Science: Everything explained by PV=nRT, F=ma=Gm(1)•m(2)/r^2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Science: Everything explained by PV=nRT, F=ma=Gm(1)•m(2)/r^2

@CBC: A piece of Canada that broke off about 1.7 billion years ago has been found in Australia. | @CBCNews http://www.cbc.ca/1.4508780
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      @CBC: A piece of Canada that broke off about 1.7 billion years ago has been found in Australia. | @CBCNews http://www.cbc.ca/1.4508780
      Should be almost sober by now.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Brilliant
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

More rocks. Dinosaurs found in Gteenbelt, MD

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-outside-d-c/
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
            You are correct, you are just smart enough to be dangerous

There are plenty of reasons hospitals are not profitable. There are laws requiring us to treat who shows up to our ED. Hospitals have to absorb those that do not have insurance and this costs much more than insurance squeezing things. Look around the country and see why hospitals are going out of business. They are usually in rural or underserved areas and have too high a proportion of uninsured. If uninsured goes up in the US, more hospitals will close.

The hospital systems that are successful are usually not because they have better outcomes. They control their market better and do so at the cost of humanity. They have administrators that are good at altering the numbers to make them look good. If you took the top 10 hospitals in US news whatever...they all do this. Did you know that you can "erase" a bad outcome if you flip a patients bed from an inpatient bed to a hospice bed after a bad outcome on a surgery? It looks like they were discharged alive to the numbers that matter for rankings but they could have died minutes after that clerical trick. The "top" hospitals are doing this.

Did you know that Cleveland Clinic makes every effort to hide their emergency room to avoid serving the very poor community that their campus is in (which they had to have in order to continue in the community)? Did you know that Mayo and other profitable systems take preference for private insurance over medicare and medicaid? Why are some of the worst/underserved neighborhoods in Baltimore around Johns Hopkins?

You can make a hospital system profitable but that does not translate to better outcomes. You can also lose the purpose of healthcare in the process. You are not serving the community, you are hurting those most in need in the name of profits. These profitable systems abandon the most needy in their communities and represent part of what is wrong in our system.
            I spent a few months in Cleveland on a project to help a hospital with exactly what you just said. They were near Cleveland clinic and got all the poor, uninsured and other non desirable patients. Was a nightmare

Comment

How many of you believe in Evolution? Survival of the FITTEST??? I mean, ever thought that the best thing to do, in light of the issue of overpopulation is to just let the stupid die off if that is what they choose to do? And the poor? Why do we care so **** much about the poor? Survival of the Fittest would argue that both groups, the stupid and the poor should be left to just DIE already.

My guess is several of you would claim NOT to be "Christians" anymore, yet you still act like it. Christians talk about the "True believers", the ones who truly live according to their beliefs, well, where are all of the "True believers" in Evolution???

I mean, if hospitals are losing money, stop letting the poor and uninsured in, let em die!!! Wouldn't you be doing the whole world a favor?

Or don't you people truly believe in Evolution? I don't get it? Why all of the compassion and good will towards the poor and the stupid???

Comment

Bad performance art.

Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Bad performance art.

Good performance art
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Good performance art
                    a performance, maybe? Good? Depends on who you ask. Seems pretty PAGAN to me? I'm sure the poor of the world are SO pleased with all the money spend on the building, the altar, the pagan costumes, etc.. What a slap in the face to the truly needy of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                      How many of you believe in Evolution? Survival of the FITTEST??? I mean, ever thought that the best thing to do, in light of the issue of overpopulation is to just let the stupid die off if that is what they choose to do? And the poor? Why do we care so **** much about the poor? Survival of the Fittest would argue that both groups, the stupid and the poor should be left to just DIE already.

My guess is several of you would claim NOT to be "Christians" anymore, yet you still act like it. Christians talk about the "True believers", the ones who truly live according to their beliefs, well, where are all of the "True believers" in Evolution???

I mean, if hospitals are losing money, stop letting the poor and uninsured in, let em die!!! Wouldn't you be doing the whole world a favor?

Or don't you people truly believe in Evolution? I don't get it? Why all of the compassion and good will towards the poor and the stupid???
                      The nice thing is that evolution doesn't have to be believed in - it's just objectively true. It's not an ideal to be fostered and pursued; it is neither good nor bad - it is just a fact that every species can change genetically over time depending on which genes are most helpful in allowing them to reach reproductive maturity and actually procreate within the environmental conditions that they face.
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post

What an odd post.

First, why is compassion for the less fortunate a "Christian" thing? Compassion is part of human nature, not exclusive to Christianity nor even religion as a whole.

Second- why are you assuming that the poor are the ones who are the ones in line for evolutionary consequences? Last I checked, all of the "issues" that would be "solved" by applying harsh evolutionary spotlight on them are pretty equally distributed among all classes- everyone has defect problems that hamper their ability to survive on their own. The only reason the "rich" can get a pass is that they can afford to keep their poor line of offspring alive.

Third- money and the concept around it is a human thing, so using that as some kind of filter for evolution is total crap.

Fourth- the ability to take care of others, thus dealing with flaws in humans that would net in early death for most animals is very unique. Which means the whole idea of having a doctor perform any action to keep a person alive negates any application of "evolution" to the human race.

All in all, your post is misplaced on many lines.

Comment

Science is dead. Move to France.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                            The nice thing is that evolution doesn't have to be believed in - it's just objectively true. It's not an ideal to be fostered and pursued; it is neither good nor bad - it is just a fact that every species can change genetically over time depending on which genes are most helpful in allowing them to reach reproductive maturity and actually procreate within the environmental conditions that they face.
                            So the "Theory" of Evolution is not a theory anymore?

And so it doesn't even have to be "believed", it just is? And hence my question, why do humans then, do so much to usurp the natural way of things? Why do we help the weak to survive? Does this not weaken the human race? Shouldn't we let the weak not survive?

I'm not saying, I'm just asking. It's a philosophical question, if evolution just is, why do humans not cooperate with it? What is the purpose or reasoning behind such acts? How does it help the human race? According to evolution, compassion for the less fortunate is a weakness. What happens when there are too many deer in an area? Disease ends up reducing the population unless humans allow each other to hunt them. So why do we continue to fight against nature? If its not compassion shown to less fortunate humans, its vegans thinking its wrong to kill poor little ole bambi's momma or poppa?

Comment

Watch, he’s going to ask why there are still monkeys if evolution exists.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Watch, he’s going to ask why there are still monkeys if evolution exists.
                                The 1%ers became human?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X