Making a Murderer updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    The state's case has already fallen apart, IMO. Zellner has already picked it apart piece by piece.
    Completely agree but I think this luminol test is where the State will finally buckle and admit their errors.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Making a Murderer updates

I dont think the state will ever admit they were wrong unless they have a concrete case against someone else. (and even then, the chances anyone else ever gets convicted after what has happened is very very slim) It is bad enough they railroaded two guys but they did it because they railroaded one of them years ago and he was suing them over it. They cannot be wrong, to twice wrongfully convict someone costing them DECADES along with wrongfully convicting someone else using coerced testimony because they are mentally deficient will bring about lawsuits that will bankrupt not only Manitowoc County (along with possibly Calumet County) but the State of Wisconsin. This is not some cop planting a joint on a black man to up his arrest records...this is an entire county police force and the Special Prosecutor from another county fabricating evidence and partaking in hardcore misconduct and the entire State Legal System ignoring it and aiding in it. This would be corruption of the order of certain precincts in NY.

The State of Wisconsin is going to make sure that every day people think Avery did it. They want people scared that two murderers could be out walking the streets.

(obviously this is only true if they didnt do it)
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Jesus I didnt think I could dislike Ken Kratz more...but good lord
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Just started with the first new ep tonight. Thanks, ya bahstids.

That Zellner is a piece of work. Remind me to not take her on in anything. She's a pitbull, and I mean that as a high compliment.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Just started with the first new ep tonight. Thanks, ya bahstids.

That Zellner is a piece of work. Remind me to not take her on in anything. She's a pitbull, and I mean that as a high compliment.
            Ya, I think pitbull is a compliment here id want her too

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Ya, I think pitbull is a compliment here id want her too
              I can just see it now:

What about (X)?

This, this, and that. NEXT? NOW. NEXT?

Well, um...........crap.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Her comment about "if you are guilty you dont want me because I will prove it better than the prosecuter will" is telling of her style. And she proves it you will see she goes after every aspect of the case systematically. It is crazy the effort she puts in!
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Her comment about "if you are guilty you dont want me because I will prove it better than the prosecuter will" is telling of her style. And she proves it you will see she goes after every aspect of the case systematically. It is crazy the effort she puts in!
                  That is exactly when I formed my opinion about her. I was thinking to myself, "Well GodDAM. Sh*."

Comment

Good lord Bobby Dassey...

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah Zellner is ****ing awesome.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I can’t believe the FBI hasn’t gotten involved based on the images on Bobby Dassey’s pc.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

I am trying to stay spoiler free because not everyone has finished (I did last night cause I couldnt sleep) but what Zellner figured out at the end is one heckuva Brady violation. That is the type of stuff that gets prosecutors sanctioned...of course Kratz isnt a prosecutor anymore.

Oh lord and the phone call between Barb and Steven after he files the brief...yowzers!
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            I am trying to stay spoiler free because not everyone has finished (I did last night cause I couldnt sleep) but what Zellner figured out at the end is one heckuva Brady violation. That is the type of stuff that gets prosecutors sanctioned...of course Kratz isnt a prosecutor anymore.

Oh lord and the phone call between Barb and Steven after he files the brief...yowzers!
                            I’ll be watching the last 4 episodes this weekend but I have heard that phone call...I mean, wow. Hillegas has never gone off like that despite the first series intimating he could have done it. Now Scott goes off on the phone and on fb...makes me think Zellner has zeroed in on the 2 perpetrators and they’re breaking under pressure a bit.

I heard episode 10 is a doozy, can’t wait to catch-up!

Comment

Episode 10 is long and yeah it is good. I cant remember if it is 9 or 10 but a real bombshell about the car comes out too.

I used to think Hillegas did it (he just reeks of the obsessive ex boyfriend crazy type) but I just think the cops used him to move the car. I think Bobby did it...

spoilers in white:

I am iffy on how I feel about Tadych...part of me thinks he just knows something and isnt involved (which is why he testified against Avery...as a way to protect Bobby) but the way he ignored when the truck driver who knew him texted that when Teresa first went missing he saw her car on Highway 147 and told an officer about it...and how after watching Making a Murderer he realized that was Officer Colburn that is shady as heck! Colburn has already helped wrongfully convict Avery once and now a guy is telling you he personally told Colburn where the Rav was (nowhere near the Avery Lot but 3/4 mile from Tadych's place) on the day that Colburn is already known to have called it in...before they find it in the Avery Field. If that was me I would be jumping up and down, calling everyone I know texting this guy every twelve seconds. Tadych ignores the texts, then says he is sick and will get back to him after the guy contacts him again. (and leaves voicemails) That doesnt sit right with me and my guess is it doesnt sit right with Barbara either even though she is pretending.

I think Barbara is either completely oblivious (she doesnt believe Bobby had that stuff on his computer so it is possible) or she has an inkling and is just protecting her family since Brendan is already rotting in prison and cant handle anything else. (and convicting Tadych and Bobby wouldnt necessarily bring Brendan back) I think Allan testified against Avery (mostly the fire stuff) in the hopes that would sacrifice Avery and maybe save Brendan and Bobby. I think the cops definitely blackmailed Bobby whether he did it or not which is why they never disclosed the CD of images to Avery's lawyer (which holy cow is not ok) and Kratz covered the existence of it up in the ways he did. (even Zellner was in awe of the little ways he was able to hide its existence) and why his story changes depending on who is asking. (it changes twice after the Barbara and Steven phone call)

That phone call though when Barbara is railing against Steven for accusing Bobby and Allan was very interesting. Barbara is emotionally blackmailing Steven (drop this or you will have a dead sister) and Allan is flying off the handle. (as would I) I could pick apart the things he was saying but ultimately it was the way Barbara ended the conversation that made me think. She goes from defending her husband to screaming at him after he rants about how big of a loser Avery is (swearing up a storm and getting belligerent which I am guessing happens more often than his personality lets on) and then there is a long pause and she goes back to begging Steven to drop this and talking about how she cant take this much more and she will be dead. I dunno that struck me...

The portions of the oral arguments you get to hear when it comes to Dassey's appeal are interesting as well. It was pretty easy to tell who was voting which way both times and while I think Dassey's attorney did a great job with the 3 judge panel at the 7th circuit (which affirmed the writ of Habeas) she did way worse in the En Banc hearing and had real issues with some of their questions. (as did Wisconsin's Solicitor General who was awful) She got flustered when questioned off the bat and never seemed comfortable. Even simple questions like "did the cops need a second person?" meaning are they questioning Dassey because they are going after someone else seemed to confuse her. She tried to not say this was an effort to get Avery (they tried not to focus on Avery in any way) and I think that made her look tentative and ill-prepared. (which she wasnt but still) Zellner breaks it down real well after the fact.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Finished Ep 3. Have a feeling I'm gonna finish it this weekend. It just gets more obvious by the minute.....

Comment

Working...
                                X