Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    So, is the Israeli Attorney General an anti-Semite for indicting Netenyahu?
    Nice
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I dont get it...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        I dont get it...
        I'm pretty sure you do.

Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You can say a lot of things about Netanyahu (oh and I have) but his love of Jews is unimpeachable. His brother died at Entebee which is why he is nutso Donald Trumpesque about Israel.

That said it will be a great day for Israel when he goes to prison. He set them back 30 years. His strategy when dealing with the Palestinians was not only wrong in principle but also an epic fail PR wise. Never cede the moral high ground. It was one thing when Arafat was in charge and he negotiating in bad faith while getting terrorists to attack by all means be hardlined but at this point the Palestinians look like the victims not the terrorists. Much like his good friend Dubya he took every ounce of good will he had, doused it kerosene and lit it on fire. I hope he rots...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You can say a lot of things about Netanyahu (oh and I have) but his love of Jews is unimpeachable.
            It's a joke. Bibi demonizes everybody who disagrees with him (much like Dump) and that's a LOT of Israelis as well as Jews from other lands. Hence, he hates plenty of Jews (though not for their Judaism).
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That said it will be a great day for Israel when he goes to prison. He set them back 30 years. His strategy when dealing with the Palestinians was not only wrong in principle but also an epic fail PR wise. Never cede the moral high ground. It was one thing when Arafat was in charge and he negotiating in bad faith while getting terrorists to attack by all means be hardlined but at this point the Palestinians look like the victims not the terrorists. Much like his good friend Dubya he took every ounce of good will he had, doused it kerosene and lit it on fire. I hope he rots...
              A lot of this has to be Labour's fault, though, right? How the ef do they keep losing to this crook and his merry band of psychopaths? They must be really, really terrible at politics.
              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                A lot of this has to be Labour's fault, though, right? How the ef do they keep losing to this crook and his merry band of psychopaths? They must be really, really terrible at politics.
                From what I understand (and I am a novice) it is on Labour but more because of the death of Rabin than anything. Despite the fact that quite a large percentage of the population didnt like the idea of giving land back (including a close relative I have there) his progressive agenda was working. Then he was killed by a hardliner (who is in the same group as my relative) and Shimon Perez did his best but was never seen as strong enough politically to get things done. (he was in his second stint in the job...as was Rabin...Bibi I think his THIRD...Parliaments are weird) Since then they havent been able to find a Progressive that can really fight against the Nationalism of the New Likud.

I remember liking Netanyahu the first time he was PM (96-99) but I knew nothing of the foreign policy at the time. Likud had a better rep then but just like here it went Neo-Con fast and hard. Now I dont understand how anyone supports it or him. Israel needs this scandal to be the tip of the iceberg so Likud can go away for a while. Then they need someone better than Ehud Barak to take the reins...preferably someone not my Father's age.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Now I dont understand how anyone supports it or him.
                  I assume (knowingly basically nothing about the specifics) that Israelis are quite rightfully scared AF and they think they have to play Warsaw Ghetto with the Palestinians to control them and the carnage. That seems to be behind most reactionary right retrenchments. I'm sure there's a huge heaping helping of racism from the true right as well as the famous major league herpa-derp from their ultra-orthodox fundies, but Israel is a highly educated country so there must be a large number of people who should know better who feel they have no choice but to hold their nose and vote Likud to protect their kids.

A sensible left ought to be able to offer serious, practical solutions that don't amount to an apartheid state, but either they just haven't or the population is so traumatized they are in a perpetual post-9/11 state and waving the bloody shirt always works.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Trump says that NK demanded an end to all sanctions. NK counters saying they requested an end to only some of the sanctions.

Its a strange feeling to expect that a US president is lying and a brutal 3rd world dictator is telling the truth.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

There was a moment when Kim was asked about human rights by reporters and f-cking Donald Trump steps in before Kim can answer and deflects for him.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        There was a moment when Kim was asked about human rights by reporters and f-cking Donald Trump steps in before Kim can answer and deflects for him.
                        Enneagram Type 6. Guaranteed.

Level 6: To compensate for insecurities, they become sarcastic and belligerent, blaming others for their problems, taking a tough stance toward "outsiders." Highly reactive and defensive, dividing people into friends and enemies, while looking for threats to their own security. Authoritarian while fearful of authority, highly suspicious, yet, conspiratorial, and fear-instilling to silence their own fears.

https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/type-6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxFghO0lUFs&t=357s
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          Trump says that NK demanded an end to all sanctions. NK counters saying they requested an end to only some of the sanctions.
                          Crazy times when you have to weigh whether your own president is being more or less honest than the leader of NK.

Comment

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              But not thin-skinned.

Do you think the wingnuts will ever admit that Hillary was right all along about this guy? Will Sicatoka or Hovey? Any other of the so-called centrists?

I'm guessing no.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

If nothing else, this is by far the most petty and thin-skinned administration since John Adams.

Comment

Working...
                                X