• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ALL THINGS DENVER XLI--Will Boone go to St.Paul

Let"s go denver!!!
    Go Pioneers!

Comment

What a crazy day in Fargo! The PIOS skate for a shot at the FF tomorrow!
      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Deja Vu! Providence in Providence--opponent gets a 5 minute major on key defense man. Does Laleggia ring a bell?
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
          What a crazy day in Fargo! The PIOS skate for a shot at the FF tomorrow!
          Here we go DU vs.....AIC!

Never expected this match up. Have to admit I was nervous about OSU, but really concerned about facing St. Cloud in the final. Holding the Cloudies to one goal--that's a piece of work.

Frozen Four is the prize--Go Pios!
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Congratulations to the Pios on a solid showing in Fargo. Keep representing the NCHC well, and good luck in Buffalo.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

What a good weekend for the Pios!
              2 wins 2 shutouts Amazing!
              Larsson, Staub, Finlay and Lancaster were named to the all-tournament team and Larsson was selected MVP.

Only blot on the festivities Emilio Pettersen's injury, Hope it is nor serious, but,,,,
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Yesssss!
                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                Tom Serratore

Comment

Now it's rime for the Frozen Four!
                  I admit that this was not in expectations for the Pios with 19 frosh and sophs and a 1st time, young, head coach. Happily I was wrong!
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

We need news on #20!!
                    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                    Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                      We need news on #20!!
                      DU will really need Pettersen back at close to 100% and the first-line clicking at a high-level to get past UMass. UMass is a carbon copy of St. Cloud and holding them to even two goals will be a real challenge - even with how well the team-defense and goaltending has been playing for the Pioneers. Denver needs to score three (and carry play consistently in the offensive end) to put themselves in the mix to advance.

They were more than solid this past weekend in Fargo, but I keep thinking back to the last games I saw in person - the UND series in the NCHC QFs. If UMass gets that much time, space and possession they'll make Denver play dearly. On the other hand, if DU uses their skating and skill and attempts to take the play to UMass they'll have a chance, despite their youth. I'd echo that this FF berth is unexpected and the season is already a success - so I say throw caution to the win and come out on the attack. The team skates well enough across the board, and is responsible enough, to also get back on defense, but they need to score to win. I don't like their chances to win this game 2-1 or 1/2-0. Get three and they'll be right in this game...

If you look at the way Denver has been playing down the stretch - it lines up with what Notre Dame likes to do and that game did not work out well for the Irish. UMass outshot them 34-13, dominated much of the game and, after wearing them down, buried four goals over the final two periods. As limited as they are this season, UNH and BC are two teams who will always try to skate with their opponents. UNH pushed UMass to double-OT in a 5-4, game-one QF loss and BC knocked off the Minutemen in the Hockey East semi-final. That's how you make life difficult for UMass, IMO, by pushing back, making them defend and taking the puck off their sticks for a while...
                      Last edited by Dan; 04-02-2019, 11:17 AM.
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        DU will really need Pettersen back at close to 100%
                        He was in a sling after the AIC game so I'm thinking he won't play.
                        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Pios left for Buffalo today. After hitting 90 degrees here in SoCal. thought it might be springtime in the Rockies.
                          Guess we can count on Buffalo for cold, smooth ice and a venue for the Pioneers to shine.

GO PIOS!
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            Pios left for Buffalo today. After hitting 90 degrees here in SoCal. thought it might be springtime in the Rockies.
                            Guess we can count on Buffalo for cold, smooth ice and a venue for the Pioneers to shine.

GO PIOS!
                            It was 80 in Denver today, a good time to get outta town. Blizzard warning for tomorrow afternoon/overnight. Bomb cyclone #2 perhaps?

r

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                              He was in a sling after the AIC game so I'm thinking he won't play.
                              Hoping (my heart) you're wrong. Thinking (my head) says you're right.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

In press conference today, DC says there is a "small chance" Pettersen could play tomorrow and he didn't sound hopeful. Emilio has not been practicing with the team.

Just read that Troy Terry was injured 4/1 playing (blocking a shot) against Calgary. Probably a broken leg. Was on crutches at the Tuesday send off for the Pios.

Hoping the Pios can send Cale Makar to the Avs a couple of days early
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X