Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigFan View Post
    Difference makers !!!!!
    Sorry not recently. M Lam a forward playing D and its not pretty. They were essentially cut out of 4 Nations and team performed great without them. Coach Stauber put them together again on same forward line post 4 Nations to no success. Not sure of political angle but the Lams and many vets are non existent lately. Stop with the commercials and start leading. They are on the team and I will root for them hard but I question team USA Leadershio with recent showings vs. Canada. Szabados will be tough to beat no matter how Canada plays. The Lams can be difference makers. Lately they are the sideshow that is living on reputation and not current results. Take note: Carpenter and Bozek are the sacrifices this year and everyone on that team team is lucky it wasn't them based on post 4 Nation tourney hockey. GO USA!

Comment

• Re: 2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

And lets back up to try-outs when they cut Stack who did very well! Politics ? I think so
      Originally posted by HNIF View Post
      Sorry not recently. M Lam a forward playing D and its not pretty. They were essentially cut out of 4 Nations and team performed great without them. Coach Stauber put them together again on same forward line post 4 Nations to no success. Not sure of political angle but the Lams and many vets are non existent lately. Stop with the commercials and start leading. They are on the team and I will root for them hard but I question team USA Leadershio with recent showings vs. Canada. Szabados will be tough to beat no matter how Canada plays. The Lams can be difference makers. Lately they are the sideshow that is living on reputation and not current results. Take note: Carpenter and Bozek are the sacrifices this year and everyone on that team team is lucky it wasn't them based on post 4 Nation tourney hockey. GO USA!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM

Team USA...Maybe they should look into Daryl Watts giving up her Canadian citizenship and becoming a US citizen.

She could provide the spark that energizes the US lineup.
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Team USA...Maybe they should look into Daryl Watts giving up her Canadian citizenship and becoming a US citizen.

Here we go again.....

That surely short circuit the selection process.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• So it seems that if the players win Gold it will be in spite if the poor coaching, not because of it. Not a surprise there. Goalie as head coach....ego (a fragile one at that)....Olympians....ego....who will win this battle of the egos?! Let's hope the players win out over him.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
              So it seems that if the players win Gold it will be in spite if the poor coaching, not because of it. Not a surprise there. Goalie as head coach....ego (a fragile one at that)....Olympians....ego....who will win this battle of the egos?! Let's hope the players win out over him.
              The problems look to go beyond coaching and players. Cut down to a small roster early, then add players and have additional, late cuts -- what kind of leadership endorses such a knee-jerk process? If we are going to have more of a full-time national team that includes paying players a decent wage, it has to be run by someone who has a clue, no matter who is coaching for a given event.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Here we go again.....

She’s not only faced but passed an impressive battery of tests this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
                  Will it help the USWNT to be positive in the face of the negative posts?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Will it help the USWNT to be positive in the face of the negative posts?
                    I’m not sure. If they don’t know her already, they should probably meter soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
                      I’m not sure. If they don’t know her already, they should probably meter soon.
                      How could they not have seen her? She's by far the brightest bulb on the tree.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

It's possible Stauber, being just a former Goalie and having little experience as a head coach could be screwing up what was a good thing?

But its also possible that he's been involved with the team since 2010, only as an assistant until last year, but maybe he knows the players and knows what was needed?

Conspiracy theory? All the people bashing him on here are doing so in part because they know if the US team wins Gold finally, they can claim they did so in spite of his being the coach? lol

Seems to me former Gopher's make good Olympic hockey coaches, seeing as they led over 50% of the Men's Medal winning teams since 1956.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                          It's possible Stauber, being just a former Goalie and having little experience as a head coach could be screwing up what was a good thing?

But its also possible that he's been involved with the team since 2010, only as an assistant until last year, but maybe he knows the players and knows what was needed?

Conspiracy theory? All the people bashing him on here are doing so in part because they know if the US team wins Gold finally, they can claim they did so in spite of his being the coach? lol

Seems to me former Gopher's make good Olympic hockey coaches, seeing as they led over 50% of the Men's Medal winning teams since 1956.
                          3 medals?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            3 medals?
                            4 medals out of 7. The Gold in 1980 of course, and 3 out of the 5 Silvers.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Here we go again.....

Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
                              Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              How could they not have seen her? She's by far the brightest bulb on the tree.
                              Your mother is finished trimming the crust off your Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich, but you’ll have to pick up your Star Wars toys off your bedroom floor if you want to watch Star Trek while you have lunch, she want to vacuum your bedroom floor.

Comment

Originally posted by twointhebox View Post
                                Let’s be frank about USAHockey and the women’s program, they don’t care. You guys talk about USAHockey making decisions as if they are some big committee of geniuses sitting behind the curtain making grand policy calls. Get real. All the the decisions about the women’s program are made by Regan Carey, a D3 player who got the job by virtue of saying “yes.” By all outward appearances she was the one who fired Ken Klee to take the team in “ a different direction.” I believe at the time he had won 3 World Championships, so I’m unclear what that new direction is. She replaced him with Stauber who has never been a head coach. USAHockey administration never gets involved unless the situation escalates and it makes them look bad. When the team threatened not to go to Worlds, USAHockey tried to replace them, as if finding a comparable talent pool was an easy thing to do. Think they got that wrong too. USAHockey was forced into an agreement and then tried to take credit for advancing the Womens game.

No one has made mention on why the Lams were missing from the roster for many of the Canadien series games as well as the boys games in Florida. Both the Lams and Bozak were suspended for “insubordination.” It might have something to do with the girls questioning the lack of a strength and conditioning coach and other promises not kept. That’s when Stauber decided to shake things up. He got called out in some way and acted like who he is, an individual who has no coaching experienced and marginal maturity. He channeled his U16 boys coach right down to the bag skates. Perhaps the fable of the emperor having no clothes is a fitting analogy. Stauber and the Lams, Smith and Granado, the parallels couldn’t be any more similar. Women aren’t allowed to have opinions and if they do, they will be put in their place.
                                you need to get together with shelfit and figure out if coming from D3 is good or bad and then get back to the rest of us.

Maybe you could also explain how "calling out" a head coach would be good or acceptable, isn't there player leadership in place to handle issues between players and coach? Yes, yes there is, and it is unchanged , so if US Hockey is so peaved about the strike and Stauber "has lost the team" why are those players not only still with the team, but still in leadership positions?

Comment

Working...
                                X