X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WWE: Things Are About To Get Rowdy

Wow! FINALLY!!! SETH FREKAING ROLLINS!
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Now Kofi. What a night! Kofia Mania!!!
      AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        Now Kofi. What a night! Kofia Mania!!!
        Gotta be happy for Kofi.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
          Gotta be happy for Kofi.
          Have to imagine he and the New Day are in for a well deserved night out on the town this evening..
          AF 99

Comment

Bork lost.
            Kofi won.
            The Man won.

They actually listened.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

good results, yes.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Bork lost.
                Kofi won.
                The Man won.

They actually listened.
                Wrestling is better than the things you like!
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                  Gotta be happy for Kofi.
                  He knew in advance, though. I mean, it's all a work, right? Honest question. Since I was about 8 I have assumed it's completely scripted. Nothing wrong with that; so is Shakespeare. But would you say, "Welp, gotta be happy for Helena, she finally got Bertram!"
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Bork lost.
                    Kofi won.
                    The Man won.

They actually listened.
                    The botched the finish to the Rousey match. Big time.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      He knew in advance, though. I mean, it's all a work, right? Honest question. Since I was about 8 I have assumed it's completely scripted. Nothing wrong with that; so is Shakespeare. But would you say, "Welp, gotta be happy for Helena, she finally got Bertram!"
                      Brock was shocked that taker didn’t kick out.....
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        It’s more of a “I’m happy to see this guy finally rewarded for all the work he’s done.” They don’t just put the belt on anyone (Well, WCW did but let’s not talk about that), it’s supposed to be a symbol that you’re the top person in the company.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          The question is, how far in advance do they let him know? I agree, he knew prior to going out there, but is it 3 days prior? That day? Hours before?

But yes, what JJ said. He's put in so much time, the grind, not often in the spotlight until The New Day became a fan favorite of sorts. Nice to see him get this push and that moment.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            The question is, how far in advance do they let him know? I agree, he knew prior to going out there, but is it 3 days prior? That day? Hours before?
                            Vince/the booking team have been known to change the scripted outcome of matches the day of, even up to right before the match happens.

There are some personnel who go out of their way not to be told what's going to happen either, that way their response is more genuine. Paul Heyman (Brock's manager) wasn't told Brock was going to be breaking The Streak until the moment it happened - the infamous shot of him clutching his head screaming "OH MY GOD!" is the result.
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                              Vince/the booking team have been known to change the scripted outcome of matches the day of, even up to right before the match happens.

There are some personnel who go out of their way not to be told what's going to happen either, that way their response is more genuine. Paul Heyman (Brock's manager) wasn't told Brock was going to be breaking The Streak until the moment it happened - the infamous shot of him clutching his head screaming "OH MY GOD!" is the result.
                              Ya, I've heard the same, maybe even from you previously (I can't remember).

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                                That's fascinating. If I were an announcer I wouldn't want to know. I'd want to do it straight and be surprised along with the audience. That would make me the voice of the audience.

Is there a safeword for when someone f-cks up and gets hurt? I assume at this point kayfabe is broken in a medical emergency since otherwise Vince would be sued into oblivion.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X