Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oil for The Gears, Revisited

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Also, darts is the most lit sporting event.
    Is audience drinking compulsory there?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      Is audience drinking compulsory there?
      Participant drinking is compulsory.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        Brains of a turnip but not hard on the eyes.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          This made my day.
          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            Bob Ross was a sergeant in the Air Force - he did a lot of yelling as part of his job, and he got so uncomfortable doing it that after he got out he vowed to never raise his voice again.
            That was my maternal grandpa. Army guy, served in Germany (have a photo of him on border patrol over there after the War ended). He only raised his voice once in my lifetime (that I experienced). When he said something in a normal voice, you listened. I was scared sh*less when he actually raised his voice that time, because I never heard that before. He was very soft-spoken, and a VERY affable person.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Kaitlin Bennett ("Ohio State Gun Girl") goes to Ohio University a campus to start sh-t, gets chased off campus.

Her whining about it makes it even better.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I wish people would just ignore her, like the preacher who comes to every college campus every single fall trying to hand out literature. It's exactly these reactions she's looking for, and I'm tired of this redneck twit getting her 15 mins every month.
                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 02-17-2020, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Last night, a friend of mine used her Shipt membership to get me crackers, Vernors, chicken noodle soup, and Jell-O. Wasn't prepared for a stomach bug, and she helped.
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

We all need some good news:

For years, this board has encouraged me to leave my stepfather, but financially, I could never do it. However, with my foot surgery and him not working, we fell behind on rent, and we received a notice to pay up or get out. Knowing he'd been making some awful transphobic comments, I was considering checking myself into a women's shelter while I looked for a place of my own. A friend of mine offered up her place to stay while I look for a place of my own, and in about an hour and a half, I'll be checking in!

Comment

Things that make me feel good:

A guy comes into the laundromat yesterday evening and tells me "you look like an old-*** man. YOU DO." Same individual thought he could start a load at 8:01 PM (last load at 8 PM) and the person behind the counter told him to leave.

Comment

The version from Bo Burnham's Netflix Special inside is better cause the visuals totally nail it but this song made my day better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIhUHF6ppoo

To get an idea what the real video is like here is part of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51nXOCOTrJY
                          Last edited by Handyman; 06-02-2021, 07:12 PM.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Jon Oliver is a National Treasure
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

A palate cleanser as the world goes to crap: https://***********/Jsheff001/status...52417613930497
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

My wife noticed some flashing lights outside around 11ish and I jumped up to look. Saw a cop barricading the street. Ran upstairs, and the house three doors down was clearly on fire. Grabbed a jacket and said "I'm grabbing blankets and seeing who needs help." Got outside, fire trucks up and down the street, and by now the house was fully engulfed. Everyone got out safe. Which was good, so at that point I was just wanting to make sure everyone had a place for the night and somewhere warm to go if they needed.

Noticed a guy clearly operating on pure adrenaline and asked if he needed somewhere warm to step in. He said no, they've got family in the area. Turns out it was the guy next to the house on fire. His wife and three year old were in the car. Eventually it got a little later and I offered again as they were moving their car. This time they said yeah, they needed somewhere warm to regroup.

Delightful couple we met on Halloween with their three year old during trick or treating. So we had them over for a couple hours (jeebus it got late) while they let the adrenaline work it's way out. The kid is absolutely brilliant for his age too. Talking about how the heart works and the constituents of blood.

Anyways, glad we offered to help. We were the only ones out there from this half of the neighborhood. Might have made a couple of new friends.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X