X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Two things. First, the lifeform will certainly not be condemned because a small number decide not to procreate. The numbers will continue to grow.

Second, as Kep noted, adoption is a good way to ensure that a child or children have been raised in an environment of love, tolerance, and curiosity.
    Right, but what I'm getting at is, if the smarts don't start having kids, the dumbs will wreck this planet. Not just "smog in LA" wreck, I mean melt all the ice, burn the rainforests, melt the permafrost, boiler the mid-latitudes, and set us back 2,000 years kind of bad.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Right, but what I'm getting at is, if the smarts don't start having kids, the dumbs will wreck this planet. Not just "smog in LA" wreck, I mean melt all the ice, burn the rainforests, melt the permafrost, boiler the mid-latitudes, and set us back 2,000 years kind of bad.
      I completely understand that, dx, and feel that way a little myself. It's a bit of a catch 22. Those smart and aware enough to effect positive change, by themselves and through their children, will be more apt not to procreate because they do not want to deepen a problem they feel responsible for fixing.

And it is partly selfish. Many young adults do not want to expose their children to the world they think is likely to exist in the next 75 years.
      Last edited by burd; 08-02-2019, 11:32 AM.

Comment

90% of the "smart" of the smarties is cultural. The dummies probably don't have particularly different brains. Yeah, they've got hyperactive amygdalae but most of that is because they're raised with psychotic fathers who believe "spare the rod, spoil the child" and other Dummy Gospel, and in dummy environments where they are trained to rape and pillage for six days and then slither out of responsibility on Sunday.

I'll bet if we switched smarties' and dummies' brats in the delivery room the smarties would raise their cuckoos as moral and intelligent and the dummies would raise the smart kids as slovenly, fearful, and vicious. The truly gifted smart kids would reject their dummy parents and find their level in the First World.

The gestation of intellectual and moral skills is almost all Nurture.

As for the Darwinist ramifications of the Earth turning into a climate change hellscape, to be honest it will probably help. Dummy culture creates people who are completely incapable of caring for themselves or responding to a crisis with flexibility. Look at the red states, or at the Dumps, if you want to know how dummies deal with problems. The likelihood is the dummy death rate will far exceed the smarties as the environment becomes more toxic. Dummies are more likely to resort of violence and since they have self-segregated they'll be killing each other. As as the inter-regional support network breaks down the dummies will no longer be able to parasitically live off the smarties' surplus. The result is probably a massive dummy die off.

I'm not saying we should encourage it. I'm saying nature is homeostatic. The problem in the human population is too many dummies. The way we used to solve that was war: the dummies would march off to prove their manhood and only a few would straggle home, too disfigured to turn any girl on. We don't do that anymore, so nature has come up with a new way.
        Last edited by Kepler; 08-02-2019, 11:43 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
          Two things. First, the lifeform will certainly not be condemned because a small number decide not to procreate. The numbers will continue to grow.

Second, as Kep noted, adoption is a good way to ensure that a child or children have been raised in an environment of love, tolerance, and curiosity.
          But if I don't hurry, I can be denied adoption rights because... you know.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            But if I don't hurry, I can be denied adoption rights because... you know.
            Move. Somewhere. Better.

You know those Honduran refugees at the border? You're in the same position. There's a reason every artistic person in the Midwest gets the f-ck outta there the second they can afford a bus ticket to Manhattan.

"They oughta move all you pervs and freaks to an island!"

"They did. You're standing on it."
            Last edited by Kepler; 08-02-2019, 11:50 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You understand overpopulation is a problem right? Smart people adding to it isnt helping.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Internet comments may be a low denominator, but how many republican voters don’t understand facts is frightening. On a post today about Greenland losing the 167 billion tons of glacier, some proud GOPer stared that it will just freeze back during the winter.
                And I think he believes that.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Internet comments may be a low denominator, but how many republican voters don’t understand facts is frightening. On a post today about Greenland losing the 167 billion tons of glacier, some proud GOPer stared that it will just freeze back during the winter.
                  And I think he believes that.
                  Well they believe that Global Warming is a hoax because snow exists and cause God said he wouldnt kill us all again so yeah they believe it.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Well they believe that Global Warming is a hoax because snow exists and cause God said he wouldnt kill us all again so yeah they believe it.
                    Yep. God told Noah it would be the last time. We are all ****ed.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Move. Somewhere. Better.

You know those Honduran refugees at the border? You're in the same position. There's a reason every artistic person in the Midwest gets the f-ck outta there the second they can afford a bus ticket to Manhattan.

"They oughta move all you pervs and freaks to an island!"

"They did. You're standing on it."
                      I will, after primary objectives are achieved. What are those primary objectives?

1. Finish recovering from surgery on my right foot. Right now, I really can't go anywhere unless someone takes me.
                      2. Amber Marie, Licensed MSW.
                      3. "Hey Amber Marie, It's Amber Marie" by Amber Marie, a book of random memories, letters to myself, and various recipes.

Can't really go anywhere until those are finished.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

All of God's children are not afraid because they think all signs pointing to the world ending means the rapture is right around the corner. Climate change according to them is in God's hands so they dgaf.

Comment

You understand overpopulation is a problem right? Smart people adding to it isnt helping.
                          Yes, but sometimes the solution to burn on gunk in the oven is to burn it more

I think you missed the point I was making.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Exxon predicted the *exact* climate change we're having back in 1982. Click for the thread.

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Hmm...looks like I'd better plan on using air conditioning well into October by the time I retire. Of course by then, my tech career will have been given some Chinese kid who speaks fluent English, makes half my salary, and works 80 hour weeks. Walmart greeter is looking pretty good.

Comment

I’m trying to parlay my grad degree into working in climate change. Or maybe policy to try and defeat the mouth breathers. That is my fight, not popping out kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X