This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Science: Everything explained by PV=nRT, F=ma=Gm(1)•m(2)/r^2

SpaceX blew the landing. Landed in the ocean just short of the Cape.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

How close would YOU get to the launchpad??

https://jalopnik.com/watch-a-soyuz-r...1830910545/amp
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

China Preps for Launch of Historic Mission to Moon's Far Side on Friday

https://www.space.com/42647-china-mo...ge4-ready.html
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Single celled amoeba solves complex "Traveling Salesman" problems naturally and much faster than computer algorithms.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Krakatoa lost quite a bit of its mass

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-46707731
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

3 things of interest

1. New Horizons made its rendezvous with Ultima Thule on the 1st. First picture shows a rust colored snowman shaped object.

2. China landed a probe on the far side of the moon. They're using a satellite at the Earth-Moon L2 point to send the signal back

3. SpaceX has rolled Crew Dragon out to Pad 39A. The unmanned demo flight will be later this month.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                3 things of interest

1. New Horizons made its rendezvous with Ultima Thule on the 1st. First picture shows a rust colored snowman shaped object.

2. China landed a probe on the far side of the moon. They're using a satellite at the Earth-Moon L2 point to send the signal back

3. SpaceX has rolled Crew Dragon out to Pad 39A. The unmanned demo flight will be later this month.
                4. OSIRIS-REx is orbiting the asteroid Bennu, surveying for a good place to do a biopsy.
                Last edited by Kepler; 01-04-2019, 08:57 AM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marshal...el-60-minutes/

This is an incredible story and I hope all of it comes true.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marshal...el-60-minutes/

This is an incredible story and I hope all of it comes true.
                    First, that's really cool. I hope that tech makes its way into common use sooner rather than later.

Second, what are the downstream consequences? It seems like a good way for some third-world nation to start yet another deforestation project into order to capitalize on more agriculture land on these sugar-rich plants.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      First, that's really cool. I hope that tech makes its way into common use sooner rather than later.

Second, what are the downstream consequences? It seems like a good way for some third-world nation to start yet another deforestation project into order to capitalize on more agriculture land on these sugar-rich plants.
                      In response to #2. That appears to be one of the major problems. We need to do a better job on preventing deforestation. I'm not studied up enough to know the answer.

But, for example, this appears to be directly related to algae and some of the stuff that was done there? I would imagine if it all could be algae based that would be easy enough to produce in mass quantities and cheaper than ripping forest down. Just one idea.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The general concept seems awesome. But I would imagine there are many unforeseen consequences that would make it workable but suboptimal. You'd think its better to just ride other renewables solar/wind hard.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

On the other hand, there must be something in the air and/or water in India.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...epics-contain/
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            The general concept seems awesome. But I would imagine there are many unforeseen consequences that would make it workable but suboptimal. You'd think its better to just ride other renewables solar/wind hard.
                            No. We need as many alternatives as we can get. Part of what this is doing is potentially solving the Plastic Problem.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              On the other hand, there must be something in the air and/or water in India.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...epics-contain/
                              Next they're going to be talking about virgins girls giving birth to gods.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Next they're going to be talking about virgins girls giving birth to gods.
                                Or that democracy (ne 500 BC) depends logically on Christianity (ne 50 AD).
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X