Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

As I see it after some reporting this morning we have 3 bills pending.

Graham/Cassidy isn't dead. For some reason the great Doctor Senator from Louisiana still thinks his bill helps people.
    Bernie Sanders bill isn't dead. Medicare For All.
    Tim Kaine has a new bill. Medicare X, which brings back the public option that should have passed in the ACA in the first place.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Re: The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Court declared the funding without appropriation unconstitutional. Obama threw a fit and got a stay. Trump moved for dismissal on the appeal. Lower court stands. You want the PPACA to stick around? Get Congress to actually fund it the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Court declared the funding without appropriation unconstitutional. Obama threw a fit and got a stay. Trump moved for dismissal on the appeal. Lower court stands. You want the PPACA to stick around? Get Congress to actually fund it the right way.
      Power of the purse, except when you don't. And Congre$$ has a case of the don'ts.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Thank you Republicans.

http://www.startribune.com/dayton-co...fer/451740733/

One of Minnesota’s biggest health insurers is catching flak from Gov. Mark Dayton and consumer advocates for transferring $120 million from its nonprofit Minnesota HMO to other operations, including a for-profit insurance unit.

Medica Health Plans transferred the money this month to shore up the finances of its for-profit and Wisconsin insurance businesses, using reserves from its nonprofit HMO.

The move is also reigniting a debate about the role of Minnesota’s nonprofit health plans. Earlier this year, the Legislature passed legislation that allows for-profit HMOs to operate in Minnesota for the first time in 40 years and made it easier for HMOs to transfer reserves.

“Perhaps this is now legal in Minnesota but it is not moral,” said the Rev. Grant Stevensen of ISAIAH, a coalition of religious groups that protested Medica earlier this year after it pulled out of the Minnesota Medicaid program. “This is one of the concerns many people have about the nonprofit HMO business in this state and how much in fact they function like for-profit entities,” he said.
        Still think Minnesota is Blue? This new law was passed by the latest Red Legislature in Minnesota. That money was paid for Health Care by Minnesotans and is now transferred to Wisconsin for Health Care. While at the same time the new Trump Executive Order takes money from Minnesota and transfers it to States like Wisconsin. Anyone see a pattern here?
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Still think Minnesota is Blue? This new law was passed by the latest Red Legislature in Minnesota. That money was paid for Health Care by Minnesotans and is now transferred to Wisconsin for Health Care. While at the same time the new Trump Executive Order takes money from Minnesota and transfers it to States like Wisconsin. Anyone see a pattern here?
          So what happened to all those nice Lutherans? Did they suddenly just get stupid? Did black people move in and give them the a-scurreds?

Seriously, I thought both those states were supposed to be smart, and they had much less of a fundy derp problem than the prairies. The f-ck?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            So what happened to all those nice Lutherans? Did they suddenly just get stupid? Did black people move in and give them the a-scurreds?

Seriously, I thought both those states were supposed to be smart, and they had much less of a fundy derp problem than the prairies. The f-ck?
            God
            Gays
            Guns

Once society started opening up to other religions, other sexual preferences, and started thinking maybe gun control was a good idea nothing else mattered. Rural America is gone forever. You better grow the cities and you better grow cities in as many Congressional districts as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              God
              Gays
              Guns

Once society started opening up to other religions, other sexual preferences, and started thinking maybe gun control was a good idea nothing else mattered. Rural America is gone forever. You better grow the cities and you better grow cities in as many Congressional districts as possible.
              The cities are taking care of themselves. The country is about 80% urban now.

I wonder if Vermont will turn f-ckwit. It's the second-most rural state after Maine, which seems to be getting dumber by the year.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I wonder if Vermont will turn f-ckwit. It's the second-most rural state after Maine, which seems to be getting dumber by the year.
                Or,they don't agree with you. There is a difference.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Perhaps you are not familiar with Paul LePage's oeuvre.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    LOL. Please articulate the rational policy positions of the current GOP party. I'll hang up and listen.

Comment

My FIL is a VERY outspoken an active member of the Tea Party Takeover of Vermont. I wouldn't be surprised if it moves to red. They are a very active group.

It's amazing to see how people change when you look at them through a long lens. My SIL recently posted about the kneeling protests and my FIL responded. In (not the most dignified moment on Facebook and) a flurry of anger, my SIL reminded him that FIL had instilled a strong sense of independence and standing up for the rights of others as well as racial tolerance as he was raising his kids, none of those are beliefs that he espouses now. I'd be curious to know if his church had anything to do with this as well. He spent some time in Texas and married a very religious woman. It sounds like prior to that time, he was a bit of a hellion.

Comment

Dont know much about Lutherans do you...check out these guys. Now there used to be a few WELS people on this board, not sure if they are still here but if they are I apologize for saying that many in that group are pure trash! I have been around when they protested they are awful fundy d-bags.

The problem is the rural areas, even the blue ones, have been buying the BS these days. Part of it is blowback (it kind of started with Gay Marriage here) and went into overdrive as business died outside of the Cities. They felt the Dems no longer represented their interests (here it is Democratic Farmer Labor Party and they still think that) and the GOP at least pays them lip service. That is why a bunch of out of work miners voted Trump and MNGOP even though they actively want to cut unemployment benefits and speak out actively against Governor Dayton who is the only one making sure they get extended. They quit on logic and went full on into delirious hope.

What the academics fail to realize when they talk about demographics and populations is that this comes down to more than just statistics. A million factors went into this and until they change this country is not going back. The Dems need to wake up and realize that right now they are bringing knives to a gun fight. If they think they are going to win on the issues they have already lost. And it doesnt matter if all the old white people die, they are raising kids in their image who arent going to change their mind just because stats and demographics say they should.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Didn't Vermont try single-payer, and find that it was utterly too expensive?

They tried stupid, and found it failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Dont know much about Lutherans do you...
                            I really don't. I always thought they were just a more boring, more Chamber of Commerce, whiter (or at least paler) version of Catholics.

I had no idea there were herpa-derp Lutherans. I thought they were all mid-level managers at insurance companies and banks, with 2.5 children and 1 lifetime sex partner not counting livestock.

LUTHERANS (ARTIST'S CONCEPTION):

Last edited by Kepler; 10-20-2017, 11:57 AM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                              My FIL is a VERY outspoken an active member of the Tea Party Takeover of Vermont. I wouldn't be surprised if it moves to red. They are a very active group.

It's amazing to see how people change when you look at them through a long lens. My SIL recently posted about the kneeling protests and my FIL responded. In (not the most dignified moment on Facebook and) a flurry of anger, my SIL reminded him that FIL had instilled a strong sense of independence and standing up for the rights of others as well as racial tolerance as he was raising his kids, none of those are beliefs that he espouses now. I'd be curious to know if his church had anything to do with this as well. He spent some time in Texas and married a very religious woman. It sounds like prior to that time, he was a bit of a hellion.
                              I think it might be age related as I've had a similar experience with older relatives. A group of people, lets call them...I don't know..."Boomers" seem to be real easy marks for misinformation and fear. Kinda like the average age of a Fox Cable viewer is in the late 60's and the avg goes up every year. It spans generations, but my Greatest Generation 90 year old grandparents didn't fall for the stuff that the next generation (roughly starting people born in the late 30's and early 40's too young to remember the shared sacrifice of the war and depression and rolling forward 20 years) eats up. Yet get beyond that cohort and people who are to me older siblings or uncles or whatever and they abhor the Trump-era nonsense we've been seeing. I may or may not think Kep is a loon but he right in one respect. The sooner these people get lost politically, the better off everyone else is going to be!
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                              X