This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

For some reason they're half an hour late................
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Here's a list of all the Senators not worth speaking to:

So all the **** states. Not surprising.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Of all the things he's doing this may be the worst. The military considers climate change a national security issue. The wold has consensus on it. Science has consensus on it. There's no upside to him pulling out except to give Bannon a boner.

It's a sad day.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It's official. Paris Climate Accord, you're fired.

Although it seems Trump's willing to listen, so long as there is benefit to the US.

Comment

He's doing a fantastic job painting the Democrats and the Wold the bad guys. Getting plenty of claps and cheers. Also bragged that we have a brand new coal mine opening up in the United States.

Comment

He's doing a fantastic job painting the Democrats and the Wold the bad guys. Getting plenty of claps and cheers. Also bragged that we have a brand new coal mine opening up in the United States.
              You're basically cheering for the other team to score more goals than you.

Comment

As if Frauddy has ever seriously listened to, or remotely considered, an opposing opinion. He's so far in the tank he can't see the forest for the white birches.

Comment

Trump has labeled China and India as big polluters during his speech. BUT, he says were clean. He says the US isn't a polluter.

We're number two.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...xide_emissions

So, what gives?

Comment

For Scooby, Frenchy, and the other whiners about this decision:

http://www.seeingsunshine.com/wp-con...loring-Set.jpg

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/01/o...cord.html?_r=0

People say, if all you have is a hammer, then every problem looks like a nail. We should be so lucky. President Trump has a hammer, but all he’ll use it for is to smash things that others have built, as the world looks on in wonder and in fear. The latest, most troubling example is his decision to obliterate the Paris climate accord: After nearly 200 years of scientific inquiry and over 20 years of patient diplomacy that united every nation save Syria and Nicaragua, we had this afternoon’s big game-show Rose Garden reveal: Count us out.

It’s a stupid and reckless decision — our nation’s dumbest act since launching the war in Iraq. But it’s not stupid and reckless in the normal way. Instead, it amounts to a thorough repudiation of two of the civilizing forces on our planet: diplomacy and science. It undercuts our civilization’s chances of surviving global warming, but it also undercuts our civilization itself, since that civilization rests in large measure on those two forces.

And so we will resist. As the federal government reneges on its commitments, the rest of us will double down on ours. Already cities and states are committing to 100 percent renewable energy. Atlanta was the latest to take the step. We will make sure that every leader who hesitates and waffles on climate will be seen as another Donald Trump, and we will make sure that history will judge that name with the contempt it deserves. Not just because he didn’t take climate change seriously, but also because he didn’t take civilization seriously.

Bill McKibben is a founder of 350.org and teaches environmental studies at Middlebury College.
                      I like science and engineering. I want to live in a country that does too. I don't and that makes me sad. At least some of the people I live with in this country agree with me.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        As if Frauddy has ever seriously listened to, or remotely considered, an opposing opinion. He's so far in the tank he can't see the forest for the white birches.
                        Birch, please.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Our country is now in the hands of morons.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

...Also bragged that we have a brand new coal mine opening up in the United States.
                            Here's the issue I have with announcements like this, because I see this same "corporate speak" in my industry a lot.

The new mine opening in Western PA is bragging of "creating 70 jobs." Are these really 70 new employees or is it really just 70 employees who were working in other mines in the area for the same company being transferred over to the new facility?

In the building and highway construction industry, the jobs makers are always bragging about how these big infrastructure projects will "create xx number of jobs." No, the company who wins the work was still going to employee those people, just not at that project until they won it. There are natural ebbs and flows to the work,

So of those "70 jobs," there is likely only 20 or so actual new positions being created. If that.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Yep. And they're not worth engaging in debate. We need to convince Democrats and people open to voting for Democrats to get off the couch and pull the level. We do not need to waste time convincing idiots that God isn't going to solve the Climate problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I'm embarrassed to be a Christian with these type of people in control. God* gave us the ability to think things over and the strength to make these decisions; he doesn't "take over" for us when we get lazy. (Contrary to the kitschy "Footprints" saying that was popular in the 90's or Carrie Underwood's Billboard Hot 100 hit from 2005.)

Because if God is taking over the climate now, was he just sleeping through the early industrial era when most major cities resembled Beijing? Speaking of Being, did the same God only want to clean Bejing's air during the Olympics in 2008 then said "Bah, good enough, Buddah can maintain it," after the closing ceremonies?

*Whoever your recognized spiritual leader is: Native Spirit Animals, God, Jehovah, Yahweh, Allah, Buddah, Flying Spaghetti Monster, a piece of burnt toast...
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X