X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    John Oliver all but flat-out told noted Big Coal sh*thead Bob Murray to "bring it" on Sunday's show about coal, after Murray Energy's lawyers sent his team a C&D letter. If Murray's smart, he'll let it go and not give Oliver the attention, but given that this a55hole appears to be a mini-Trump when it comes to lawsuits, I'm willing to bet he doesn't. So, pop the popcorn.
    That was awesome!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      John Oliver all but flat-out told noted Big Coal sh*thead Bob Murray to "bring it" on Sunday's show about coal, after Murray Energy's lawyers sent his team a C&D letter. If Murray's smart, he'll let it go and not give Oliver the attention, but given that this a55hole appears to be a mini-Trump when it comes to lawsuits, I'm willing to bet he doesn't. So, pop the popcorn.
      Some of the stats in that "article" were pretty surprising- like there's ONLY 75,000 coal workers. Which brings up the question- how in the world did that few workers have such a massive impact on the election? And that has been in pretty constant decline for over 80 years to reach that number.

It was also fun to see coal CEO's proclaim their undying love for their miners, to only turn their backs to them at every emergency. They want to cut back on safety requirements, even in the face of deadly accidents. Or turn their backs to them when it comes to profits- cut some workers to save a few million, and then pay their executives over 10M in bonuses- when they don't actually do real work. Duh. They are such liars, it's no wonder they are buddies with don. Especially bob.

I do hope bob goes after Oliver- that will be fun in court. You know HBO is totally ready for it, otherwise they would have never let him loose like that.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Some of the stats in that "article" were pretty surprising- like there's ONLY 75,000 coal workers. Which brings up the question- how in the world did that few workers have such a massive impact on the election? And that has been in pretty constant decline for over 80 years to reach that number.

It was also fun to see coal CEO's proclaim their undying love for their miners, to only turn their backs to them at every emergency. They want to cut back on safety requirements, even in the face of deadly accidents. Or turn their backs to them when it comes to profits- cut some workers to save a few million, and then pay their executives over 10M in bonuses- when they don't actually do real work. Duh. They are such liars, it's no wonder they are buddies with don. Especially bob.

I do hope bob goes after Oliver- that will be fun in court. You know HBO is totally ready for it, otherwise they would have never let him loose like that.
        75,000? I had heard 50,000-52,000 cited a number of times over the last two or three weeks. Did it grow by 25k?
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          75,000? I had heard 50,000-52,000 cited a number of times over the last two or three weeks. Did it grow by 25k?
          That's the number Oliver used- so without googling another source- I didn't bother to look it up.

But your number questions their impact even more. How could so few have that much influence?

As for the miners- it's not as if they support bob being a don clone- some of them sent back their bonus checks with some rather colorful language. I don't see them really wanting to reduce workplace safety laws that much.

Comment

77k votes in 3 states won the election for Trump...that is how.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              77k votes in 3 states won the election for Trump...that is how.
              We don't have coal miners in Michigan.

Comment

Nope. Just idiots who don't vote or got emailed. Which will likely cause Minnesota to flip next cycle. We're on the brink.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Nope. Just idiots who don't vote or got emailed. Which will likely cause Minnesota to flip next cycle. We're on the brink.
                  Hillary's running in Minnesota in 2018?
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Right...but you asked how such a small number of workers could have that kind of power and I gave you an example of how that few people can have a major impact.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Hillary's running in Minnesota in 2018?
                      There's always something wrong with the candidate. We've covered this.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

There's always something wrong with the candidate. We've covered this.
                        Of course, but I don't know that the folks who got emailed are on that basis going to vote R again in 2018. It will need to be a different manufactured scandal.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Of course, but I don't know that the folks who got emailed are on that basis going to vote R again in 2018. It will need to be a different manufactured scandal.
                          Got emailed refers to folks who got duped by the email scandal.

Comment

Got emailed refers to folks who got duped by the email scandal.
                            Yes, I understood, which is why I was questioning how that matters going forward. Ding, dong, the witch is dead.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Yes, I understood, which is why I was questioning how that matters going forward. Ding, dong, the witch is dead.
                              Dupees find other ways to be duped.

Comment

50,000 coal miners produces jobs in car dealerships, parts houses, plumbers, electricians etc etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X