UML Recruiting, Building for 2018 and on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting, Building for 2018 and on

Seth Barton was drafted in the 3rd round, 81st overall, by Detroit. Highest a Lowell player has been drafted since Hainsey went 13th overall to Montreal in 2000.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
      Seth Barton was drafted in the 3rd round, 81st overall, by Detroit. Highest a Lowell player has been drafted since Hainsey went 13th overall to Montreal in 2000.
      Good to know. Hainsey was a good one. Congrats to Barton and Lowell fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        Good to know. Hainsey was a good one. Congrats to Barton and Lowell fans.
        And still in the NHL

Comment

Not Lowell or Hockey East recruiting related, but I find it interesting to see some of the kids committing to Bentley right now. A couple of 3.75* in the last couple of weeks. They're going to make some noise in the AHA as that stadium already seems to be paying off.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            Not Lowell or Hockey East recruiting related, but I find it interesting to see some of the kids committing to Bentley right now. A couple of 3.75* in the last couple of weeks. They're going to make some noise in the AHA as that stadium already seems to be paying off.
            I get the impression that those STAR ratings are extremely objective and come from many different scouts. Also, if the scouts know a skater is committed or being recruited by a D1 team, he gets 3 1/2 stars at a minimum. A great deal more would be expected from a 4 star player. Some coaches act as though they would be humiliated if one of their recruits got a rating below 3/3/4. Like the scouts are always right?

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
              I get the impression that those STAR ratings are extremely objective and come from many different scouts. Also, if the scouts know a skater is committed or being recruited by a D1 team, he gets 3 1/2 stars at a minimum. A great deal more would be expected from a 4 star player. Some coaches act as though they would be humiliated if one of their recruits got a rating below 3/3/4. Like the scouts are always right?
              That's a fair statement, but for those (like me) that follow recruiting, it's all we really have. It's not like recruiting for hockey is covered like it is for football/basketball. I know Lowell (at least) have two current commits that are listed at 3.25.
              Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

That's a fair statement, but for those (like me) that follow recruiting, it's all we really have. It's not like recruiting for hockey is covered like it is for football/basketball. I know Lowell (at least) have two current commits that are listed at 3.25.
                I would hasten to remind you that you have a coaching staff which has shown an admirable ability to find the right players for their system, and then to deploy themin a most efficient manner. Their usually seems to be 2-3 outstanding individual which act as the glue that holds the team together and makes it stronger. I can think of one team from Huntington Avenue which had a variety of ways to score last year. Yet they found your guys to be very hard to play against.
                In other words, your recruits could average 3 1/2-3/4 stars and you still would be quite competitive. Glad you haven't lost your coach to the Rangers! There are some real positives to having an alumnus who is capable of running your program.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                  I would hasten to remind you that you have a coaching staff which has shown an admirable ability to find the right players for their system, and then to deploy themin a most efficient manner. Their usually seems to be 2-3 outstanding individual which act as the glue that holds the team together and makes it stronger. I can think of one team from Huntington Avenue which had a variety of ways to score last year. Yet they found your guys to be very hard to play against.
                  In other words, your recruits could average 3 1/2-3/4 stars and you still would be quite competitive. Glad you haven't lost your coach to the Rangers! There are some real positives to having an alumnus who is capable of running your program.
                  I'm not questioning Bazin (or the kids committing here). Just noting stuff I find interesting. Also, agreed completely on not losing him, even though it seems that the odds seem to grow each year.
                  Monty

Comment

Another recruit coming in early? It will be interesting to see what the actual incoming class looks like.

I believe classes for the second summer session begins today so I would imagine most if not all the recruits are in Lowell. STH cookout is July 17.

Comment

PC picks up another 2002 born commit.

Interesting to note that UVM lost a recruit last week as he switched to BU. But the speculation is that there's actually a few more coming for their program.
                      Monty

Comment

PC picks up another 2002 born commit.

Interesting to note that UVM lost a recruit last week as he switched to BU. But the speculation is that there's actually a few more coming for their program.
                        It looks like BU is picking up another recruit that has switched their commitment.

Comment

Some hockey at the Tsongas:

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            It looks like BU is picking up another recruit that has switched their commitment.

Heard it was a total steal by BU. Not shocking. Typical **** they pull.
                            QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                            2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                            2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                            2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                            https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                            https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                            https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              Some hockey at the Tsongas:

So what you’re saying (and easy for me to say) is that if a hundred or so fans floated down to the event....
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                So what you’re saying (and easy for me to say) is that if a hundred or so fans floated down to the event....
                                Sounds like a good take

Comment

Working...
                                X