This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

Hawai'i. Honolulu, Kauai, and the Oahu North Shore. July 12th - 21st.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Hawai'i. Honolulu, Kauai, and the Oahu North Shore. July 12th - 21st.
      you guys get a couple hr head start... so that's a benefit.
      mookie remembers flying there. seemed to take forever, then eh. decided PR was quicker and fit the bill, and if flying that far west (at the time) just continue onto asia.

kauai is nice. mookie did that and big island. volcano trek was cool.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        you guys get a couple hr head start... so that's a benefit.
        mookie remembers flying there. seemed to take forever, then eh. decided PR was quicker and fit the bill, and if flying that far west (at the time) just continue onto asia.
        Fade has a nonstop from DTW. 9.5-10 hours outbound, 8.5-9 back on a red-eye. Applying certs to try and get a biz class seat, but not holding my breath.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Fade has a nonstop from DTW. 9.5-10 hours outbound, 8.5-9 back on a red-eye. Applying certs to try and get a biz class seat, but not holding my breath.
          Yah, that long and flat bed is essential!!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            I will be spending like 21 hours flying to Capetown in August. Minneapolis to Amsterdam, Amsterdam to Capetown. (like 4 hour layover) I paid for the exact seats I wanted.

I hope KLM is better than Air France...the plane to Paris last year was from the 1990s I swear. The TV in the seat was worse than the one I had in my bedroom in HS
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Hope KLM is ok too. Sending fam home for summer on them in business. Here to AMS to TPA. Praying for flat beds

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I will be spending like 21 hours flying to Capetown in August. Minneapolis to Amsterdam, Amsterdam to Capetown. (like 4 hour layover) I paid for the exact seats I wanted.

I hope KLM is better than Air France...the plane to Paris last year was from the 1990s I swear. The TV in the seat was worse than the one I had in my bedroom in HS
                Air France's slogan: "Let them watch crap"

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

When I flew to CDG on Air France back in 2000, there was a single projector screen located on the partition between 1st and portage class, playing some French movie. You could either choose to purchase headphone jacks to hear it or non. I chose non.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                    Air France's slogan: "Let them watch crap"
                    Well I guess if you were flying primarily to CDG you wouldnt care much either. That airport is awful...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Well I guess if you were flying primarily to CDG you wouldnt care much either. That airport is awful...
                      No kidding!
                      I thought it was bad trying to return our rental car......then I went inside CDG.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

CDG and Air France are both awful. I try to avoid both. I don't like KLM much better, but it is better, and Schiphol is always good option for connecting in Europe. I thought Aeroflot was better than both KLM or Air France, when I flew all 3 late last year.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Went to a Vietnamese place last night and he skinny Viet girl server spoke better English than mookie... good point for Prague one day in

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            CDG and Air France are both awful. I try to avoid both. I don't like KLM much better, but it is better, and Schiphol is always good option for connecting in Europe. I thought Aeroflot was better than both KLM or Air France, when I flew all 3 late last year.
                            I would never, ever fly Aeroflot.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              I would never, ever fly Aeroflot.
                              Caught one of those taking off yesterday as we were parked in the tarmac

Comment

Prague >>>>> Vienna

Dude walk up to folks sitting on sidewalk tables enjoying their day and beg for money.
                                Kids and mookie sat and watched a dude shoplift a hat from a store girl was in.

See nothing like that during four nights in Prague and only 24hrs into Vienna

Comment

Working...
                                X