X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Not global warming related but genuinely shocking: https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...-officials-say
    Why is this surprising? This is an entirely predictable outcome after decades of deregulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      Why is this surprising? This is an entirely predictable outcome after decades of deregulation.
      Can’t interfere with making money!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        How much rent will trump tower charge to house the tD presidential library
        Shouldn't be much. It will not house any books--only online access to his tweets and episodes of Fox and Friends.

Comment

OK Boomer
          A 25-year-old New Zealand lawmaker on Tuesday offered a blunt response to a colleague who apparently heckled her during a speech she gave addressing the urgency of climate change on the floor of Parliament: “OK, boomer.”

Chlöe Swarbrick, a member of the Green Party, expressed the statement as she emphasized how the consequences of climate change will fall on people of her generation.

As she expressed support for legislation to reach net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050, Swarbrick noted how she would be around the age of the average lawmaker in Parliament by that time.

"We are in a climate crisis, if we don't get this right, nothing else matters. ... In the year 2050, I will be 56 years old, yet right now the average age of this 52nd Parliament is 49 years old," she said, prompting what appears to be an audible gasp and a heckle.
          Swarbrick then raised her hand before replying "OK boomer" and moving on with her speech.

Comment

Ah yes, nothing like bringing cutesy Twitter cancel culture into the halls of lawmakers.

Comment

I just heard of “ok, boomer” a week ago.
              I’m now sick and tired of it.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Same here.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

As someone who has to hear “you d*** millennials are ruining everything!” from boomer coworkers who refuse to retire and are keeping younger workers from their full time slots, “ok, boomer” is fantastic.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The problem is, millennials ARE ruining things. We all are. It’s called evolving tastes.

Instead of 30-year-olds acting like children, maybe try another approach. Because it makes us all look bad. This kind of petulant standoffishness isn’t doing any good.

Planet melts, student loans destroy country. But hey, at least you got your sick burn in!
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Why does Gen X get a free pass for sitting on their hands with their thumbs up their a**es?
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

They don’t get a pass. We’re all responsible.
                        Code:

Comment

Generational collective identity is even more idiotic than racial or gender collective identity.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Comment

Bahahahaha

Yes. I was thinking that thing gets ****canned as soon as the parents start using it.
                              Millennials have to be hip. At least social media types do. Can’t be hip if dad says it.
                              Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Generational collective identity is even more idiotic than racial or gender collective identity.
                                We've had this discussion before, and you're wrong.

Your position assumes all sufficiently large groups of people would act the same way under similar circumstances. Which is horse hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X