Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 572

Thread: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

  1. #541
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    120,823

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    I dunno about availability, that's a main issue with craft beer/distro:

    Southern Tier, New Holland Dragon's Milk S'mores variant, Nebraska Brewing Gimme S'more, Great Divide S'mores Yeti (although I don't think that is prime), Short's Smore's stout....
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  2. #542
    Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...
    Posts
    6,115

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    "Dessert" beers are a whole category that has a following. Obviously you've found the S'more variety. There is also takes on Ice Cream (Saugatuck Brewing Neopolitan Stout), Cookies (Southern Tier Brewing Thin Mints or Oatmeal Cookie), and of course Chocolate (4 Hands brewing out of STL seems to be pretty wide).

    Be that adult kid Kep. It's awesome
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

    Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

    Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

    Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

  3. #543
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    120,823

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    Pastry Stouts.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  4. #544
    Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...
    Posts
    6,115

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Pastry Stouts.
    That makes sense. As much as I like this style of beer, I never realized the official name of the sub-genre. I just used the term "Dessert Beer" and would give examples when chatting with people
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

    Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

    Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

    Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

  5. #545
    ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    The Workers' Paradise
    Posts
    72,867

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    "Dessert" beers are a whole category that has a following. Obviously you've found the S'more variety. There is also takes on Ice Cream (Saugatuck Brewing Neopolitan Stout), Cookies (Southern Tier Brewing Thin Mints or Oatmeal Cookie), and of course Chocolate (4 Hands brewing out of STL seems to be pretty wide).

    Be that adult kid Kep. It's awesome
    I had no idea. Looking around they are everywhere!

    On my list:

    Hardywood Gingerbread Stout
    Funky Buddha French Toast
    Wicked Weed Milk & Cookies (includes cinnamon and raisins)
    High Water Sugaree Maple Pecan Pie
    Reuben’s Brews Hazelnut Praline (14% ABV holy sh-t)
    High Water Campfire Stout
    Voodoo Donut

    I have had Southern Tier Creme Brulee Milk Stout. It's amazing but the place I had it it was $16 for a pint so I might as well be frugal and do a line of coke.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

  6. #546
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    31,880

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I had no idea. Looking around they are everywhere!

    On my list:

    Hardywood Gingerbread Stout
    Funky Buddha French Toast
    Wicked Weed Milk & Cookies (includes cinnamon and raisins)
    High Water Sugaree Maple Pecan Pie
    Reuben’s Brews Hazelnut Praline (14% ABV holy sh-t)
    High Water Campfire Stout
    Voodoo Donut

    I have had Southern Tier Creme Brulee Milk Stout. It's amazing but the place I had it it was $16 for a pint so I might as well be frugal and do a line of coke.
    If you can get your hands on some Barrel Theory dessert stouts, do it. Might be best in category.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

  7. #547
    ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    The Workers' Paradise
    Posts
    72,867

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    If you can get your hands on some Barrel Theory dessert stouts, do it. Might be best in category.
    Thanks.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

  8. #548
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    18,321

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Pastry Stouts.
    Weldwerks out of Colorado has some interesting flavors of those, including PB&J and Cherry Cobbler Berliner.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

  9. #549
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    31,880

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    Be on the lookout for Trader Joeís Diamond Reserve. $20 bottle, first lot ever. Rumors of it coming from a winery that only sells $100 bottles. Most reviews put it between $40-$100.

  10. #550
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    120,823

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    The Funky Buddha French Toast is solid.
    EFF WICKED WEED. They sold out.
    What DX said about Barrel Theory. EVERYTHING they do is solid.
    Currently sipping on Fair State's Heckin' Chonker (Barrel Aged Pastry Stout w/Vanilla) it's awesome.
    Forager (MN), also for Pastry/Dessert beers. They do have a national reputation, so prices are a bit high on the secondary market.

    Southern Tier, overall, really nails it for the pastry/dessert beers.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  11. #551
    He fixes the cable?
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    23,457

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    Last week Funky Buddha released a Maple Bacon Coffee Porter, which I enjoyed. It wasn't overrun by any of those flavors.

  12. #552
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    31,880

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Be on the lookout for Trader Joeís Diamond Reserve. $20 bottle, first lot ever. Rumors of it coming from a winery that only sells $100 bottles. Most reviews put it between $40-$100.
    Yeah. Itís ****ing great.

    Iím buying as much as I can tomorrow.

  13. #553
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    120,823

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Last week Funky Buddha released a Maple Bacon Coffee Porter, which I enjoyed. It wasn't overrun by any of those flavors.
    I believe I've had that, I know I had a version of it, and yeah, it's good.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  14. #554
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    31,880

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    The Funky Buddha French Toast is solid.
    EFF WICKED WEED. They sold out.
    What DX said about Barrel Theory. EVERYTHING they do is solid.
    Currently sipping on Fair State's Heckin' Chonker (Barrel Aged Pastry Stout w/Vanilla) it's awesome.
    Forager (MN), also for Pastry/Dessert beers. They do have a national reputation, so prices are a bit high on the secondary market.

    Southern Tier, overall, really nails it for the pastry/dessert beers.
    No offense, rube, sorry., but....

    Ignore his advice about ignoring corporate sellouts. Find something to protest that actually might make a difference. Like the rampant racism at Founderís.

    If I could sell my company for a couple hundred million, Iíd do it twice.

  15. #555
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    43,927

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    No offense, rube, sorry., but....

    Ignore his advice about ignoring corporate sellouts. Find something to protest that actually might make a difference. Like the rampant racism at Founderís.

    If I could sell my company for a couple hundred million, Iíd do it twice.
    Ever since I found out about Founders' racism, I stopped buying their beer and unfollowed them on social media.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  16. #556
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    120,823

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    No offense, rube, sorry., but....

    Ignore his advice about ignoring corporate sellouts. Find something to protest that actually might make a difference. Like the rampant racism at Founderís.

    If I could sell my company for a couple hundred million, Iíd do it twice.
    I am boycotting Founders. WW, their head brewer went to another brewery once the sale became official. I will buy from places where the buyer said "hands off, we just want money." See: Ballast Point.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  17. #557
    He fixes the cable?
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    23,457

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    I definitely don't go through Founder's as quickly, but have fallen short of a full boycott so far. Here in Miami, I bought a six pack of a beer from Veza Sur, then found they are InBev. Didn't purchase more. Thought about stopping by the taproom, but didn't. Wynwood and Wakefield got my money instead.

  18. #558
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    43,927

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    Random memory tonight: my Grandpa on my Mom's side loved Drewry's and we'd have it ready for him when he came over. These were huge boxes too, like 24-30 bottles in a case.

    And from what I remember hearing, Drewry's didn't taste all that great.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  19. #559
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    43,927

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    Atwater Brewery has been sold to Molson Coors.

    Hopefully, they leave my Vanilla Java Porter alone.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  20. #560
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    120,823

    Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Atwater Brewery has been sold to Molson Coors.

    Hopefully, they leave my Vanilla Java Porter alone.
    Dang. Atwater was pretty good, too.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •