Maine Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey

Another hockey fan of the Maine Black Bears hockey teams. I have followed the forum for a few years, so I thought I would start adding my two cents to the fun! If I can figure out how to post correctly.

Comment

Here is the link to watch today's game:

https://www.collegesportslive.com/vi...new-brunswick/

Comment

My predictions is the Maine women's team will finish in the top 3 this year. They will be solid offensively and in goal. Only question will be the defense, with the loss of Matteau and Kucera. I see them putting up a lot of points this year. The only other question is if they can stay out of the box. I saw a lot of retaliation penalties last year that really hurt them.

Comment

Came away impressed with newcomers #11 Amelie Anderson and #26 Ida Kuoppala and as usual Tereza Vanisova was outstanding on the ice, she see's everything and skates/passes and is a threat every time she is on the ice, a special one of kind player. Also thought Leech/Colton and Tereshkiva played very well tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Dangle View Post
            My predictions is the Maine women's team will finish in the top 3 this year. They will be solid offensively and in goal. Only question will be the defense, with the loss of Matteau and Kucera. I see them putting up a lot of points this year. The only other question is if they can stay out of the box. I saw a lot of retaliation penalties last year that really hurt them.
            Welcome aboard....the more that follow the women's game the better...imo thou...Maine is still not a top 4 team in Hockey East, ask me later like 12 games from now and I may change my mind on that...but for now they will need to beat the top 4 teams in Hockey East to get to that plateau.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              Welcome aboard....the more that follow the women's game the better...imo thou...Maine is still not a top 4 team in Hockey East, ask me later like 12 games from now and I may change my mind on that...but for now they will need to beat the top 4 teams in Hockey East to get to that plateau.
              After watching the game it seems like Andersen, Kuapolla, and Coffman are going to be great contributors. Kuapolla has some sticks skills to get through traffic, which is rare from what I’ve seen in the women’s game. Andersen looks to have that poise out at point and nifty passing. Coffman looks to have a nose for driving the net and passing well on the odd man rushes.

Looks like a well rounded squad. Of course Vanisova is mvp and she looked outstanding. Can’t wait to see what this team can do against other teams in hockey east.

Comment

Maine beat Sacred Heart 4-0 today, Miljone and Vanisova with 2 goals each. Play again tomorrow afternoon at 1pm

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  Maine beat Sacred Heart 4-0 today, Miljone and Vanisova with 2 goals each. Play again tomorrow afternoon at 1pm
                  Kind of disappointing there isn’t even a radio broadcast of the games.

Comment

Maine is ahead, 4-0, about midway through period 2 of game 2. Should note that Sacred Heart is a d-II/III women's hockey program.

Comment

Final score, Maine 7, SHU 0
                      Seven different players scored for UMaine.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
                        Always good to get off to a good start. Nice to see freshmen scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
                          Yes and today none were Tereza Vasinova...good to see others on the score sheet....she'll get a bunch next weekend versus QU...!

Comment

That is not true. Sacred Heart is D1 but only started offering scholarship monies last year in an effort to improve their program. They were a group of walk-ons for years. It is difficult to get D1 caliber girls to come play hockey without offering scholarship $$ and tuition at 56K/year. They will get better but it will take time. As for Maine, they are a very talented collection of girls from all over the globe with recruits from Russia, Latvia, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Czech Republic as well as our Canadian neighbors. They roster only 8 girls from the US. I would expect them to win their league handily with that type of reach, correct?

Comment

My error. Sacred Heart is a member of the D1 New England Women's Hockey Alliance.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymakesmebroke View Post
                                That is not true. Sacred Heart is D1 but only started offering scholarship monies last year in an effort to improve their program. They were a group of walk-ons for years. It is difficult to get D1 caliber girls to come play hockey without offering scholarship $$ and tuition at 56K/year. They will get better but it will take time. As for Maine, they are a very talented collection of girls from all over the globe with recruits from Russia, Latvia, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Czech Republic as well as our Canadian neighbors. They roster only 8 girls from the US. I would expect them to win their league handily with that type of reach, correct?
                                Yes it does take time to recruit and build a solid program...hoping it happens for SHU. As for the recruiting part at Maine...yes there are a lot of girls from over seas and I can say I have no problem with it...once they put that hockey sweater on they are playing for MAINE...and its hard to compete with the likes of BC/BU/NU/Wis/Minnesota's/UMD for top tier talent(no excuse/just a fact)...so at Maine it has become a so called UNITED NATIONS TEAM, and so be it. I have followed them from the start of the program and figured they would some day be a legit team...or at least a solid program...but that has not happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X