Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boring 2018 Bracketology Thread - Here we go again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boring 2018 Bracketology Thread - Here we go again...

So everybody agrees it's a great idea other than the logistics of timing? I can live with that.
    scsuhockey.com
    CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
      So everybody agrees it's a great idea other than the logistics of timing? I can live with that.
      This is why NoDak has such an advantage. Their fans will easily travel 250 miles for a weekend to holler "Let's go Sioux...." (never mind it's Hawks now, but....). Gopher fans won't. Husky fans won't in those numbers. It's the advantage of rural No American red-neck-ism.... (And, I don't mean that as an insult. The reality is that the more rural people are more likely to be gonzo over their team.)

St Cloud can't bid enough to knock High School BB out of Target Center, or to get the Wild to suspend that weekend at the X. And, home arenas are off limits. St Cloud is as close to Sioux Falls as Grand Forks (closer, really), but you wouldn't get the same support as NoDak if the Huskies bid to host there. So, there is nowhere left.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken - and The Exiled One would know this better than me - but I believe SCSU's AD was asked about the possibility of hosting a regional at Target Center and basically declared no interest in doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
          If I'm not mistaken - and The Exiled One would know this better than me - but I believe SCSU's AD was asked about the possibility of hosting a regional at Target Center and basically declared no interest in doing so.
          Did you overhear our conversation? This is 100% true.

In fact, she's the one who informed me that conferences can host regionals.
          scsuhockey.com
          CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            Code:
            Bridgeport		Worcester	Allentown		Sioux Falls
            St Cloud		Cornell		Notre Dame		Mankato
            Minnesota		Ohio State	Clarkson		Denver
            Providence		Northeastern	Minn-Duluth		Michigan
            Mercyhurst		Omaha		Boston Coll		No Dakota
            BC is in as the projected Hockey East champion. They replace Western Michigan.
            BC and Omaha could be an easy switch there. What's funny in all of this is that Cornell is actually closer to Allentown than it is Bridgeport/Worcester. Also, looks like Clarkson is pretty much the same distance from Allentown, Worcester and Bridgeport.
            Last edited by J.D.; 02-20-2018, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Based on the current PWR, I'd expect some headaches trying to figure it out. There are a good number of possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                BC and Omaha could be an easy switch there. What's funny in all of this is that Cornell is actually closer to Allentown than it is Bridgeport/Worcester. Also, looks like Clarkson is pretty much the same distance from Allentown, Worcester and Bridgeport.
                Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Based on the current PWR, I'd expect some headaches trying to figure it out. There are a good number of possibilities.
                These things are true together, and that's exactly the curiosity. With the "Midwest" in Allentown, there are actually 3 eastern regionals. And, again, most of the teams will be from the West. Nice, eh?

Comment

Friday night....

#1s: SCSU, NoDame, Cornell, Mankato
                  #2s: Denver, OSU, Clark, UMD
                  #3s: Minn, Prov, Mich, N’East
                  #4s: Omaha, NoDak, NoMich, AHA
                  Sioux Falls: Mankato v NoDak….Den v N’East
                  Allentown: NoDame v NoMich….Clark v Prov
                  Bridgeport: Cornell v Omaha….OSU v Mich
                  Worcester: SCSU v AHA…..UMD v Minn

We want: Prov in Worcester, OSU in Allentown, the UMD-Minn game at Sioux Falls….

Thus:
                  Sioux Falls: Mankato v NoDak….UMD v Minn
                  Allentown: NoDame v NoMich….OSU v Mich
                  Bridgeport: Cornell v Omaha….Den v N’East
                  Worcester: SCSU v AHA….. Clark v Prov

Which would be perfect, except for OSU-Mich. So, we are left with two choices:
                  A) Where we preserve the Eastern schools in the Eastern regionals, but lose OSU from Allentown
                  Allentown: NoDame v NoMich….Den v Mich
                  Bridgeport: Cornell v Omaha….OSU v N’East
                  Worcester: SCSU v AHA….. Clark v Prov, or

B) Where we keep OSU in Allentown, but N’eastern goes to Allentown as well, which is not extra flights
                  Allentown: NoDame v NoMich….OSU v N’Eastern
                  Bridgeport: Cornell v Omaha….Den v Mich
                  Worcester: SCSU v AHA….. Clark v Prov

And, in the PWR, note BC and PSU rising, and W Mich fallen out of the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                    Legendary

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                      Legendary
                      That would be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post

Couldn't ask for a better Regional.
                        "My greatest achievement."
                        Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

• Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                          Couldn't ask for a better Regional.
                          It puts the “region” back in Regional

Comment

• NMU falls to 16.

So for us to get in, I'm guessing a deep playoff run.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Saturday Night:

#2s: Denver, OSU, Clarkson, UMD
                              #3s: Minn, Mich, N’Eastern, Providence
                              #4s: PSU, Omaha, NoDak, AHA

(First note that any conference upset knocks NoDak out of the field. Personally, I think that an upset in WCHA, HE or ECAC is quite likely, due to the small number of teams from those conferences presently in the field. NoDak might actually be the most interesting case to watch here. If NoDak is knocked out of the tournament, then it’s easy to put SCSU at Sioux Falls)

Since St Cloud can’t play at Sioux Falls, and NoDame can’t play in its natural place at Allentown (PSU is hosting, right?), then NoDame plays at Sioux Falls, and here we go……

Sioux Falls: NoDame v NoDak; Minn v UMD
                              Allentown: Mankato v PSU; OSU v N’eastern
                              B’Port: Cornell v Omaha; Denver v Providence
                              W’Cester: SCSU v AHA; Clarkson v Michigan

The following is merely by eyeballing the RPI right now. Of course, some unusual situation will likely develop in the next 2 weeks, because it always does.
                              For all WCHA teams except Mankato, win the tourney
                              For all HE teams except PC, NE and BC, win the tourney
                              For BC: 3 wins and a loss might get you in
                              For all ECAC teams except Clark and Corn, win the tourney
                              For PC and NE, probably 'don't get swept on home ice' will be enough.
                              AHA: Obviously, win the tourney.
                              NCHC: One week left of conf play.
                              Western Mich clearly needs to at least split this weekend, and then win one round of playoffs (.500 rule)
                              Omaha needs something similar, unless they go all the way to the NCHC finals.
                              CC, Miami: Win the tourney
                              NoDak: Better than .500 from here on out will raise their RPI a little, and keep them safe, barring Omaha's results. (Current RPI is almost identical between those 2)
                              SCSU, DU, UMD likely in
                              B10: NoDame, OSU in
                              Minn and Mich want to avoid a sweep, which could kill their RPI.
                              PSU: Needs to win the round against Minn (which, judging by this weekend, won't be tough. What a horrible weekend for the Rodents)
                              Wisc and MSU: Win the tourney

Comment

• Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                                Saturday Night:

#2s: Denver, OSU, Clarkson, UMD
                                #3s: Minn, Mich, N’Eastern, Providence
                                #4s: PSU, Omaha, NoDak, AHA

(First note that any conference upset knocks NoDak out of the field. Personally, I think that an upset in WCHA, HE or ECAC is quite likely, due to the small number of teams from those conferences presently in the field. NoDak might actually be the most interesting case to watch here. If NoDak is knocked out of the tournament, then it’s easy to put SCSU at Sioux Falls)

Since St Cloud can’t play at Sioux Falls, and NoDame can’t play in its natural place at Allentown (PSU is hosting, right?), then NoDame plays at Sioux Falls, and here we go……

Sioux Falls: NoDame v NoDak; Minn v UMD
                                Allentown: Mankato v PSU; OSU v N’eastern
                                B’Port: Cornell v Omaha; Denver v Providence
                                W’Cester: SCSU v AHA; Clarkson v Michigan

The following is merely by eyeballing the RPI right now. Of course, some unusual situation will likely develop in the next 2 weeks, because it always does.
                                For all WCHA teams except Mankato, win the tourney
                                For all HE teams except PC, NE and BC, win the tourney
                                For BC: 3 wins and a loss might get you in
                                For all ECAC teams except Clark and Corn, win the tourney
                                For PC and NE, probably 'don't get swept on home ice' will be enough.
                                AHA: Obviously, win the tourney.
                                NCHC: One week left of conf play.
                                Western Mich clearly needs to at least split this weekend, and then win one round of playoffs (.500 rule)
                                Omaha needs something similar, unless they go all the way to the NCHC finals.
                                CC, Miami: Win the tourney
                                NoDak: Better than .500 from here on out will raise their RPI a little, and keep them safe, barring Omaha's results. (Current RPI is almost identical between those 2)
                                SCSU, DU, UMD likely in
                                B10: NoDame, OSU in
                                Minn and Mich want to avoid a sweep, which could kill their RPI.
                                PSU: Needs to win the round against Minn (which, judging by this weekend, won't be tough. What a horrible weekend for the Rodents)
                                Wisc and MSU: Win the tourney
                                Bc right now would be the auto bid from hockey east and would knock out north dakota. Am i wrong?

Comment

Working...
                                X