Oil for The Gears, Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil for The Gears, Revisited

We used to have one of these threads for things that make you smile.

Yesterday - listening to Indian (dot not feather) employees squirm on the other end of the line when a project they thought they had control over gets commandeered and picked apart by a female project manager with way more knowledge than they have.

Told my HR manager that I was out of the closet. She told me I could come to work however I wanted.

A few people gave me grief for my outfits. Went back to HR with their names. I am no longer getting grief for what I wear.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Re: Oil for The Gears, Revisited

They prolly just jealous .....
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

This sign:

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          This sign:

My parents were getting off a cruise ship in San Diego yesterday, and ended up observing the march there. Mom texted me two signs - "SuperCallousFascistRacistExtraBraggadocious", and "Don't blame me, I voted with the majority".

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            My parents were getting off a cruise ship in San Diego yesterday, and ended up observing the march there. Mom texted me two signs - "SuperCallousFascistRacistExtraBraggadocious", and "Don't blame me, I voted with the majority".
            Popular or Electoral?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Couple weeks ago, I was coming home from work. Guy pulls around me doing at least 70 in a 55. I catch up to him at a stop sign; he had to slow down for a school bus.
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Scheduled 2 weeks of PTO for this year. Notified that I have 22.5 days of PTO left to schedule.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  Couple weeks ago, I was coming home from work. Guy pulls around me doing at least 70 in a 55. I catch up to him at a stop sign; he had to slow down for a school bus.
                  Reminds me of a driving trip I made once from downtown Chicago to west side, on Washington Blvd. The lights are timed there (at least they were, back then...), if you go at a steady 28 mph each light will turn green a few moments before you reach it. There was a guy in one lane who'd race to each light, stop and wait, and I'd pass by him at every light, only to have him repeat his racing ahead and waiting, while I'd then pass him again....after about five times he finally caught on and tried to drive slowly enough to time the lights as well, but eventually he just couldn't help himself.
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Yesterday, Bill Maher was showing signs from last week's protests:

"I'd call Trump a c-nt, but he lacks depth and warmth"

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Yesterday, Bill Maher was showing signs from last week's protests:

"I'd call Trump a c-nt, but he lacks depth and warmth"
                      Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus. That is CLASSIC!
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This Will to Tick Off The Right Wing Snowflakes Especially Jeff Sessions

San Francisco will retroactively apply California’s marijuana-legalization laws to past criminal cases, District Attorney George Gascón said Wednesday — expunging or reducing misdemeanor and felony convictions going back decades.

MOST POPULAR
                        SF tourist industry struggles to explain street misery to... SF will wipe thousands of marijuana convictions off the books Oakland City Council has its own Donald Trump What the Alex Smith trade could mean for 49ers and Jimmy... In wake of Sapporo beer deal, Anchor Distilling rechristened... Russell Westbrook, Thunder posing serious threat to Warriors SF’s oldest gay bar closes after five decades
                        The unprecedented move will affect thousands of people whose marijuana convictions brand them with criminal histories that can hurt chances of finding jobs and obtaining some government benefits.

Proposition 64, which state voters passed in November 2016, legalized the recreational use of marijuana in California for those 21 and older and permitted the possession up to 1 ounce of cannabis. The legislation also allows those with past marijuana convictions that would have been lesser crimes — or no crime at all — under Prop. 64 to petition a court to recall or dismiss their cases.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus. That is CLASSIC!
                          Yeah, I about died at that point.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Some folks say that smoking herb is a crime
                            And if they catch us smoking
                            They're bound to drop a dime

Comment

Me: Most bigots have Mommy and Daddy issues that weren't rectified in counseling.
                              My friend: But they never sought counseling. They think they're perfect.

Conversation at dinner last night.

Comment

Working...
                              X