would have won had it not been for the normal brain dead driving that we commonly see at the end of Indycar races in the rear of the field.

Comment

Maybe, but 1) Wickens didn't get a great start like he did on the last re-start, and 2) it was likely Rossi's only chance. The way Rossi attacked that corner, Wickens could have done an under/over move.

Sucks bad for Wickens, as I was totally rooting for him. He had a brilliant race, and would have won had it not been for the normal brain dead driving that we commonly see at the end of Indycar races in the rear of the field.
          So Wickens goes from 1st to out and the jerk who caused the incident and who sure it was his only chance, finishes forth instead of second. Great decision.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            So Wickens goes from 1st to out and the jerk who caused the incident and who sure it was his only chance, finishes forth instead of second. Great decision.
            He should have had a better start like the last one, then. It's not as if Rossi didn't have a HUGE opening thanks to the poor start, and him able to come along by. If Rossi didn't partially spin, he would have made the pass stick. Other than the partial spin, it was a clean pass- for both drivers, one might add.

Comment

Paul Tracy said you could fit a truck in the opening Wickens left fwiw.

It's just one race but ****, looks like we could have a very interesting season.

...will Foyt's team finally win again?
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

F1 is underway, with Australia qualifying done. At the front, there's not much shock in the order, a surprise of the distance between 1-2, though. Mid- nice to see Haas and Renault step up, and one can hope that McLaren is making strides. FI needs some work. In the back, Sauber is better than anticipated, but Williams and Torro Rosso are going the wrong direction.

Comment

f1 is underway, with australia qualifying done. At the front, there's not much shock in the order, a surprise of the distance between 1-2, though. Mid- nice to see haas and renault step up, and one can hope that mclaren is making strides. Fi needs some work. In the back, sauber is better than anticipated, but williams and torro rosso are going the wrong direction.
                  f--- espn!!
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                    f--- espn!!
                    Cripes, all they did was port over Sky's coverage. $0 in house cost, just whatever they have to pay Sky and Liberty.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The in race coverage was actually pretty good. Not much different then NBC Sports as they were also getting the world wide "feed". ESPN needs to sort out the commercial break issue so that the announcers know when the U.S. goes to commercial. No recap of what transpired. The announcers are knowledgeable, but Martin Brundle is not quite as polished as Will Buxton in the pits. My wife misses Steve Matchett providing the technical perspective. The virtual safety car fiasco cost Hamilton the race. That needs to be addressed in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        The in race coverage was actually pretty good. Not much different then NBC Sports as they were also getting the world wide "feed". ESPN needs to sort out the commercial break issue so that the announcers know when the U.S. goes to commercial. No recap of what transpired. The announcers are knowledgeable, but Martin Brundle is not quite as polished as Will Buxton in the pits. My wife misses Steve Matchett providing the technical perspective. The virtual safety car fiasco cost Hamilton the race. That needs to be addressed in my opinion.
                        They will never know, and should not care. Sky is feeding THEIR customers, not ESPN/Liberty- who are just taking the signal and broadcasting it. The only fix is if they put 3 talking people in a room, with a few techs to replicate what NBCSN did.

Comment

They will never know, and should not care. Sky is feeding THEIR customers, not ESPN/Liberty- who are just taking the signal and broadcasting it. The only fix is if they put 3 talking people in a room, with a few techs to replicate what NBCSN did.
                          ESPN/Liberty must be paying for the signal. I can't imagine it's free. Do all of Sky's customers (other then ESPN), see it commercial free for the entire race?

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                            ESPN/Liberty must be paying for the signal. I can't imagine it's free. Do all of Sky's customers (other then ESPN), see it commercial free for the entire race?
                            Most English channels only do ads at the beginning and end of a show. If at all.

Sky may be getting money for it, but I don't see them altering their broadcast just for US viewers, especially when we hear F1TV is coming (whatever that is).

Comment

Liberty Media, owners of F1 are currently negotiating with the new owner of the Nurburgring for a return in 2019. Mirco Markfort says the terms are tough and he needs help from the region. Chase Carey CEO of Liberty Media also wants F1 to return to its roots. At least the German Grand Prix will return to Hockenheim this year and it's good to have the French Grand Prix back after a 10 year hiatus.
                              Last edited by Runsub5; 03-26-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X