Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ALL THINGS DENVER XLI--Will Boone go to St.Paul

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
    He’s really young, and his older brother is also verbally committed to DU. I’ll believe it when he signs an NLI in a couple years...I think he’s just upset that he wasn’t classified as “exceptional”, and thus can’t start his MJ career a year early. Time will tell.

Another young verbal, Camron VanSickle, committed this week as well, out of Alaska.

r
    I heard on NHL radio on sirius that Scouts have said that Savoie is better than Shane Wright, who just got "Exceptional Status." I think 6 guys have gotten exceptional status to join the CHL early - and 3 are John Tavares, Aaron Ekblad and Connor McDavid.

Not sure if he'll make it all the way to Magness, but here is a good article about him.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl...osby-1.4500318
    STEAMER Hockey

Comment

Let's smoke some kitty!
      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Go DU!!!
        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
        Tom Serratore

Comment

• Originally posted by Joey13 View Post
          Not sure if he'll make it all the way to Magness, but here is a good article about him.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl...osby-1.4500318
          Three years is probably far to long to hope he'll wait to play at DU. It's most likely an announcement to threaten the WHL with the idea that if he can't come early he won't come at all...

But If I'm Denver I'm looking real hard into accelerating him and seeing if he'd be willing to wait two seasons and come with his brother in 2020-21. Another DU recruit, Matt Benning plays in the same youth program as both Savoies and it appears Benning may play with Sherwood Park this season (where Carter Savoie plays and perhaps Matt)...

A year in the AJHL (which he'd have to do anyway if he can't play in the W) and then to the NCAA doesn't seem unreasonable, if he can he make the coursework work...
          Last edited by Dan; 03-23-2019, 02:38 PM.
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

It's raining goals in MSP this afternoon.
            Go Pioneers!

Comment

So it looks like Fargo is a lock. Woden and Moy both predicting it will be vs OSU. Straight up pure integrity and rematch from last year's regional final.
              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                So it looks like Fargo is a lock. Woden and Moy both predicting it will be vs OSU. Straight up pure integrity and rematch from last year's regional final.
                Revenge is in order!!
                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                Tom Serratore

Comment

• Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                  That’s the chalk. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them switch OSU with ASU to try to get more buckeye fans in Allentown. Either way, bring it!

r

Comment

I assume Larrson will get the start Friday.
                    Go Pioneers!

Comment

Osu
                      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Let's go DU! Kick Brutus the Buckeye in the butt.
                        DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                        sigpic
                        WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Time to break the NCAA Regional Curse of Steve "Killer" Miller.
                          He had DU's number in 2015 and 2018 Regional Finals.

Break the curse
                          Bust the Buckeyes!
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Since 2/15/19:
                            DU has played 13 games 7-5*-1**
                            OSU has played 7 games 1-5-1** (had a bye in 1st round of playoffs, lost in playoff semis, did not play last weekend)

* 2 to cc 2 to UMD and 1 Miami (SOG 47-21 DU)
                            ** 3 x 3 conference win

Buckeyes may be well rested, but as rusty as they were for Penn State. Pios need to score early and often!
                            Last edited by vizoroo; 03-25-2019, 02:21 PM.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              Since 2/15/19:
                              DU has played 13 games 7-5*-1**
                              OSU has played 7 games 1-5-1** (had a bye in 1st round of playoffs, lost in playoff semis, did not play last weekend)

* 2 to cc 2 to UMD and 1 Miami (SOG 47-21 DU)
                              ** 3 x 3 conference win

Buckeyes may be well rested, but as rusty as they were for Penn State. Pios need to score early and often!
                              Only three games for OSU this month, compared to DU's eight. Heading up to Fargo Thursday morning. Hope to be able to catch the practice.
                              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Got to Fargo in time to catch practices today. Each team had an hour on the ice. Pios were all business. My favorite quote from Coach was "Last few reps were better. We need to keep our %^$*ing talk up out here." Also got to visit with the infamous voice of DU hockey as he was setting up his high-tech gear at center ice. The rink is the coolest regional venue I have ever seen. Seats 5K-not a bad seat anywhere and it has some cool design features. The one that I hadn't seen before that really caught my eye was that the first row of seats are not at ice level--You sit up higher--your feet are at the base of the glass. So that first row is raised like three feet from the typical rink. Makes for a nice look--especially if you're standing. There also is three rows of standing room space behind one goal on raised platforms. The place was built in 2008 but doesn't look more than 4-5 years old.
                                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Working...
                                X