Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

https://youtu.be/rT5S8sV9ppY
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      If you want a smile. Go over to the Rokit/ Williams twitter account and watch Lewis Hamilton giving a ride around Silverstone to Sir Frank. It's great. .....
      Thanks for the link. That was so enjoyable to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        Desire Wilson?
        No, Divina Galicia. And a wonderful person as well. She had some great stories about flying to races on the Concorde etc.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

is anyone watching the esports? I am not.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            Like I told a friend of mine, I'm not that desperate. Yet... When I do become desperate enough to watch it, we are all in deep trouble.

The whole esport thing is a generational thing. If the younger kids like to watch it, so be it. Heck, there's a ton of money in it. More than some racing series, even Indy car. Seriously. So, maybe we shouldn't knock it after all.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              Not yet...although I have the itch to play the F1 game on pc now and turn up the speakers or better yet connect to my Bose and really shake the room!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Indy 500 moved to August 23, with qualifying the weekend before.

Thus, Mid-Ohio moved to August 9 and Gateway moved to August 30.

Indy GP moved to July 4 on the NASCAR weekend to make it a doubleheader.

St. Pete will be rescheduled, but no date announced yet.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  Indy 500 moved to August 23, with qualifying the weekend before.

Thus, Mid-Ohio moved to August 9 and Gateway moved to August 30.

Indy GP moved to July 4 on the NASCAR weekend to make it a doubleheader.

St. Pete will be rescheduled, but no date announced yet.
                  The doubleheader with nascar will be very interesting. I think Penske moved mountains here to get nbc to agree to these dates considering the possibility of PGA tourneys and NHL playoffs as contenders for the same time slots.

How weird will it be to watch the INDY 500 in August?

Also, that road coarse race at Indy just may be Jimmie Johnson’s introduction to racing indycar on road and street courses

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    The doubleheader with nascar will be very interesting. I think Penske moved mountains here to get nbc to agree to these dates considering the possibility of PGA tourneys and NHL playoffs as contenders for the same time slots.

Also, that road coarse race at Indy just may be Jimmie Johnson’s introduction to racing indycar on road and street courses
                    Portland has now been moved to the weekend after Labor Day.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      Portland has now been moved to the weekend after Labor Day.
                      Miller said they wouldn’t move that date, I wonder what’s driving the decision to change it? Does Long Beach still have an outside chance?

Comment

Miller said they wouldn’t move that date, I wonder what’s driving the decision to change it? Does Long Beach still have an outside chance?
                        They claim it's because they want the teams to be able to rest a bit and not have a bunch of consecutive weekends right after Indy (but then, with the Indy GP now on July 4, that makes five races in a row during that time which is fairly daunting). Personally -- and I have no evidence to support this -- I think Labor Day weekend is a backup date for Indy, if the 500 needs to be delayed more. Though, it' really not much more of a delay if things are still bad in late August, a few weeks won't make a difference.

As for Long Beach, it's kaput. I read they were eyeing the Halloween weekend as apparently the convention center was available then. And any date requires that building to be available. However, the LBGP gave up on that possibility due to other logistical reasons. So, it won't happen this year.

St. Pete's rescheduled date is apparently reliant on Laguna Seca's willingness to no longer be the season finale. I don't know what's in their contract, but I would hope people will be flexible in these extraordinary times. In any case, any St. Pete date will be after Laguna Seca. Weather certainly won't be an issue (other than hurricanes) no matter how late into the Fall it is.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

The Indy road course is very hard on tires and in the heat of the day is quite slippery.

Comment

If you haven't seen it, on NetFlix is " A life of Speed. The story of Juan Manual Fangio" . It's very worthwhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              If you haven't seen it, on NetFlix is " A life of Speed. The story of Juan Manual Fangio" . It's very worthwhile.
                              Thanks! I’ve always wanted to learn more about Fangio.

Comment

Zak Brown: https://racer.com/2020/04/06/f1-coul...ovid-19-brown/

****, I hope the worst case scenario doesn’t happen. If nothing else this conversation should intensify the focus on revenue sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X