Maine Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey

For those who follow former Maine Black Bears....Jessica Jacques will be playing for Merrimack this upcoming season.

Comment

Hey all....very, very new to this forum and fan of the program......1st post...can the veterans tell me how they think UMAINE will be 2020 and moving forward? recruits? returners? love to get info..THX!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BBwhockey View Post
        Hey all....very, very new to this forum and fan of the program......1st post...can the veterans tell me how they think UMAINE will be 2020 and moving forward? recruits? returners? love to get info..THX!!
        They should have been better last season and finished in the tanker. Then lost a key defensemen that could have been a leader. At the same time they had several players play in international play. My guess is they will be decent middle of the pack. But this past season was very disappointing. So I am not very bullish, it screamed of a team with no leadership... evidently including the coaching staff. That team last season should have been capable of finishing in the top four in hockey east and hosting playoff games. Yet....

Comment

Ok, Well as a new follower hoping for the best. Hope the veterans step up and lead the new ones.

Comment

Ok, Well as a new follower hoping for the best. Hope the veterans step up and lead the new ones.
            New recruit, Ava Stevenson, of Little Ceasers 16U team in MI.
            https://lch.littlecaesarshockey.com/roster_players/32644159?subseason=544397

Described as having good vision and playmaking.

Comment

she here next season? what is word with incoming frosh? any impact players?

Comment

she here next season? what is word with incoming frosh? any impact players?
                Stevensen won’t be in for at least a couple seasons. She is only 16 I think.

This years incoming class features higher rated players Coffman and Maclean. They seem to be regarded as highly rated players. And also twins of former Maine baseball coach, the Trimper twins. They are gritty types as they played boys hockey in Maine since Maine high school hockey isn’t big and doesn’t afford opportunities like other states. I think this will be a solid and aggressive class from what I’ve read up on. This combined with the fact that six current and returning players played in international competition lately. They only questions remain if Kucera and Blair are off the squad and not allowed back. In general I think they have a bright future. But like I mentioned before I was disappointed with how they finished from January through end of last season.

Nice to have you on board. I think this might make three of us here now!

Comment

Wow..great info! thx for that..yes, maybe it adds one more to thread, but have followed program, just never fond this site. Lets keep our support going!

Comment

Wow..great info! thx for that..yes, maybe it adds one more to thread, but have followed program, just never fond this site. Lets keep our support going!
                    If you go to 7th page back in this thread you can read more about the known recruits.

Also, this coaching staff has been recruiting a lot in Europe lately and they haven’t been making those recruits public knowledge. So it wouldn’t surprise me if there are a couple of surprise freshmen.

I am hoping Kucera can come back, she was just hitting her stride. I think she had talent and could have been a real rock on the blue line. But if they don’t allow her to come back I hope they can use that scholly to get an impact freshmen bluliner. My fear is losing two defensemen early will hurt us in our own zone.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                      If you go to 7th page back in this thread you can read more about the known recruits.

Also, this coaching staff has been recruiting a lot in Europe lately and they haven’t been making those recruits public knowledge. So it wouldn’t surprise me if there are a couple of surprise freshmen.

I am hoping Kucera can come back, she was just hitting her stride. I think she had talent and could have been a real rock on the blue line. But if they don’t allow her to come back I hope they can use that scholly to get an impact freshmen bluliner. My fear is losing two defensemen early will hurt us in our own zone.
                      Agreed...Kucera strongest D for next year. Tedenby strong forward. Shocked with the captain choice...why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gamerlingo View Post
                        Agreed...Kucera strongest D for next year. Tedenby strong forward. Shocked with the captain choice...why?
                        In general, at UMaine hockey, the captains and assistant captains are chosen by the players. They vote... more or less. So, my guess is she is a leader in the eyes of her teammates. Also she is from Maine and that makes me happy. 😏

Comment

Bottom line on "PAPER" this could be a very good team, with that said the BS that was last year...and that being no leadership on the ice has to be a non-factor...with the NEW Captain on board has to mean she brings something in the locker room, on the ice during practice but as a hold someone that is a dedicated player, even if it means not as a regular....last years recruiting class plus the players that have been there for 3 and some going on there 4th year should be a positive....they need to bring back the magic of 2017-18 and NOT the sour ending of 2018-19. AND they need to start to beat the #1 thru #4 teams in Hockey East. Talk is Talk, what needs to happen is being accountable on the ice and away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            Bottom line on "PAPER" this could be a very good team, with that said the BS that was last year...and that being no leadership on the ice has to be a non-factor...with the NEW Captain on board has to mean she brings something in the locker room, on the ice during practice but as a hold someone that is a dedicated player, even if it means not as a regular....last years recruiting class plus the players that have been there for 3 and some going on there 4th year should be a positive....they need to bring back the magic of 2017-18 and NOT the sour ending of 2018-19. AND they need to start to beat the #1 thru #4 teams in Hockey East. Talk is Talk, what needs to happen is being accountable on the ice and away from it.
                            Sounds like a leadership issue in past...hope the returners, along with the newbies, bring a little chip on their shoulder and play with some grit. Sometimes a failure will lead to bigger success

Comment

Originally posted by BBwhockey View Post
                              Sounds like a leadership issue in past...hope the returners, along with the newbies, bring a little chip on their shoulder and play with some grit. Sometimes a failure will lead to bigger success
                              That's what will be...how they respond from last year...easy when you win but bumps in the road and how you deal with it a year after is the question. Myself I think they come back to prove the magic year was not a fluke.

Comment

• New recruit for fall of 2020... Kennedy Little, right shot defensemen, from Andover, MN. She is described as a smallish defensemen that plays the point well, makes good passes, good passing out of her own zone, good instincts when to pinch. She is a 3.5/5 as graded by Nuetral Zone which is indicative of a solid recruit. Here is a page with some video footage, she is number 13. http://www.hudl.com/profile/8693881/Kennedy-Little

Comment

Working...
                                X