Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Science: Everything explained by PV=nRT, F=ma=Gm(1)•m(2)/r^2

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Consider it's got pretty well irradiated in the Van Allen Belt and every minute since it left the atmosphere, I don't know if anyone wants it back.
    Irradiated doesn't mean it will become radioactive nor will it likely retain any significant amount of radioactive material.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Irradiated doesn't mean it will become radioactive nor will it likely retain any significant amount of radioactive material.
      But the sun fade will be pretty bad in short order.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        But the sun fade will be pretty bad in short order.
        lol, didn't even think about that one. It's going to be a pink car by the time the martians see it.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          lol, didn't even think about that one. It's going to be a pink car by the time the martians see it.
          Will it? It's highly reflective, that should help.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I’m half joking. If musk is smart, he had that thing coated in a uh protective coating so he has an even better car ad in a year or two.

But still, the sun can be reflected all it wants. As soon as it starts cleaving the double bonds that help make colors, this car will eventually be bleached.
            Code:

Comment

Last picture of Starman

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be6VZEzgAEk/

And this

Check out @futurism’s Tweet: https://***********/futurism/status/961359299216855040

And:
              I do not know if this will help but the Roadster has been given a couple of designations. NORAD ID: 43205. Int'l Code: 2018-017A. – MichaelK 16 hours ago
              Last edited by joecct; 02-07-2018, 07:34 PM.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Last picture? Ever?
                Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Last picture? Ever?
                  The batteries ran dry, so unless NASA has a sense of humor and does a flyby by a interplanetary probe, I guess so.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

That’s super lame. And incredibly disappointing.
                    Code:

Comment

You'd think someone developing cars that run on batteries....

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        You'd think someone developing cars that run on batteries....
                        I would have put a Tesla solar panel with a Tesla power pack on board.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          I would have put a Tesla solar panel with a Tesla power pack on board.
                          Though, the problem with batteries is they are heavy. BUt on the other hand, I can't imagine this puppy was overloaded.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Though, the problem with batteries is they are heavy. BUt on the other hand, I can't imagine this puppy was overloaded.
                            Since the orbit is a bit further than what they wanted, I'd venture that they had room for more mass.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

What they did with that car probably represented the most effort they were willing to expend on a payload that stood a good chance of falling to earth in a ball of flame.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                                What they did with that car probably represented the most effort they were willing to expend on a payload that stood a good chance of falling to earth in a ball of flame.
                                No, it was way more than that- it could have been a big block of concrete to do the same job.

Comment

Working...
                                X