X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Yes, they've bought the renewable resources to make that claim.

But, when the sun doesn't shine and the wind is calm (and without storage tech) their campus will be powered by the Monticello nuclear facility or the Great River Energy coal fired plant at Underwood, ND, like the rest of MSP.

It's honorable goal setting; it's awesome virtue signalling; but, 3M is dependent upon baseline load carrying facilities until we have storage tech figured out.
    Aaah, yes, Captain Cold Water is here.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
      Viable as a method of carbon capture, not as a fuel.
      Better than nothing.
      If it's solidified it could be reclaimed in restoration of where the original coal came from (unless the liquefied metal process makes that untenable or unviable).
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Aaah, yes, Captain Cold Water is here.
        Reality is cold.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Reality is cold.
          I wonder where'd we be right now if all the money we flush down the toilet by giving it to fossil fuel companies was invested in research?
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Better than nothing.
            If it's solidified it could be reclaimed in restoration of where the original coal came from (unless the liquefied metal process makes that untenable or unviable).
            It's perfect actually:

1. Burn coal for energy.
            2. Pipe the CO2 into a facility where it's turned back into coal.
            3. Go back to step 1.

Renewable coal!
            Last edited by GrinCDXX; 03-01-2019, 02:18 PM.

Comment

virtue signalling
              This is the most useful expression ever created because as soon as somebody uses it you can just put them on Ignore forever, they're an as-swipe.

Seriously, language is a conveyor of meaning and boy does that expression convey meaning.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                It's perfect actually:

1. Burn coal for energy.
                2. Pipe the CO2 into a facility where it's turned back into coal.
                3. Go back to step 1.

Renewable coal!
                Didn't you already say the resultant post-combustion is no longer viable as fuel.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  This is the most useful expression ever created because as soon as somebody uses it you can just put them on Ignore forever, they're an as-swipe.

Seriously, language is a conveyor of meaning and boy does that expression convey meaning.
                  Would calling it self-aggrandizing claims of a dubious nature make it better?

They are trying to illustrate and make prominent their purity and goodwill toward the environment (even when it is easy to show there are still shortcomings). They are signalling their purported virtue.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Shorter Sic: I know empathy is just a con. No, I don't think I'm a sociopath, why?
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Shorter Sic: I know empathy is just a con. No, I don't think I'm a sociopath, why?
                      Everything's a con.
                      Once you realize that the world makes more sense.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Everything's a con. Once I convinced myself of that I could look at myself in the mirror.
                        Understood.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Would calling it self-aggrandizing claims of a dubious nature make it better?

They are trying to illustrate and make prominent their purity and goodwill toward the environment (even when it is easy to show there are still shortcomings). They are signalling their purported virtue.
                          Do you strive to be this dumb or does it come naturally?
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Do you strive to be this dumb or does it come naturally?
                            I'm striving to achieve your level in this realm.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Didn't you already say the resultant post-combustion is no longer viable as fuel.
                              That's not what I meant. I meant that having the technology to turn CO2 into coal doesn't mean that emitting CO2 for energy is no longer a problem.
                              Last edited by GrinCDXX; 03-01-2019, 03:24 PM.

Comment

That and "SJW". You'd think "Social Justice" is a positive thing, but you'd be wrong, because 30 year old virgins on reddit use it as an insult.

Comment

Working...
                                X