X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Science: Everything explained by PV=nRT, F=ma=Gm(1)•m(2)/r^2

ISS leaking air

Time for Duct tape to prove its quality again.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      ISS leaking air

Time for Duct tape to prove its quality again.
      Surprised they didn't use Beemans first.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Doesn't Sik argue that JFK was killed by sinister forces?
        He didnt get shot by friendly forces

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Paging Dr. Hellstrom

@CTVNews: Bye bye bugs? Scientists fear non-pest insects are declining http://ctv.news/KxYd7zl
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Paging Dr. Hellstrom

@CTVNews: Bye bye bugs? Scientists fear non-pest insects are declining http://ctv.news/KxYd7zl
            If they weren't, it would be a surprise. This like all other forms of life on the planet.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Brian Wansink ("Mindless Eating") resigns after 6 papers retracted and investigation finds research misconduct

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018...onduct-finding
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/storm-w...ge-60-minutes/

Saw this on 60 Minutes yesterday. The Dutch had a bad Storm Surge in the 50's. So they changed the way they do things and they haven't had a storm surge problem since. But here in the US we just keep rebuilding everything exactly the same and keep funneling billions of dollars into things that we know will eventually be destroyed.

Why? Why is America this ****ing dumb?
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Saw this on 60 Minutes yesterday. The Dutch had a bad Storm Surge in the 50's. So they changed the way they do things and they haven't had a storm surge problem since. But here in the US we just keep rebuilding everything exactly the same and keep funneling billions of dollars into things that we know will eventually be destroyed.

Well, you gave us the link that stated the NC state legislature banned the use of science in affecting is laws. I really think we should leave NC to its own devices and see where that gets them. Maybe then they'd understand what Puerto Rico has gone through this past year.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Well, you gave us the link that stated the NC state legislature banned the use of science in affecting is laws. I really think we should leave NC to its own devices and see where that gets them. Maybe then they'd understand what Puerto Rico has gone through this past year.
                    Weird. Link works for me. Search for "60 Minutes How Dutch stormwater management" in Google and it should give you the right thing.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

We don't like dikes.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

We don't like dikes.
                        Well, their entire country is under sea level and they don't flood. Puerto Rico could be built that way. New Orleans, The East Coast. Florida, etc. Houston for cripes sake. Houston is a newer city and look at how bad they ****ed that up. It's like blind mice engineered the whole ****ing city.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Well, their entire country is under sea level and they don't flood. Puerto Rico could be built that way. New Orleans, The East Coast. Florida, etc. Houston for cripes sake. Houston is a newer city and look at how bad they ****ed that up. It's like blind mice engineered the whole ****ing city.
                          That much rain in a small area is going to flood, no matter what you do. You have to realize that the river is going to flood and flood bigly at some point and allow for pristine flood plains to allow the water to spill out safely.

For our brethren along the shore, they're called barrier islands for a reason.

New Orleans is a different case. It should have been Venice, but....
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

That much rain in a small area is going to flood, no matter what you do. You have to realize that the river is going to flood and flood bigly at some point and allow for pristine flood plains to allow the water to spill out safely.

For our brethren along the shore, they're called barrier islands for a reason.

New Orleans is a different case. It should have been Venice, but....
                            The Dutch accounted for all of that. Watch the piece. Believe in Engineering. I do. Just not in this ****ing country.

Comment

Weird. Link works for me. Search for "60 Minutes How Dutch stormwater management" in Google and it should give you the right thing.
                              No, sorry, I meant in an earlier post, prior to Florence making landfall you linked something I stated earlier.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The Dutch accounted for all of that. Watch the piece. Believe in Engineering. I do. Just not in this ****ing country.
                                where is the money in that ?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X