Basketball 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basketball 2017

Cavs send Kyrie Irving to Celtics in exchange for Isaiah Thomas.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: Basketball 2017

Thomas has an injured hip and is a free agent soon. Sounds like the Cavs may end up with just a pick and 2 bench pieces for Irving.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

LeBron: no, seriously dude. Copernicus proved it hundreds of years ago. It's one of the most fundamental scientific facts.
      Kyrie: I want out
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

From a Celtics fan's perspective I'm happy with this deal. Got a younger and better player for Thomas who we all liked but can't play D given his height and who's going to want a max contract next year when he's almost 30. Everybody likes the blue collar guys but its a superstar league now and the more of them you have the better chance of winning a title.

Crowder's a good player but you can live without him. If Zizic was any good he would have played last year. Draft is a crap shoot and we just got the #1 pick...from 2011. Works for me.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

yah. mookie liked jae, but then he's jae.

thomas is a nice player, but again.... shorter than mookie is a match up problem. and we've seen teams in the playoffs shut him down.

all in all good deal. read on si today where they claimed danny could have done better with butler or george. don't think mookie would have done any george deal when he is on record as going home to la. and butler is a tease. he couldn't get past the c's last year up 2-0 and heading home. not exactly "star power" there.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            yah. mookie liked jae, but then he's jae.

thomas is a nice player, but again.... shorter than mookie is a match up problem. and we've seen teams in the playoffs shut him down.

all in all good deal. read on si today where they claimed danny could have done better with butler or george. don't think mookie would have done any george deal when he is on record as going home to la. and butler is a tease. he couldn't get past the c's last year up 2-0 and heading home. not exactly "star power" there.
            I also like how the Brooklyn pick is apparently going to be the next Michael Jordan or something.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

cavs going to want MORE now?!?! danny should just say 'screw it' if they push

Comment

Cavs have looked at Thomas's hip and aren't liking what they're seeing.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

This is an interesting development indeed.

The way I see it Ainge is back in the drivers seat at negotiating table. Cleveland will huff and puff about wanting more or threaten to cancel. Danny agrees to cancel the deal which puts Cleveland back to square 1. Celts have plenty of assets that they can sit on for a future deal while Cleveland will end up panicking trying to get something for KI in return sooner than later. Seeing that the Celts have the best offer so far they try to renegotiate with them and end up getting less in return for Irving. Either that or Cleveland trades KI with another team for even less.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
                    This is an interesting development indeed.

The way I see it Ainge is back in the drivers seat at negotiating table. Cleveland will huff and puff about wanting more or threaten to cancel. Danny agrees to cancel the deal which puts Cleveland back to square 1. Celts have plenty of assets that they can sit on for a future deal while Cleveland will end up panicking trying to get something for KI in return sooner than later. Seeing that the Celts have the best offer so far they try to renegotiate with them and end up getting less in return for Irving. Either that or Cleveland trades KI with another team for even less.
                    Per ESPN, the Cavs do want more... "an extra asset."

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      Per ESPN, the Cavs do want more... "an extra asset."
                      It will be interesting to see what side blinks first.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what side blinks first.
                        Danny better protect that pick for top 2 if he gives up ANYTHING else

All he will offer is 1 or 2 if those 2nd rds as well

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Danny better protect that pick for top 2 if he gives up ANYTHING else

All he will offer is 1 or 2 if those 2nd rds as well
                          They have until Thursday to figure it out.

And in other news, the Palace of Auburn Hills is officially closing.

Comment

Well, with Cleveland demanding Tatum now, if media is to believed, along with Danny's comment earlier regarding IT's hip, I'm wondering if both teams are feeling trader's remorse. Most likely it's just posturing and gamesmanship between the 2 teams at this point. Still seems like Celt's are in driver's seat and will make the Cav's sweat this out.

Comment

Well, with Cleveland demanding Tatum now, if media is to believed, along with Danny's comment earlier regarding IT's hip, I'm wondering if both teams are feeling trader's remorse. Most likely it's just posturing and gamesmanship between the 2 teams at this point. Still seems like Celt's are in driver's seat and will make the Cav's sweat this out.
                              cleveland can pound sand.... tatum

Comment

Working...
                              X