Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Alonso with SPM/McLaren for INDY!

Watching for updates on Robert Wickens...it may be 2-3 years before he can race, IF he races again.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      Alonso with SPM/McLaren for INDY!

Watching for updates on Robert Wickens...it may be 2-3 years before he can race, IF he races again.
      I hope he proves them wrong but I believe the doctors said about 6 months ago, he has a very, very slim chance of walking. Now does that mean he's out of a ride. Most likely. he'll be pretty old by two years from now as well. I would love to see him driving a car again. He was really fast.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Looks like F1 has their baseball version on how they handled the punishment controversy:

We, the undersigned teams, were surprised and shocked by the FIA’s statement of Friday 28 February regarding the conclusion of its investigation into the Scuderia Ferrari Formula 1 Power Unit.

An international sporting regulator has the responsibility to act with the highest standards of governance, integrity and transparency.

After months of investigations that were undertaken by the FIA only following queries raised by other teams, we strongly object to the FIA reaching a confidential settlement agreement with Ferrari to conclude this matter.

Therefore, we hereby state publicly our shared commitment to pursue full and proper disclosure in this matter, to ensure that our sport treats all competitors fairly and equally. We do so on behalf of the fans, the participants and the stakeholders of Formula One.

In addition, we reserve our rights to seek legal redress, within the FIA’s due process and before the competent courts.

McLaren Racing Limited
        Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Limited
        Racing Point UK Limited
        Red Bull Racing Limited
        Renault Sport Racing Limited
        Scuderia Alpha Tauri S.p.A.
        Williams Grand Prix Engineering Limited
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          Looks like F1 has their baseball version on how they handled the punishment controversy:

We, the undersigned teams, were surprised and shocked by the FIA’s statement of Friday 28 February regarding the conclusion of its investigation into the Scuderia Ferrari Formula 1 Power Unit.

An international sporting regulator has the responsibility to act with the highest standards of governance, integrity and transparency.

After months of investigations that were undertaken by the FIA only following queries raised by other teams, we strongly object to the FIA reaching a confidential settlement agreement with Ferrari to conclude this matter.

Therefore, we hereby state publicly our shared commitment to pursue full and proper disclosure in this matter, to ensure that our sport treats all competitors fairly and equally. We do so on behalf of the fans, the participants and the stakeholders of Formula One.

In addition, we reserve our rights to seek legal redress, within the FIA’s due process and before the competent courts.

McLaren Racing Limited
          Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Limited
          Racing Point UK Limited
          Red Bull Racing Limited
          Renault Sport Racing Limited
          Scuderia Alpha Tauri S.p.A.
          Williams Grand Prix Engineering Limited
          Which team starts throwing bean balls?

Seriously, though- this result is hardly a good thing for the FIA- while Haas didn't sign that, if I were Gene, I would use this as a significant input to the overall disparity in F1 to really question his investment. (which he is- if they don't show good results, this probably will be the last year for Haas F1- https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/g...-2021/4712536/)

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Which team starts throwing bean balls?

Seriously, though- this result is hardly a good thing for the FIA- while Haas didn't sign that, if I were Gene, I would use this as a significant input to the overall disparity in F1 to really question his investment. (which he is- if they don't show good results, this probably will be the last year for Haas F1- https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/g...-2021/4712536/)
            HAAS didn't sign it because he's a Ferrari supplied team (ditto, Alfa Romeo). And I doubt he's going to make waves over this particular issue. The factories completely control the teams they supply, right down to telling them how to vote.
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              HAAS didn't sign it because he's a Ferrari supplied team (ditto, Alfa Romeo). And I doubt he's going to make waves over this particular issue. The factories completely control the teams they supply, right down to telling them how to vote.
              He may not make direct waves, sure. But he's noted the major disparity in payouts as being the key reason he's thinking of leaving. And Ferrari is the poster team of uneven payouts.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                He may not make direct waves, sure. But he's noted the major disparity in payouts as being the key reason he's thinking of leaving. And Ferrari is the poster team of uneven payouts.
                Agree. He can be vague enough but still strongly get his point across without ticking off Ferrari.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

WHAT EXPLOSIVE RESPONSE TO ENGINE SETTLEMENT MEANS

https://the-race.com/formula-1/what-...t-storm-means/
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

New track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGu--_UHY_o
                    Banked turns included.

Comment

I just don't see that happening. As much as I'd love to.

The guy has come a long way. Crazy inspirational. I just hope he is able to live a normal life again sometime soon.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

F1 optimistic regarding Miami...Miami is traditionally a fickle market, i’m Not sure this is a great idea.

I wonder if Penske views F1 as competition or a potential ally.

It would be great if he could raise INDYCAR’s profile to early 90’s stature.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

I wonder if Penske views F1 as competition or a potential ally.
                          Well, he's said he would like F1 back at Indy.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            Well, he's said he would like F1 back at Indy.
                            Interesting. They’d need to reconfigure the track I think.

Comment

Bahrain announced that the Grand Prix this month will be fanless. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-...us-organisers/

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                Bahrain announced that the Grand Prix this month will be fanless. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-...us-organisers/
                                And that’s different from any other Bahrain GP ... how?
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X