This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

I used to avoid ATL. Yeah, it's crowded and that's annoying. At least it's reasonably modern, and they do such a good job of just flat-out moving thousands of people.

Of course, it helps that I have SkyClub access and I know which ones are usually the least crowded.

Comment

The thing about LGA is it has been a nightmare since I was in high school, and I was in high school in 1979.

BOS is the model for how to do it right. It used to be a clusterf-ck but since they finally, finally fixed the tunnels it's a breeze now.
      Last edited by Kepler; 11-07-2019, 05:27 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        I used to avoid ATL. Yeah, it's crowded and that's annoying. At least it's reasonably modern, and they do such a good job of just flat-out moving thousands of people.

Of course, it helps that I have SkyClub access and I know which ones are usually the least crowded.
        The TX airports I have been through have been great, other than being filled with Texans. DEN is my favorite, though.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          The thing about LGA is it has been a nightmare since was in high school, and I was in high school in 1979.

BOS is the model for how to do it right. It used to be a clusterf-ck but since they finally, finally fixed the tunnels it's a breeze now.
          That's what LAX and LGA will eventually be, but it's going to take almost 10 years and Cthulu knows how many billions in cost overruns.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            That's what LAX and LGA will eventually be, but it's going to take almost 10 years and Cthulu knows how many billions in cost overruns.
            I don't believe LGA will ever be fixed. They're the Mets of airports.
            Cornell University

Comment

Decided on Ann Arbor in January, Denver in June, and a return to the Twin Cities around Christmas next year.

Not flashy, but I need to see cities that aren't Holland, Grand Rapids, or Muskegon.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                Decided on Ann Arbor in January, Denver in June, and a return to the Twin Cities around Christmas next year.

Not flashy, but I need to see cities that aren't Holland, Grand Rapids, or Muskegon.
                There will be snow at all 3 visits.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  There will be snow at all 3 visits.
                  I'm from West Michigan, I can handle it.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    I'm from West Michigan, I can handle it.
                    Almost heaven,
                    West Michigan
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good lord HCMC is a busy city

Comment

Hennepin County Medical Center?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Good lord HCMC is a busy city
                          It took me a minute to realize you probably meant Ho Chi Minh City instead of...
                          Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Hennepin County Medical Center?
                          ...this.

Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            It took me a minute to realize you probably meant Ho Chi Minh City instead of...

...this.

Comment

Long time to plan this trip, but it's getting closer to reality!

Next year is our 25th anniversary, and on the 5's, we do something special- all of them have been to Europe. Spain, Spain, Italy, and Italy. The second Spain trip, we spent a lot of time finding out about my wife's family, and how they left Europe.

This time, it's my turn- we just booked our flights to Finland! Hope this works out, but there's a farm near the lake Lappajarvi that is where my last name comes from. Naturally, looking at google pictures of the area, it looks just like the UP, where my family immigrated to from Finland. Couple of days exploring there, couple of days in Finland, a couple more days in Barcelona, a week cruise, and we come home.

Fun part- with the cruise, we go back to two of the locations we did before- so in one trip, we visit the locations both of our families left from in roughly 1898.

Very excited about this trip!

For those of your from Minnesota, northern Wisconsin, or the UP, you should consider travelling to Scandinavia- it really looks the exact same. It was pretty freaky on my first flight to Gottenburg, I thought I was landing in Minnesota.

Comment

I had my first trip to Finland last winter. Loved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X