UML Recruiting, Building for 2018 and on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting, Building for 2018 and on

Big pickup for the "Flagship." Apparently beat out some national powers for this one.

Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Updating this from March, Neutral Zone ratings for incoming players and the year NZ is projecting. I don't see this many players coming in for next season with 13 frosh already on the roster, but I suppose we'll see how it plays out.

2021 Incoming:
      Scout Truman -- 4.25* out of 5

2020 Incoming:
      Ben Meehan -- 4
      Aidan Harper -- 3.75
      Owen Fowler -- 3.75
      Roc Truman -- 3.75
      Owen Cole -- 3.5

2019 Incoming:
      Andranik Armstrong -- 4
      Andre Lee -- 4
      Jack Bayless -- 3.75
      Carl Berglund -- 3.75
      Matthew Brown -- 3.75
      Clark Kerner -- 3.75
      Logan Neaton -- 3.75
      Jackson Sterrett -- 3.5
      Jordan Schulting -- 3.5
      Brian Chambers -- 3.5 (Ranked #232 of the 600 1998 NCAA Eligible players)
      Blake Wells -- Not Yet Rated
      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Updating this from March, Neutral Zone ratings for incoming players and the year NZ is projecting. I don't see this many players coming in for next season with 13 frosh already on the roster, but I suppose we'll see how it plays out.

2021 Incoming:
        Scout Truman -- 4.25* out of 5

2020 Incoming:
        Ben Meehan -- 4
        Aidan Harper -- 3.75
        Owen Fowler -- 3.75
        Roc Truman -- 3.75
        Owen Cole -- 3.5

2019 Incoming:
        Andranik Armstrong -- 4
        Andre Lee -- 4
        Jack Bayless -- 3.75
        Carl Berglund -- 3.75
        Matthew Brown -- 3.75
        Clark Kerner -- 3.75
        Logan Neaton -- 3.75
        Jackson Sterrett -- 3.5
        Jordan Schulting -- 3.5
        Brian Chambers -- 3.5 (Ranked #232 of the 600 1998 NCAA Eligible players)
        Blake Wells -- Not Yet Rated
        Nice job Monty. Agree about the numbers for next season. Right now Chambers is the only '98 recruit so he'll have to arrive next season. I believe Bayless plans to play a year of junior after finishing his high school career at Minnetonka.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          Nice job Monty. Agree about the numbers for next season. Right now Chambers is the only '98 recruit so he'll have to arrive next season. I believe Bayless plans to play a year of junior after finishing his high school career at Minnetonka.
          I'd almost expect Cole, Bayless and Kerner at least to have one more year of Juniors.
          Monty

Comment

I'd almost expect Cole, Bayless and Kerner at least to have one more year of Juniors.
            I would be surprised if Sterrett came in next season given his current production in the CCHL. Also, the Heisenberg site has Fowler and Roc Truman projected for 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
              I would be surprised if Sterrett came in next season given his current production in the CCHL. Also, the Heisenberg site has Fowler and Roc Truman projected for 2021.
              Believe some on team now will transfer

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                Believe some on team now will transfer
                Or leave school early to go pro.
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                  Yeah, I saw that Chris has it different. I just decided to keep it consistent and go with what NZ was showing.
                  Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                  Or leave school early to go pro.
                  Hearing names? I personally don't see anyone that's ready to go to the next level on this current team ...
                  Monty

Comment

Hearing names? I personally don't see anyone that's ready to go to the next level on this current team ...
                    The recent trend is for pro teams to sign draft picks after their junior year, because they lose their rights a month after the senior year ends. So, I'd be worried about Lohin and Wall both leaving after this season. As for anyone else, nothing has been said.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

The NHL Central Scouting midterm rankings were released today:
                      https://www.nhl.com/news/jack-hughes...ft/c-304024912

Andre Lee is ranked #167 and Matt Brown #199.

I didn't see Carl Berglund on either the NA or international list.

Comment

https://www.apnews.com/32b1d2b579d24a9ea791b66cfdb83aeb

Nice to see a local kid come up through the High School level and still go D1

I wonder how much interest Lowell showed in him
                        Tully Rink Rat
                        Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                        Youngstar
                        UML Class of 09

Comment

Recruit Owen Cole was named CCHL player of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            Recruit Owen Cole was named CCHL player of the week.
                            Player profile on Owen Cole.
                            Monty

Comment

UML commits that got on the stats sheet last night:

USHL: Matt Brown broke a 6-game goalless streak last night in Des Moines 3-1 win.

AJHL: Scout Truman had an assist, and his brother had a 1-1-2 in Drumheller's win. Andranik Armstrong had an assist in Brooks win.

BCHL: Logan Neaton had 21 saves on 24 shots in Coquitlam's shootout loss.
                              Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                USHL: Matt Brown broke a 6-game goalless streak last night in Des Moines 3-1 win.
                                He followed this up with two more goals last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X