Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Monaco postponed.
    As is Netherlands and Spain.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      Dumb idea: Move Indy to the end of July between Iowa and Mid-Ohio. Have it be a 5 day race weekend with 1-2 practice days, one qualifying day, then the 500.

Reasoning: NASCAR is off, so no direct race competition. Baseball also goes into the "dog days" so you can pick up a few TV viewers from that as well. Dunno how many people attend both major races at Indy, so you might lose a few folks who don't want to attend two races in 3 weekends. On the plus side, the two big Indy races are close enough so that they can leave temporary items like hospitality tents and other infrastructure up for both races. Also Iowa and Mid-Ohio are short travel races for the teams for the most part.
      Not necessarily a bad idea, other than the heat, for the reasons you state. (And don't worry about the Brickyard 400, no one attends that anymore.)

At this point, the entire year is just gonna be a cluster for every form of entertainment. There are no easy answers.
      No doubt. Everyone is just going to have to make do, as well as put up with a ton of conflicts, especially on the sports car side.

A friend of mine said, "At this rate, there will be a race at some track every day in September. Let's travel from one track to another. Let's gooooo."

I said, "Well, with all my vacation time still available since I won't be able to use it any other time, let's do it."
      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Monaco now cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          Monaco now cancelled.
          Same number of lead changes either way.

This is my one racing joke.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

And it's been announced that 2021 has been postponed to 2022 in F1. Even with the intro shift, there will be a cost cap for 2021.

It will be interesting if any team totally remakes their car for 2021 or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              If Indy wanted to, they will buyout the Portland contract in order to get on to Labor Day weekend. The 500 is worth way more than the entire rest of the season. They have to salvage that race in order for teams to salvage their sponsorships and thus budgets.
              Agreed but Robin Miller said Portland was not on the radar to move. It’s probably the ideal weekend for a reschedule. I guess Miller talks with Roger Penske 3-4x a week.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                Dumb idea: Move Indy to the end of July between Iowa and Mid-Ohio. Have it be a 5 day race weekend with 1-2 practice days, one qualifying day, then the 500.

Reasoning: NASCAR is off, so no direct race competition. Baseball also goes into the "dog days" so you can pick up a few TV viewers from that as well. Dunno how many people attend both major races at Indy, so you might lose a few folks who don't want to attend two races in 3 weekends. On the plus side, the two big Indy races are close enough so that they can leave temporary items like hospitality tents and other infrastructure up for both races. Also Iowa and Mid-Ohio are short travel races for the teams for the most part.

At this point, the entire year is just gonna be a cluster for every form of entertainment. There are no easy answers.
                I like your idea here. Miller said Labor Day is out which seems odd. One would think you could buy out/reschedule Portland for a one time force majeure event that caused this.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  And it's been announced that 2021 has been postponed to 2022 in F1. Even with the intro shift, there will be a cost cap for 2021.

It will be interesting if any team totally remakes their car for 2021 or not.
                  I think you forgot the key word -- rules.

When I first read what you wrote, I thought the 2020 season was going to be combined into the 2021 season (which has been rumored) to make a super season.

Words matter. LOL
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

Agreed but Robin Miller said Portland was not on the radar to move. It’s probably the ideal weekend for a reschedule. I guess Miller talks with Roger Penske 3-4x a week.
                    I think Robin hangs out in Roger's bathroom...
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      I think you forgot the key word -- rules.

When I first read what you wrote, I thought the 2020 season was going to be combined into the 2021 season (which has been rumored) to make a super season.

Words matter. LOL
                      I considered that, but then humor matters, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        I think Robin hangs out in Roger's bathroom...
                        🤣🤣🤣

Comment

🤣🤣🤣
                          If you want a smile. Go over to the Rokit/ Williams twitter account and watch Lewis Hamilton giving a ride around Silverstone to Sir Frank. It's great.
                          and an aside. last year I took a course at Bertil Roos and my instructor was a former F1 driver. She drove a street car around some corners faster than some of the members of the class drove an F 2000 formula car.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            If you want a smile. Go over to the Rokit/ Williams twitter account and watch Lewis Hamilton giving a ride around Silverstone to Sir Frank. It's great.
                            and an aside. last year I took a course at Bertil Roos and my instructor was a former F1 driver. She drove a street car around some corners faster than some of the members of the class drove an F 2000 formula car.
                            Thanks for the tip, will check out after work today!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              I considered that, but then humor matters, too.
                              On a more serious matter, apparently the rules state that eight races is the minimum necessary to declare world champions.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                Desire Wilson?
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X