Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Apparently 450 North Brewing in IN (specializes in fruit puree slushie beers, high demand; yeah I didn't know either) was advertising their beer at 8%~ ABV....someone tested it, and it was more around 2.5%...they are facing a big backlash.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Aldi has very good Rosé.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Trader Joe’s wine crushes.

Their platinum reserve is incredible. Best value in wine.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Trader Joe’s wine crushes.

Their platinum reserve is incredible. Best value in wine.
          Next time I'm in Grand Rapids, I'll have to check out Trader Joe's. If their wine is good, might as well make a stop.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

I had six samplers last night at Hops:

Alaskan Amber- fine, old favorite, can drink whenever
            Bell's Bright White- wasn't impressed
            Saugatuck Oval Beach Blonde- wasn't impressed
            Short's Soft Parade- fruit beer I actually like. I like it better than Founders' Rubaeus or Blushing Monk.
            Virtue Cider Michigan Brut- way too... harsh. I like my ciders crisp, and this one wasn't it.
            Crane's Hard Apple Cider- Much better.

Next time I'm at Hops, I'll get the Crane's.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              Bell's Bright White- wasn't impressed
              Concur. Bell's has some great stuff that makes it all the way back here.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Concur. Bell's has some great stuff that makes it all the way back here.
                I figure next time with Bell's, go with the known entity like Two Hearted.

I'm also growing more interested in ciders. Crane's also has an amazing cherry cider.

Comment

I figure next time with Bell's, go with the known entity like Two Hearted.

I'm also growing more interested in ciders. Crane's also has an amazing cherry cider.
                  Out your way, I recommend Blake's. A few varieties are offered, and they do sorta make it to MN (they aren't SUPER common, but not rare, either).

I'm sad, though. Junkyard Brewing, located in Moorhead MN (about 4 hours north of me) is releasing their Barrel Aged Peanut Stout (friggin' amazing) this Sat. Due to impending weather and previous commitments, I cannot go.

Appearance is thick and black like motor oil and the aroma hits you with flakey butterfinger candy, fudge, cocoa bean, and slight marshmallow. Flavor starts out big with dark fudge that fades into bourbon and oak tannin then delicious peanut butter cup. Fantastically full-flavored.

Honestly, it's the best of that style in the state. Yes, better than Dangerous Man, which everyone fawns over (yes, DM is top 3, but not the best).
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    Out your way, I recommend Blake's. A few varieties are offered, and they do sorta make it to MN (they aren't SUPER common, but not rare, either).

I'm sad, though. Junkyard Brewing, located in Moorhead MN (about 4 hours north of me) is releasing their Barrel Aged Peanut Stout (friggin' amazing) this Sat. Due to impending weather and previous commitments, I cannot go.

Appearance is thick and black like motor oil and the aroma hits you with flakey butterfinger candy, fudge, cocoa bean, and slight marshmallow. Flavor starts out big with dark fudge that fades into bourbon and oak tannin then delicious peanut butter cup. Fantastically full-flavored.

Honestly, it's the best of that style in the state. Yes, better than Dangerous Man, which everyone fawns over (yes, DM is top 3, but not the best).
                    I've had Blake's Flannel Mouth and Blake's habanero one.

Comment

I've had Blake's Flannel Mouth and Blake's habanero one.
                      That habanero one is lit.

Comment

As God is my witness. It's good. And it tastes exactly as advertised.

I have often admitted I have the taste buds of a 12-year old girl, and evidently these folks elected to serve me, directly.

I cannot imagine another person on this planet would like this. I love it.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          As God is my witness. It's good. And it tastes exactly as advertised.

I have often admitted I have the taste buds of a 12-year old girl, and evidently these folks elected to serve me, directly.

I cannot imagine another person on this planet would like this. I love it.
                          There are some S'more beers that are awesome.

Comment

I'd give it a try.

/remembers where he lives, settles for San Miguel

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              I'd give it a try.

/remembers where he lives, settles for San Miguel

This will make you itch for home: Jack Pine Brewing in Baxter MN, makes a TOP-notch S'mores stout. Good Lord is it good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                There are some S'more beers that are awesome.
                                If you have a list of ones you have tried with your impressions I would appreciate it. I got this for friends as a joke. Little did I know I would love it, in deadly earnest.

There is something wrong with me.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X