Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey

Originally posted by mnwis View Post
    The point is that other teams have yet to list their roster online..so what if the school waits ...your timeline and theirs don't match that's all.

As for HC, this is their second year at D1, as you well know...recruits will come given time.
    As for Holy Cross, they will need and it will take time to recruit at this level. They are in a area where they may pull in some diamonds in the rough...but I figure it will at least take one cycle of recruiting to start to build up the program...good luck in the process.

Comment

Well, Buddy...if ur "D1" act like it..that's the point.
      And no don,t have a dog in the race..huge men's hockey fan of Hockey East and of UMAINE program from Walshy days. Even Whiteheads...they stink right now, so thought I would support women's. But, as you pointed out, if its up to the the "D1" program to put up rosters, schedules, stats etc when ever they feel like it, even into the season, good luck getting followers. Ur right, looks like I will follow HC then.

Comment

Originally posted by BBwhockey View Post
        Joke..they play in less than 2 weeks and this is one of the only programs at Maine that:
        a) compete in their league
        b) have a chance at winning on a national stage

WHOC, MHOC, Football at teh tier 2 level of Div I and Field Hockey is it..

Upcoming opponents:
        Sacred Heart- Full roster up
        Quinny- Full roster and bios
        NE- Full roster up (IN OUR LEAGUE!)
        BU- Full roster up (IN OUR LEAGUE!)
        UNH- Full roster up (IN OUR LEAGUE!)
        BC- Full roster and bios (IN OUR LEAGUE!)
        Merrimack- Full roster up (IN OUR LEAGUE!)
        FREAKIN HOLY CROSS_ a div 3 program- full roster up....

well..u get the point..all opponents have theirs up...Nice Job SID!
        Rosters up now

Comment

Originally posted by WJETSFAN1 View Post
          Rosters up now
          Good to see...also Nicole Pateman is on the roster which on the returning roster was not...and a question on recruit Amelie Anderson, is she from Finland?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            Good to see...also Nicole Pateman is on the roster which on the returning roster was not...and a question on recruit Amelie Anderson, is she from Finland?
            She’s from Denmark. Her brother Freddie plays in the NHL, goalie for Toronto last I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
              She’s from Denmark. Her brother Freddie plays in the NHL, goalie for Toronto last I saw.
              Wow, what a small world...well thanks for that added info...always interested in who they are/where they came from and there hockey back ground to coming to UMaine...again THANK YOU...can't wait till next Friday to see this seasons team on the ice.

Comment

Wow, what a small world...well thanks for that added info...always interested in who they are/where they came from and there hockey back ground to coming to UMaine...again THANK YOU...can't wait till next Friday to see this seasons team on the ice.
                Another interesting unknown is forward Kuoppala from Finland. She looks like a goal scorer and has played in international tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  Another interesting unknown is forward Kuoppala from Finland. She looks like a goal scorer and has played in international tournaments.
                  Yes I noticed that and HOPE YOUR right....more scoring the better. The Finns have a strong work ethic in there game.

Comment

Yes I noticed that and HOPE YOUR right....more scoring the better. The Finns have a strong work ethic in there game.
                    Another interesting thing I see is Trimper twins listed as being from Florida. They spent their school years in Bangor and school years recently at Taft in Conn. Here is an article from a while back in case anyone is unfamiliar... https://bangordailynews.com/2018/06/08/sports/umaine-sports/twins-who-grew-up-in-bangor-commit-to-play-ice-hockey-at-university-of-maine/

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                      Another interesting thing I see is Trimper twins listed as being from Florida. They spent their school years in Bangor and school years recently at Taft in Conn. Here is an article from a while back in case anyone is unfamiliar... https://bangordailynews.com/2018/06/08/sports/umaine-sports/twins-who-grew-up-in-bangor-commit-to-play-ice-hockey-at-university-of-maine/
                      Seems like the Maine staff has put a lot of focus on recruiting European players. That might end being a very smart move. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                        Seems like the Maine staff has put a lot of focus on recruiting European players. That might end being a very smart move. Time will tell.
                        They have the last few seasons...this year they have 11.

Comment

Well why not...here's my PICKS for Women's Hockey East Regular season: (1) BC (2) BU (3) Northeastern (4) Merrimack (5) Providence (6) MAINE (7) UConn (8) UNH (9) Vermont (10) Holy Cross

Comment

hockeyeastonline.com --- Coaches Poll out today --- Maine women picked at #8

Comment

hockeyeastonline.com --- Coaches Poll out today --- Maine women picked at #8
                              You are a beacon of hope.

Talk to me when there is something uplifting.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                You are a beacon of hope.

Talk to me when there is something uplifting.
                                OK...just telling you like it is...and that in this day and age can always be spun or twisted but I think you know what I mean....(???)...common sense is no longer the rule, white and black does not make the picture rosy...and yes and no is considered too harsh.

Comment

Working...
                                X