Detroit Tigers, Volume 10: The Tommy Bridges edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 10: The Tommy Bridges edition

Yeah, we're 30 games under .500, beating a team with 100 losses already. Tough titty. That was the kid's 2nd homer of the night, the first two of his career. Homer light was warranted.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Victor says tomorrow will be his last game. He will travel with the team, but will not take AB's on the road. He wants his final plate appearance to be at Comerica.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Victor Martinez singles in the final at bat of his career. An infield single, of all things.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          A 5-3 loss to the Twins. That's #90 on the year, with 11 to go.

We were 64-98 last year. We would need to finish 3-8 to match that. This is still better than I figured, by a sizable amount.
          KC and Baltimore were too "impressive" this year
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            KC and Baltimore were too "impressive" this year
            Baltimore is roughly where I thought we'd be, maybe a touch worse.

God, that was fun...

Comment

gianttiger

4-2 final

I don't know how many more of these we're going to get this year.

This win matches last year's total.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Dan Gilbert

Hmmmmmm........let’s see if this has legs.

God, that was fun...

Comment

If Stewart had any speed at all, we'd have an inside-the-park homer light.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Last game of the season. We're going finish either 64-98 or 65-97. Still better than I figured.

Some significant roster decisions in the near future. McCann, Iggy, Castellanos, to start with, plus dealing with the rotation.

C: McCann is arbitration eligible. I'd probably bring him back, as I'm not sure Greiner is quite ready to play everyday.
                    1B: Miggy will return, as will John Hicks. I think we can get by for another year here. Miggy is going to be 36 in April, and can't be relied upon to play 150 games at this point.
                    2B: I'd try to pick up a vet here. If you hand the job to Lugo, and he ends up hitting .205 by Memorial Day, then what?
                    SS: This is the big one. I'm not a fan of Iggy, but again, the kids aren't quite ready. At the same time, I sure don't break the bank here.
                    3B: Candelario. End.

Outfield: Depends on what they do with Castellanos. Jones still needs a lot of work at the plate, Stewart is probably ready to play everyday, but his defense is going to be Castellanos-like, as in "not good". Next spring is now-or-never for Mike Gerber, and I'm starting to lean towards "never". Mahtook is a #4 or #5 outfielder at best.

Pitching: Need one starter, probably two. Fulmer-Boyd-Zimmerman are very likely here. Maybe Turnbull can grab a spot in March, but then what? Manning and Burrowes likely won't be ready until at least sometime mid-season at the earliest. Another Mike Fiers-type signing is in order here. Liriano is a non-starter, all puns intended

Bullpen: Grab a non-descript arm or two here and we're good. At this point it's not going to matter too much.

2019 looks like another tough year.
                    Last edited by Hammer; 09-30-2018, 11:41 AM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

goal_light

SHAW!!!!

11-0 Brew Crew, bottom 8

God, that was fun...

Comment

64-98, matching last year's record.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I'm bored. If we did a "former Tigers now in the playoffs," who would be on the list?
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            I'm bored. If we did a "former Tigers now in the playoffs," who would be on the list?
                            I used to keep a roster of "former Twins on MLB rosters" on a different posting forum (or was it here). At one point I'm pretty sure that roster could've won the AL Central. And yes, it had a full pitching staff and fielding line-up.
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              I used to keep a roster of "former Twins on MLB rosters" on a different posting forum (or was it here). At one point I'm pretty sure that roster could've won the AL Central. And yes, it had a full pitching staff and fielding line-up.
                              I think it was here.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Mario and Rod are gone for good.

Thought Mario would be back, but since Shepard wears multiple hats at FSD it's probably cheaper to keep him as pbp.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X