Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WWE: Things Are About To Get Rowdy

Originally posted by The Rube
    I remember going to a movie with some friends back in the day, and while we were hanging out in the lobby, one of my friends (not a wrestling fan), said, "You know, if there is any guy I would not want to get into a fight with, it'd be that guy" and points to this one ugly sumbeech.

A couple of us look over.....it was Animal of the Road Warriors.

We obviously agreed with our friend.
    Yeah, those guys were no joke. They were bouncers prior to breaking into wrestling.

Originally posted by Slap Shot
    After looking through their bios there's a few that started in the WWF.

Adrian Adonis - no
    Nick Bockwinkle -no
    The Crusher - no
    Jim Brunzell - no
    Jerry Blackwell - no
    Ric Flair - no
    Greg and Verne Gagne - no
    Hulk Hogan - yes WWF
    Superstar Billy Graham - no
    Curt and Larry Hennig - no
    Sheik Adnan El Kaissey - no
    Jerry Lawler - no
    Rick Martel - yes WWF
    Wahoo McDaniel - no
    Ken Patera - no
    Dusty Rhodes - no
    The Road Warriors - no
    Sgt. Slaughter - no
    Superfly Snuka - yes WWF
    Mad Dog Vachon - no
    Jesse The Body - no
    Baron von Raschke - no
    Curt Hennig's case was interesting as he worked both AWA and WWF in '81.

Originally posted by DrDemento
    Can't recall and i cannot really render any sort of decision on what kind of guy he was. In the office as a patient he was very nice and a complete gentleman. He was willing to pose for a few photos next to Jenny who is 4'10" and about 105 lbs. We actually saw him several times, some for minor issues (you can imagine some of the skin problems that someone of that size could suffer from especially in the summer heat) and then was called into the hospital to see him for a burn he sustained. From what i understood, he earned a fairly sizeable income for a few years but had some major difficulties in his personal life after leaving this area.

Although we had many sports figures and celebrities as patients over the years, he was the only professional wrestler i can recall but will check later with Jen who has virtually an instant recall of the more than 50,000 patients we have seen over the years.
    Bigelow was one of the best big men ever. On another note you mentioned the announcer Dennis James do you remember the announcers Ray Morgan, Jimmie Lake, Lonnie Starr and Johnnie Addie? Not sure if you had the chance to look at the clips I suggested but here they are:

Karl Von Hess vs. Ricki Starr
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUAtQXnRtUE

Buddy Rogers, Handsome Johnny Barend & Magnificent Maurice vs. Sailor Art Thomas, Bobo Brazil & Dory Dixon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hatwvl15FCs

Comment

Anybody know of this woman?

Hana Kimura, the Japanese pro wrestler who starred in Netflix’s “Terrace House,” has died. She was 22.

Kimura’s death was confirmed Friday by Stardom Wrestling, which promotes pro women’s wrestling in Japan. The organization didn’t give a cause of death, but the reality star had posted messages on social media implying she had been bullied online
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by LAKingsFan26 View Post
        Yeah, those guys were no joke. They were bouncers prior to breaking into wrestling.
        I love that Ivan Putski worked as head of security for a Texas high school after retiring. Those are the luckiest boys on Earth. I'd have made trouble just to get into a hold with him.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Anybody know of this woman?
          Yeah, I was reading about that today.

She was apparently a rising star among the Japanese scene. She was part of a women’s match at the Tokyo Dome for Wrestle Kingdom (Japan’s WrestleMania), something that hadn’t happened in decades.

She was a reality show called Terrace House where she blew up and smacked another house guest because he washed her wrestling gear with his stuff and her gear shrank and didn’t fit anymore (her gear was the outfit she wore at the Tokyo Dome show and had special significance). That show has pretty toxic fanbase (toxic enough that wrestling fans are shocked at how bad it is) and went after her on social media, driving her to suicide.

One of the sad aspects is she was friends with WWE wrestlers Asuka and Io Shirai who saw her messages and tried to get people to go help her but because of the time difference they were too late.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Yeah, I was reading about that today.

She was apparently a rising star among the Japanese scene. She was part of a women’s match at the Tokyo Dome for Wrestle Kingdom (Japan’s WrestleMania), something that hadn’t happened in decades.

She was a reality show called Terrace House where she blew up and smacked another house guest because he washed her wrestling gear with his stuff and her gear shrank and didn’t fit anymore (her gear was the outfit she wore at the Tokyo Dome show and had special significance). That show has pretty toxic fanbase (toxic enough that wrestling fans are shocked at how bad it is) and went after her on social media, driving her to suicide.

One of the sad aspects is she was friends with WWE wrestlers Asuka and Io Shirai who saw her messages and tried to get people to go help her but because of the time difference they were too late.
            That really sucks. I can't imagine being driven there now, but I also remember 22.
            Cornell University

Comment

Anybody watch the AEW PPV yesterday?

Comment

I and my wrestling fan friends knew that part; and the bar they bounced at was more than a bit shady. It wasn't like they were bouncing for Studio 54 or anything.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by LAKingsFan26 View Post
                  Anybody watch the AEW PPV yesterday?
                  Yes. The stadium match was one of the nuttiest, craziest, most hilarious things I’ve seen! Plus Hikaru Shida winning was fantastic as well.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Bam Bam's burns were from saving children from a fire.
                    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                      Bam Bam's burns were from saving children from a fire.
                      It was quite a while ago but I know that the fire that caused his injuries was from a barbecue that went awry. I do not think it was at his home but at one nearby.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

It was quite a while ago but I know that the fire that caused his injuries was from a barbecue that went awry. I do not think it was at his home but at one nearby.
                        WHOA! That's crazy. On another note did you see the vids I posted and remember those other names I mentioned?

Comment

WHOA! That's crazy. On another note did you see the vids I posted and remember those other names I mentioned?
                          Honestly have not had much time this past week -but has anyone talked about the Killer Kowalski vs. Yukon Eric match here? I believe you might be able to find some of it on YouTube. As for me, wrestling became less interesting the night that the Zebra Kid lost and was supposed to finally be unmasked in the ring to finally show his face. i was a kid and waited up until almost midnight for this until my mother threw a pillow at me and chased me off to bed while shutting off the old Dumont TV. I had heard over the next week that they were never able to take the mask off as he bolted from the ring (or so I assumed).

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Honestly have not had much time this past week -but has anyone talked about the Killer Kowalski vs. Yukon Eric match here? I believe you might be able to find some of it on YouTube
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mss3L0M8b2U
                            Cornell University

Comment

Shame they did not show the match where Killer allegedly took off that part of Yukon's ear previously.

Comment

Shame they did not show the match where Killer allegedly took off that part of Yukon's ear previously.
                                Wonder if it's available on YouTube. Appreciate Kepler sharing the clip. Here's some more '50s and '60s wrestling:

Antonino Rocca & Miguel Perez vs. The Graham Brothers
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnYXwFO73ms

Buddy Rogers vs. Johnny Valentine
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqPg2Keu3O8

Comment

Working...
                                X